Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
This is just a feeler to gauge interest, but would there be legitimate interest in a CNC Cylinder Heads Exchange program for the S550 GT?

I don't want to get into specifics or pricing, as for now, my interest is strictly to gauge demand.

There would be a $1800 (100% Refundable) Core exchange cost involved, which would be refunded upon return of your Good Condition usable heads.

If your complete heads are provided in advance, no core fee would apply.
Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
This is just a feeler to gauge interest, but would there be legitimate interest in a CNC Cylinder Heads Exchange program for the S550 GT?

I don't want to get into specifics or pricing, as for now, my interest is strictly to gauge demand.

There would be a $1800 (100% Refundable) Core exchange cost involved, which would be refunded upon return of your Good Condition usable heads.

If your complete heads are provided in advance, no core fee would apply.
Hard to answer for me, without pricing and specifics lol But hopefully the interest is high so that the option is out there in general.

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
This is more of a feeler to see how many 2015+ owners are ready to dive into internal engine mods.

Are we there yet as a market? Or are most still concerned about their factory warranty and we should revisit this in 1-2 years?

We're working on product planning for 2016, and this is one project we're considering using our resources towards if there's interest there.

Seeing all these FI cars, a good set of CNC Ported heads would lead to solid HP gains.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
This is more of a feeler to see how many 2015+ owners are ready to dive into internal engine mods.

Are we there yet as a market? Or are most still concerned about their factory warranty?

We're working on product planning for 2016, and this is one project we're considering using our resources towards if there's interest there.
Going by the amount of FI s550's running around, my guess is there are plenty of folks, like me, who are losing their warranty anyways. I personally hope the interest is very high for you guys. To bring that to the S550 market, and the fact that you are an active vendor on the forums... I certainly hope this does well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I don't care about the warranty as its already voided. I would need to know what kind of gains are there associated with porting the coyote heads? (11-14 gains?) I've been on both ends of this deal (vendor and consumer). From the consumer stand point the price is going to deter many people in my opinion unless the gains were very good. Reason is for that kind of money you can almost get into a supercharger setup and from there you can make more than enough hp to blow the engine. I have fully ported heads on a blown big block, but it's based on a platform that I can utilize the added power with out destroying the block. Since I'm relatively new to the coyotes I'm unsure what level the block becomes unstable. From my limited research I am not aware of a bullit proof block like a dart big m (bbc) to build off of.

Either way, I would probably be a customer if there was a block option to hold all the power these engines seem to be capable of.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
I don't care about the warranty as its already voided. I would need to know what kind of gains are there associated with porting the coyote heads? (11-14 gains?) I've been on both ends of this deal (vendor and consumer). From the consumer stand point the price is going to deter many people in my opinion unless the gains were very good. Reason is for that kind of money you can almost get into a supercharger setup and from there you can make more than enough hp to blow the engine. I have fully ported heads on a blown big block, but it's based on a platform that I can utilize the added power with out destroying the block. Since I'm relatively new to the coyotes I'm unsure what level the block becomes unstable. From my limited research I am not aware of a bullit proof block like a dart big m (bbc) to build off of.

Either way, I would probably be a customer if there was a block option to hold all the power these engines seem to be capable of.
First off, welcome to the community. :cheers:

I see you're from Baton Rouge, Geaux Tigers! I went to High School in Denham Springs, born in New Orleans.

This would not be targeted toward a factory motor customer.

This is targeted towards the 1000+ whp crowd looking to push their S/C or TT kit on a built motor.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
First off, welcome to the community. :cheers:

I see you're from Baton Rouge, Geaux Tigers! I went to High School in Denham Springs, born in New Orleans.

This would not be targeted toward a factory motor customer.

This is targeted towards the 1000+ whp crowd looking to push their S/C or TT kit on a built motor.

Small world. I've recently moved towards Denham springs.

What are the limits of the blocks? What ball park gains do you think you will get?

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
Small world. I've recently moved towards Denham springs.

What are the limits of the blocks? What ball park gains do you think you will get?
Limits of the factory block, I think that's open for debate depending on who you talk too.

I can tell you we're over 1000whp on the factory motor with a TSS Billet Oil Pump gear for safety.

At the same time, Sheldon Lewis & Beefcake hurt their engines around the 950-1000whp mark from speaking with them.

I'd say to be safe, keep the motor at/under 800whp and it should live a long life.

In regards to the factory heads and gains from CNC them....

I'll know in the next few months as we're working with MPR (Mustang Performance Racing) in Boynton Beach, Florida on a race motor for our shop car.

https://www.facebook.com/Mustang-Performance-Racing-MPR-Racing-Engines-216645295025702/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.