Sponsored

If Z/28 was priced identical to GT350, which would you buy?

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28
The Z/28 is a well balanced and carefully thought out street/track car. LS7 is a tried and true beast of a motor, dry sump, huge carbon ceramic Brembo's, Multimatic Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve system. Tremendous total package but at $76,150 with A/C, most people say it's overpriced.

If it was priced below $55,000, who would opt for the Camaro over the GT350?

I would, and did Saturday. New 2015 Z/28 with a/c for $54,000. Just couldn't wait until next fall. Now I have something to track while waiting for the ADM's on the GT350 to fade away.

Sponsored

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I can't fault you for going for it at that price. Please report back with how street able the Z/28 actually is.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
That my friend is by most all measures a Bad Mother Father!!! While I just can't get into the interior (where I would be sitting much of the time) I appreciate it's stance, look, GO and WHOA!

I have no doubt you will enjoy the hell out of what is clearly one of the best performance cars at that price point.

That said, for me it's wait for the GT350!

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
How did you get it for $54k?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
+1 on how one gets $22k off MSRP. Hell I'd buy one for that.

Ford needs to be careful about how it positions the GT350 if Z/28 pricing becomes aggressive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr Chill

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28
Dealership in MD blew out 2 of the 4 they had in stock. Until 1/2/15, Chevy is offering 15% rebate on the oldest 15% of Camaros in each dealer's inventory (all models except COPO). In my case that included a 2015 Z/28, and they added another $6000 discount on top of that.

There are several available for $60000.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Dealership in MD blew out 2 of the 4 they had in stock. Until 1/2/15, Chevy is offering 15% rebate on the oldest 15% of Camaros in each dealer's inventory (all models except COPO). In my case that included a 2015 Z/28, and they added another $6000 discount on top of that.

There are several available for $60000.
Congrats on one hell of a deal. They must have something special cooked up for 16 if they're this pressed to move current product. Ford never offered anything like this on the GT500 or Boss 302.

Wish I knew about those MD dealers and this deal sooner!

Last edited:

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
The Z/28 is a well balanced and carefully thought out street/track car. LS7 is a tried and true beast of a motor, dry sump, huge carbon ceramic Brembo's, Multimatic Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve system. Tremendous total package but at $76,150 with A/C, most people say it's overpriced.

If it was priced below $55,000, who would opt for the Camaro over the GT350?

I would, and did Saturday. New 2015 Z/28 with a/c for $54,000. Just couldn't wait until next fall. Now I have something to track while waiting for the ADM's on the GT350 to fade away.
Congratulations! That is a ton of car for the money, will be fun on track and on the street.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
The interior makes me cringe. The radio in particular is abhorrent. In fact, when I sat in an SS, I almost didn't even want to test drive because of the excessively cheap looking dash and gauge cluster.

Now that we have my blatant bias out of the way, when I first heard of prices dropping I started searching the web thinking "maybe". From all accounts it's a great car. Me however, I'm mesmerized by the sound and uniqueness of a FPC within my real life budget. I also want a car that will be comfortable for a DD. From what I can tell, the Z is a track car that is street able and the GT350 will be a street car that is highly track able.

Again, that being said...props to you. I hope you enjoy the car greatly. I'm looking forward to seeing some videos of you on a track day and I respect, acknowledge, and appreciate all high powered cars and know that everyone has their own opinions and likes.

You got a hell of a buy! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Sounds like a good buy. From the 'horror' stories I think I'd rather a Hellcat for street fun, let us know how rough it is off the track!

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
I'd still buy the GT350. I've wanted a high performance Mustang since I was 7 years old. I've never wanted a Camaro of any sort.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You could give a z28 away in a box of Cracker-Jacks and I still wouldn't want one!!! Enjoy your purchase, I myself wouldn't buy anything that was worth $80,000 new yesterday and $50,000 new today. They were either overcharging to begin with (like I said) or losing $20-30,000 per vehicle (Notgonnahappen.com). It could be a little of both...

For competitive racing and daily street use, it is worthless (as in $0). Adding AC and Stereo would make it far more livable but far less worth a sh!t.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Congrats on one hell of a deal. They must have something special cooked up for 16 if they're this pressed to move current product. Ford never offered anything like this on the GT500 or Boss 302.

Wish I knew about those MD dealers and this deal sooner!
Ford didn't because their cars weren't grossly overpriced to begin with.

To answer the OP I would go the Mustang even if it cost more. That 5.2 is a special donk - it'll bltch-slap the LS7. And you could enjoy it on the road.
Sponsored