Installed DV+ today

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Wasn't expecting a whole lot. It was inexpensive and I didn't want any sort of mechanical blow off valve. The stock unit was definitely leaking boost. I was seeing a max of 18 on the boost gauge in the car prior, and it hits 20 now. Torque actually logged 19.7 prior to upgrade I'll have to log another run now and see what I get.

I also never heard the pssssh noise from the stock DV valve venting to the intake. I'm assuming that was due to leaking. I now hear a very noticeable PSSSSSSSH when it vents. Boost recovery after a shift is noticeable difference as well. It has made the car feel quicker and more fun to drive. Not bad for under $150.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Still waiting for mine to come in. Slowest shipping I've ever seen in my life, 3 weeks on the road for something the size of a tangerine.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'm waiting patiently for mine, I just now got done with putting the airaid tube and stock airbox back on the car.

Power went out at the house so I had to do something while it was dark.

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Did another data log with torque. I now reach 20.3 psi peak boost. That's 0.6 psi higher than previously. Subjectively however it just feels all around better to drive. At least when driving it hard.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I got mine in today. Made a HUGE difference! With the intercooler installed I was peaking at ~18psi and now it hits ~22psi and stays there with no taper off. I'm sure its not actually 22psi but that's what the stock digital gauge shows.

I put the spring in, response seems better and driving is nicer. Great mod for the cheap price.

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
I have the dial gauge with the PP. No digital gauge available. Prior to the mod when I'd look over it was around 18, after it was at 20. Now torque disagreed, showing a half pound improvement at peak. I think that with the dv+ in there it's holding boost much better though. I'm not good enough with torque to create graphs though, and the data dump is a pain in the ass to sort through.

Regardless, I'm very happy with the mod. Car feels quicker and more responsive.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I have the dial gauge with the PP. No digital gauge available. Prior to the mod when I'd look over it was around 18, after it was at 20. Now torque disagreed, showing a half pound improvement at peak. I think that with the dv+ in there it's holding boost much better though. I'm not good enough with torque to create graphs though, and the data dump is a pain in the ass to sort through.

Regardless, I'm very happy with the mod. Car feels quicker and more responsive.
We've determined that all ecoboost have the digital gauge available, its in your menus under the display somewhere just FYI. Don't know if you care about it, I like mine right in the center of the dash. Like I said, I'm sure that I didn't really gain 4psi but its definitely holding a lot better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
We've determined that all ecoboost have the digital gauge available, its in your menus under the display somewhere just FYI. Don't know if you care about it, I like mine right in the center of the dash. Like I said, I'm sure that I didn't really gain 4psi but its definitely holding a lot better.
Take a trip to your local dealer and test that theory out. My 2015 premium PP has no boost gauge on the instrument cluster. Whether it can be coded in with forscan I have no idea.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Take a trip to your local dealer and test that theory out. My 2015 premium PP has no boost gauge on the instrument cluster. Whether it can be coded in with forscan I have no idea.
Nevermind, for some reason I thought you were saying you didn't have the PP. Reading these real quick while trying to work is a bad idea :doh:

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
Did another data log with torque. I now reach 20.3 psi peak boost. That's 0.6 psi higher than previously. Subjectively however it just feels all around better to drive. At least when driving it hard.
Make sure you keep track of the temperature, or more accurately the density altitude, as that can change your boost level alone.

If its cold, the air is more dense, and requires less boost to make the desired HP, if its hot, the air is less dense, and requires more boost to make the desired HP.

If you are not datalogging and keeping track of the temperature, you can't accurately compare boost levels from day to day.

Thanks for sharing some data about the dv+. I am looking into it now also..
Sponsored