Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Make sure you keep track of the temperature, or more accurately the density altitude, as that can change your boost level alone.

If its cold, the air is more dense, and requires less boost to make the desired HP, if its hot, the air is less dense, and requires more boost to make the desired HP.

If you are not datalogging and keeping track of the temperature, you can't accurately compare boost levels from day to day.

Thanks for sharing some data about the dv+. I am looking into it now also..
I can't use torque well enough lol. Not even sure that's an option. I can't even get it to graph the logged data, I had to dig through a ton of crap to pick out those max boost numbers.
Sponsored

barok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Wasn't expecting a whole lot. It was inexpensive and I didn't want any sort of mechanical blow off valve. The stock unit was definitely leaking boost. I was seeing a max of 18 on the boost gauge in the car prior, and it hits 20 now. Torque actually logged 19.7 prior to upgrade I'll have to log another run now and see what I get.

I also never heard the pssssh noise from the stock DV valve venting to the intake. I'm assuming that was due to leaking. I now hear a very noticeable PSSSSSSSH when it vents. Boost recovery after a shift is noticeable difference as well. It has made the car feel quicker and more fun to drive. Not bad for under $150.
Where and what DV did you get?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Anyone have a sound video of it? My friend installed it on his automatic eco and I couldn't hear it PSSSSSSSSH, but he did say the throttle response was better.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Anyone have a sound video of it? My friend installed it on his automatic eco and I couldn't hear it PSSSSSSSSH, but he did say the throttle response was better.
It sounds the same as the stock one to me. Its not a BOV, its just a metal version of the diverter. As long as its still recirculated its not going to make any noise.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds the same as the stock one to me. Its not a BOV, its just a metal version of the diverter. As long as its still recirculated its not going to make any noise.
Ahhh, thats what I thought. I can't sacrafice that sound, I'm addicted to it. I guess I'ma go with the turbosmart.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Ahhh, thats what I thought. I can't sacrafice that sound, I'm addicted to it. I guess I'ma go with the turbosmart.
If all you want is noises just take the recirculation tube off and put a cap on the intake barb. It'll make plenty of noise then.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If all you want is noises just take the recirculation tube off and put a cap on the intake barb. It'll make plenty of noise then.
I have the boomba right now, I hate how it still makes the noise when i'm in 6th gear. That's why I'm going to get a mechanical BOV.
Sponsored