Sponsored

Is it just me, or does the S550 look awkward from certain angles?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think this is the only bad angle

Without a spoiler and smaller wheels the car just looks way too bloated in the back. Otherwise it's still exotic looking to me every other angle.
The lights are really a big weakness on the front. They just don't flow well. I actually think the new Fusion lights look pretty good. Hard angles/strong lines. Definitely look for something similar coming to the Mustang.

Do I think it should look similar with some DNA for sure as long as that DNA doesn't look like a fish. :)

I think the Ford Fusion racing car looks better in the front then the current Mustang. Better lights, better grill, better angles, (obviously those arent real but stickers but the look is nice)

If you notice the new Fusion lights, they definitely have Audi inspiration in their design/styling/lines.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I have a problem with the back. I like the idea, it's just proportioned wrong, to my eye.

The Fastback is too fast, it's got that new Audi S7 look to it.

'S why I bought a '14. :)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I have a problem with the back. I like the idea, it's just proportioned wrong, to my eye.

The Fastback is too fast, it's got that new Audi S7 look to it.

'S why I bought a '14. :)
The RS7 is pure S-E-X

sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pony Package
Believe every Aero Ford since the '86 Taurus has had funky angles that didn't photograph well.

One of my faves being the '89 T-bird supercoupe. Thought it was a sweet looking ride in person but in pics the front end just photographed too flat.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Believe every Aero Ford since the '86 Taurus has had funky angles that didn't photograph well.
Yeah. All cars do, some more than others. The unavoidable locations of some mechanical and biological parts prevent perfect aesthetics even if costs didn't.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

One of my faves being the '89 T-bird supercoupe. Thought it was a sweet looking ride in person but in pics the front end just photographed too flat.
That has something to do with the lens they are using.
Longer lens will give a flatter look.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
haha! Well, what if it was an A7? :)
You know what the A stands for...;)

BTW...did you know that TESLA wanted the Model E name and couldn't use it...if they did their line-up would be Model S, Model E, Model X and then would later make the Model Y

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If you compare s550 to s197 there are pretty much all the same basic lines. But the new headlights are the biggest departure obviously. That is what took me longest to get used to. Because the new car is more Aston Martin styled, I personally like the level (no rake) look. More race car, less muscle car. Just me. :shrug:

The black trunk panel almost seems like a copout. Not sure why they did not paint it body color. I don't mind it, but just knowing it is plastic makes me feel like they cheaped out there a little.

Finally, I have concluded that the front grilles are just too big. They don't need to be, many of the holes are blanked off. I think Ford was trying to make a statement there, and did not quite follow the DB9 cues. Below is how I kinda wish they would have emulated just a little closer - i.e. smaller grilles, and painted back end. Also, the GT350 is way cool with the rear-facing vents in the hood and fenders, lower front end and grille style. But now the grilles are WAY too big.

I actually prefer the EB grille (no fangs), and I really like the T-rex grille and Roush grilles better than OEM.
2014_aston_martin_vanquish_coupe-pic-7386610102412252633.jpeg
2014_aston_martin_vanquish_coupe-pic-4179295596662632207.jpeg
2014_aston_martin_vanquish-pic-3530665984644366507.jpeg

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think the main issue is they didn't taper the front and tail enough making them look very wide and bulky.

Reactions: GTP

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Shit we are picky, for being mustang lovers, aren't we?:lol:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If you compare s550 to s197 there are pretty much all the same basic lines. But the new headlights are the biggest departure obviously. That is what took me longest to get used to. Because the new car is more Aston Martin styled, I personally like the level (no rake) look. More race car, less muscle car. Just me. :shrug:

The black trunk panel almost seems like a copout. Not sure why they did not paint it body color. I don't mind it, but just knowing it is plastic makes me feel like they cheaped out there a little.

Finally, I have concluded that the front grilles are just too big. They don't need to be, many of the holes are blanked off. I think Ford was trying to make a statement there, and did not quite follow the DB9 cues. Below is how I kinda wish they would have emulated just a little closer - i.e. smaller grilles, and painted back end. Also, the GT350 is way cool with the rear-facing vents in the hood and fenders, lower front end and grille style. But now the grilles are WAY too big.

I actually prefer the EB grille (no fangs), and I really like the T-rex grille and Roush grilles better than OEM.

I love the AMs....especially #2

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I always thought this design doesn't translate well in photographs. It's best viewed from a real world perspective. That's the only way to capture the 3 dimensional qualities of the design. I have probably spent hours gazing at my car in the garage from so many angles and I can't find one I don't like.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Im happy with most angles and stances of the s550. The one look I cant get past is when directly behind the car. The rear window sweep just doesnt merge well with the trunk/tail panel area. But I guess that is the end result when designing the nice bulging quarter panel lines of the car..very sexy indeed lol
That's my only styling complaint: The quarter panel / rear fascia bulge/angular profiles.