Sponsored

If Z/28 was priced identical to GT350, which would you buy?

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Well bought on the Z. Personally, I would wait for the GT350. The Z's not quite street-friendly enough for me.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nice exaggeration on the values. I was Viper and Z06 shopping before snapping this car up. I wasn't a buyer at $75,000, but at under $55,000 I am. It's all about one's individual perceived value. The Z/28 has more expensive components than does a GT350 if you compare them side by side. Yes, the FPC motor is intriguing, but has is untested in this platform. If it's all about looks, I'd go Ford on this one, but to me it's all about track performance and cool factor. There are plenty of Z/28 guys who daily drive their cars and enjoy it. I plan to be one of them. Just need a extra set of rims and street tires to preserve those expensive Trofeos for the track.
I agree $55,000 is really cheap for a car with amazing high dollar options that was produced in low volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if it increases in value, especially if you don't drive it much and keep it long enough

You're right. Buying the FPC Mustang is a bit of a gamble. I expect there will be some initial quality issues. It's hard to find all problems with testing when the design change is significant enough.

It's funny - I'm on the opposite side of the appearance opinion. I think the Camaro exterior is better looking.

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
Good Choice man! Whatever makes you happy is what matters. I sold my C6 Z06 that i loved and opted for a 2011 E92 M3 and spent a good amount of $$ on track goodies on it and i LOVE IT! i do no regret my decission. I always wanted the E92 M3 High Revving V8 withg the DCT transmission. I too will be getting the GT350R myself because you cant deny that Ford has finally done it right this time.
Back to what i was saying...enjoy the Z/28 because it is badass! drive it like you stole it then once the GT350 gets allocations..jump on that. We are here on this planet for a short time...why not enjoy it.

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
The Chevy dealer in Daytona beach has a brand new Carbon gray Z28 they're willing to sell for $19,000 off sticker of $76,000. This with combined discount from my job another $7,000 I can get the car for a steal. Strongly considering it.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The Chevy dealer in Daytona beach has a brand new Carbon gray Z28 they're willing to sell for $19,000 off sticker of $76,000. This with combined discount from my job another $7,000 I can get the car for a steal. Strongly considering it.
Wow...50k price? That is insane!!

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
For an extra $17k in top of mine I would have bought the Z28.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on your incredible new ride! Such a cool car and what a SMOKIN deal you got.

With that said...
There is lots to like about the Z28 and no disputing the performance it delivers. My complaint with the Camaro is the poor visibility in all directions. As a DD, no amount of performance gets me past that. The track focused ride and lack of amenities are also drawbacks as a DD.
YES!

Absolutely positively couldn't buy it on the visibility alone. Can't see a thing when your driving one and seeing (pun not intended) that having, you know, visibility is arguably the single most important thing when driving an automobile around it would immediately rule it out for me as well.

It would to me at least also come down to what the intended use of the car was to be. If it's only going to see very little track time and a lot of getting around and/or showing off time (not necessarily DD) then that would be yet another drawback. From what most reviews I have heard is that it a very harsh ride on the streets.

If true, that would mean you would be buying a car that is not enjoyable most of the time because it sees little track time and lots of off track time. Also, as you noted, that the lack of amenities s-s-s-suck.
The Boss 302 is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven, period. I'm thinking the GT350 will deliver the same fun as a Boss but with a lot better performance plus the real-world / rough road advantages of IRS.
I'm thinkin' you are correct. :thumbsup:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I think it is in very poor taste to reduce a limited production vehicle of any kind by that amount. Sure, the magazines say it's a good car, owners, drivers, competitive racers say differently. It's a batch of band aids on a very poor platform. Those who paid $75,000+ just saw their cars value decrease drastically... That's just horribly bad let alone claiming they sold out.

I would have kept that $55,000 and got something useable, livable or at least a car that performed as advertised. You bought a car on media input :(

This whole z28 ordeal put a very bad taste in my mouth...
I almost feel sorry for the poor suckers that bought a Z28 as an investment and paid markups on them last month or before. The Z28s market might never recover and they're value took a huge blow. Who in their right mind would pay even $50K for a used one now? or when the new models come out, bam they got hosed!

As answer to the question, I wouldn't buy a Camaro ever, unless I knew I could sell it tomorrow for a big profit, like a barn find '69 Z28 for cheap. I'm just a Ford guy,:ford: and the new Camaro's visibility issues and cheap, ugly interior make it easy. If I wanted to drive a tank looking out of slits in the copula with an ugly Spartan interior I'd have joined the Army.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

But then you have to sit in it... that's the bad part of owning one.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I almost feel sorry for the poor suckers that bought a Z28 as an investment and paid markups on them last month or before. The Z28s market might never recover and they're value took a huge blow. Who in their right mind would pay even $50K for a used one now? or when the new models come out, bam they got hosed!

As answer to the question, I wouldn't buy a Camaro ever, unless I knew I could sell it tomorrow for a big profit, like a barn find '69 Z28 for cheap. I'm just a Ford guy,:ford: and the new Camaro's visibility issues and cheap, ugly interior make it easy. If I wanted to drive a tank looking out of slits in the copula with an ugly Spartan interior I'd have joined the Army.

I'd take a 68-72 Camaro any day of the week...

That being said I won't touch a Chevy that's newer than 97.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
It just shows they should have priced properly to begin with. I think Ford realizes this as well.

To the OP congrats man, awesome car.

Dave

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I'll take the GT350. I no longer do so much track time so to buy a more track oriented car like the Z/28 is out of the equation. The only thing I don't like about them is the ugly interior. The GT350 will be more confortable to deal ith every day so it will be my first choice.
Sponsored