Sponsored

If you end up hating the 2015?

If you end up hating the 2015 Mustang, do you....

• Keep your current car

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Buy a 2013-14 Mustang (or another model year)

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Shop elsewhere (non-Ford)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Other (suicide, rioting, death threats, etc... explain)

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

kirbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I voted I'd get a 13-14 or another year Mustang if I hated the s550. But I think I might just keep my 10 too. Either way, IMO Ford has continued to make the Mustang better and better since the early 80s. Facing more competition at home, its time for the Mustang to go global. I'm confident they will get it right.
Sponsored

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Other -- would contemplate death threats but then probably force myself into warming up to the design. Maybe by the 2nd or 3rd refresh which usually is when they nail it anyway.

By then we'll all be talking about the next gen. Vicious (and expensive) cycle this hobby...

OP
OP

StangFX

Well... looks like this thread no longer applies to me

That sneak preview was more than enough to get me to wait for the finished product. I think the current ride will start looking a bit outdated in comparison.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
C7 it is! :)
I'm just going to stick with my Boss for now after seeing the front. Maybe get a GT500 but still having trouble getting a good deal on one locally.

OP
OP

crazyfastfreddy

not me you take off 2-400 pounds off that sucker with a lower ride height and better aero and that thing will for sure outgun the s197 in performance and handling.

Im waiting... hope the spy pics come rolling now that the front end is out of the bag.

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I bet that the performance and handling would be superior (greatly imo) and would benefit from the rumored weight loss. Even if the looks are not to my liking, i would still be hard to pass it up if it is priced right and has as much or more bang for your buck as the s197.

D Griff

Threads
Reaction score
It'll really depend, hard to think ahead a few years for me with cars, as I'm always interested in something else. But I'll like try to get a '14 GT at a bargain basement price if I don't like the new ones.

OP
OP

Ricky35

I bet that the performance and handling would be superior (greatly imo) and would benefit from the rumored weight loss. Even if the looks are not to my liking, i would still be hard to pass it up if it is priced right and has as much or more bang for your buck as the s197.
Manufacturers rarely go backwards these days. Its performance will top the s197 no doubt.

Sponsored

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
Well I loved the 13-14 design so I bought one. Mind you my last mustang was a 1992 GT, so I was in the market for a new one lol. Modern looking doesn't always = better looking imo.
My 14 is finally out of the plant, but on a broken down train. Delivery is pushed back towards end of September.:frusty:

I'm making the deal next Friday so as not to loose any of the rebates. My salesman found another $500 rebate that's good until October and can be used with X plan also.

Here is the link for the $500 offer for anyone buying now. if it doesn't open, copy and paste into your browser and it will there.
http://fordshare.shopigniter.com/post-1/ford_live_final-ford500

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
My 14 is finally out of the plant, but on a broken down train. Delivery is pushed back towards end of September.:frusty:

I'm making the deal next Friday so as not to loose any of the rebates. My salesman found another $500 rebate that's good until October and can be used with X plan also.

Here is the link for the $500 offer for anyone buying now. if it doesn't open, copy and paste into your browser and it will there.
I qualified for that offer back in Feb 13 on my 2013. I know it's hard waiting especially when you order, mine had just arrived off the truck and ironically, was exactly what I wanted. A 13 GT premium 401a, security, upgraded 19" wheels, reverse camera/sensors, A6. Now I have a BBR 93 tune, cai, LCA's, Boss 302 grille, GT 500 rear spoiler, hood struts, blacked out fogs and hood vents.

TrueyBandz15

Threads
Reaction score

How did you order yours? From the ford site? And how'd you get the site to honor the xplan if you did? Thx

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Manufacturers rarely go backwards these days. Its performance will top the s197 no doubt.
$$$$ ultimately determines performance in the end. I would be very surpised if the S550 weighs 200 pounds less in V8 form. Even so, that's not much.

OP
OP

crazyfastfreddy

200 pounds isn't much? Bro enjoy your 14 it's a great car but 200 pounds lighter that is slimmer and more aero will perform much better. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise
Sponsored