Sponsored

If Z/28 was priced identical to GT350, which would you buy?

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Well the gt350 seems to hit the mark, if Chevy has to discount the Z just because the gt350 was announced. Will stick with the gt350. Enjoy your purchase
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr Chill

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28
The discount has nothing to do with the GT350 coming out in 10 months. Its purpose is to decrease older inventory.

Those who think the Z/28 is terrible for street use, there are plenty of owners who feel otherwise. I suspect aftermarket wheels and a staggered setup will dramatically improve daily drivability.

As far as the interior goes, the Z/28 interior is much nicer than the regular Camaro. The Alcantara steering wheel and shifter are really nice as is the Alcantara trimmed dash/doors/seats.

I know this is a Mustang forum, but at the same price, the Z/28 is more car and should dominate on the track, but that remains to be seen. I may ultimately opt for a GT350 or GT350R when discounts are available which will occur during the 2016 model year IMO, but for now, the Z/28 is hard to beat.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Honestly, my biggest worry would just be the price to even look at the brakes. Ceramics are not as DD miles friendly I'm guessing...

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
The discount has nothing to do with the GT350 coming out in 10 months. Its purpose is to decrease older inventory.

Those who think the Z/28 is terrible for street use, there are plenty of owners who feel otherwise. I suspect aftermarket wheels and a staggered setup will dramatically improve daily drivability.

As far as the interior goes, the Z/28 interior is much nicer than the regular Camaro. The Alcantara steering wheel and shifter are really nice as is the Alcantara trimmed dash/doors/seats.

I know this is a Mustang forum, but at the same price, the Z/28 is more car and should dominate on the track, but that remains to be seen. I may ultimately opt for a GT350 or GT350R when discounts are available which will occur during the 2016 model year IMO, but for now, the Z/28 is hard to beat.
I agree, the discount has nothing to do with the GT350 coming out and everything with inventory reduction...Buick is doing the same thing. I just think a 20% reduction in MSRP is CRAZY. It makes me wonder how much money they were making off the cars to begin with.

As far as the interior, it's all about personal preference. I dislike the look of the stereo and dash bezels too much silver painted plastic make me think it looks cheap. Again, personal preference. Though from the pics online, it does seem to have a more premium look than the regular camaro...still a bit too much of that silver painted plastic. If it's going to be plastic I prefer black plastic because its not horribly obvious that its plastic. They could have done better with the bezels and done a polished aluminum or something...the plastic really kills it for me.

Again though, amazing car, props for buying it :-) I'll be plenty jealous when I start seeing track videos!
stereo.jpg
dash bezzle.jpg

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Realistically, the z28 SHOULD have been priced in the 50k range to begin with.

Personally (and that's whats at issue here, personal taste and value), the GT350 seems much more exotic in look and underpinnings (as well as issues such as interior quality, options, etc). While we don't have concrete final information on every details, what we know already seems at the very least a match. Then there is the FPC V8.

Ultimately, no one can truly say until the GT350 is actually on sale.

But the early take personally is that the GT350 is the better car at any price.

The z28 is the best camaro ever made in my opinion. And if I had one, I'd HAVE to supercharge it. Keep the handling, but give it better than zl1 power.

But I'm more intrigued by what Ford is doing with the new car. And what it means for the GT500 (FPC with PerformaBoost? Lol). but that's another story for another thread...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr Chill

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28
Honestly, my biggest worry would just be the price to even look at the brakes. Ceramics are not as DD miles friendly I'm guessing...
Carbon ceramic rotors would last forever if only subjected to street use.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I agree, the discount has nothing to do with the GT350 coming out and everything with inventory reduction...Buick is doing the same thing. I just think a 20% reduction in MSRP is CRAZY. It makes me wonder how much money they were making off the cars to begin with.

As far as the interior, it's all about personal preference. I dislike the look of the stereo and dash bezels too much silver painted plastic make me think it looks cheap. Again, personal preference. Though from the pics online, it does seem to have a more premium look than the regular camaro...still a bit too much of that silver painted plastic. If it's going to be plastic I prefer black plastic because its not horribly obvious that its plastic. They could have done better with the bezels and done a polished aluminum or something...the plastic really kills it for me.

Again though, amazing car, props for buying it :-) I'll be plenty jealous when I start seeing track videos!
Not a good sign comparing a speciality production camaro to Buick. I think this is a very bad sign on the market place view of the z28, if they need to discount so heavily. Have not ever seen that on the gt500 and it has higher numbers.

The gt350 comment was tongue in cheek, obviously too subtle for some

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Carbon ceramic rotors would last forever if only subjected to street use.
Everything wears out, and when they do it's time to trade it in.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Realistically, the z28 SHOULD have been priced in the 50k range to begin with.

Personally (and that's whats at issue here, personal taste and value), the GT350 seems much more exotic in look and underpinnings (as well as issues such as interior quality, options, etc). While we don't have concrete final information on every details, what we know already seems at the very least a match. Then there is the FPC V8.

Ultimately, no one can truly say until the GT350 is actually on sale.

But the early take personally is that the GT350 is the better car at any price.

The z28 is the best camaro ever made in my opinion. And if I had one, I'd HAVE to supercharge it. Keep the handling, but give it better than zl1 power.

But I'm more intrigued by what Ford is doing with the new car. And what it means for the GT500 (FPC with PerformaBoost? Lol). but that's another story for another thread...
I predict that Motor Trend will hate the GT350 and they will report that the 1LE is a better car. :shrug:

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
Nice video review, The Z/28 only three tenths faster on the track?! Wow2015 GT PP owners dont have anything to worry about.:thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dr Chill

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28
Nice video review, The Z/28 only three tenths faster on the track?! Wow2015 GT PP owners dont have anything to worry about.:thumbsup:
3 seconds faster, not 3/10.

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
Ahh my bad must be turkey brain, still count to three and that's it.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
This z28 could be the last year with ceramic break. For 50k is a great deal, but i still love the fpc from gt350, and i would hate to be in the interior of z28.