Interest in CNC Heads Exchange Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Limits of the factory block, I think that's open for debate depending on who you talk too.

I can tell you we're over 1000whp on the factory motor with a TSS Billet Oil Pump gear for safety.

At the same time, Sheldon Lewis & Beefcake hurt their engines around the 950-1000whp mark from speaking with them.

I'd say to be safe, keep the motor at/under 800whp and it should live a long life.

In regards to the factory heads and gains from CNC them....

I'll know in the next few months as we're working with MPR (Mustang Performance Racing) in Boynton Beach, Florida on a race motor for our shop car.

https://www.facebook.com/Mustang-Performance-Racing-MPR-Racing-Engines-216645295025702/
I bet mpr will be priced very well. :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
I bet mpr will be priced very well. :headbang:
If you want the best, you have to pay for it.

MPR is NOT CHEAP, but I trust they put out a quality product.

I received quotes 25-30% cheaper, but when it comes to something as expensive as a sleeved race engine, reliability and documented performance are worth the slight premium. :cheers:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
If you want the best, you have to pay for it.

MPR is NOT CHEAP, but I trust they put out a quality product.

I received quotes 25-30% cheaper, but when it comes to something as expensive as a sleeved race engine, reliability and proven performance are worth the slight premium. :cheers:
:shrug: i found they were priced cheaper then bes and accufab. Only person i contacted that was cheaper was mpr.

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
:shrug: i found they were priced cheaper then bes and accufab. Only person i contacted that was cheaper was mpr.
you mean MMR?

BES, L&M and MPR are who we considered. They all provided me long block quotes within $1000 of one another. (Not enough to sway me to one over the other.)

Sponsored

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Really $3500-$4000 for a good CNC program with all upgraded components is not a bad price if staying NA. Of course after head porting you will now be required to have custom cams designed for those fancy newly ported heads in order to utilize the benefits CNC gained.

With that said the block and internals are good for I'd say 1000 HP, which can be obtained very easily with a SC and mild upgraded heads. I'll also be honest that I don't know a lot about the potential of the heads or block of the 5.0 Coyote in the aftermarket.

I do know my current 4.155 bore World Block in my drag car can hold 2000 HP, so I didn't have a problem spending over $5000 on getting a good CNC program done and installing 16 titanium valves at $122 a piece. The upside is I can still harness/hold the power.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
have you tested this on your shop car to see if there are any improvements?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
you mean MMR?

BES, L&M and MPR are who we considered. They all provided me long block quotes within $1000 of one another. (Not enough to sway me to one over the other.)
L&m has been a train wreck since i left the gt500 community after what they pulled on bad_company's build.

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
L&m has been a train wreck since i left the gt500 community after what they pulled on bad_company's build.
I wasn't aware, unfortunate to hear. :(

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
have you tested this on your shop car to see if there are any improvements?
I ordered heads from Ford today so we can start the process.

I'll share photos in the weeks ahead, once we dive in further. :cheers:

Sponsored

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
I'm out. For me, I would like to do a blower in about 2 years when the wife is out of college and making money. Maybe some headers and some suspension. $3-4k in head work would not be a good fit for me/my budget.

If I were in the market, I would want cams matched to the head job. Cam offerings would likely help your sales/interest.

I still like to see things like this and enjoy having the option. I wish you luck and hope it is a worthwhile endeavor. Cool factor is definitely there.

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
I'm out. For me, I would like to do a blower in about 2 years when the wife is out of college and making money. Maybe some headers and some suspension. $3-4k in head work would not be a good fit for me/my budget.

If I were in the market, I would want cams matched to the head job. Cam offerings would likely help your sales/interest.

I still like to see things like this and enjoy having the option. I wish you luck and hope it is a worthwhile endeavor. Cool factor is definitely there.
Right now, there is talk of cams and website listings of cams, but nothing currently available.

We will start out on the OEM GT cams, but when cams become available, count on us testing a set.

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Right now, there is talk of cams and website listings of cams, but nothing currently available.

We will start out on the OEM GT cams, but when cams become available, count on us testing a set.
One of the reasons I mentioned Cams in my post.

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
One of the reasons I mentioned Cams in my post.
I talked to Comp @ SEMA, and it's coming. I already know of a few that are beta testing, but I haven't seen physical product available to the masses yet.

I feel confident we'll see product this year.

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I talked to Comp @ SEMA, and it's coming. I already know of a few that are beta testing, but I haven't seen physical product available to the masses yet.

I feel confident we'll see product this year.
It's good to know the aftermarket is embracing engine development of the 5.0 coyote.

Who makes the cam cores for Ford?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.