Sponsored

If you end up hating the 2015?

If you end up hating the 2015 Mustang, do you....

• Keep your current car

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Buy a 2013-14 Mustang (or another model year)

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Shop elsewhere (non-Ford)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Other (suicide, rioting, death threats, etc... explain)

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

TaurusSHO

Threads
Reaction score
I've heard that the new Mustang will be 15 inches shorter so if true the chances of me liking it are slim. I won't be in the market for a new car for at least five years (getting a Town Car next year), so I'll probably end up with a Taurus SHO as long as I like it.

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe or keep my 11 gt.

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Yeah if I didn't like the 2015 mustang I would wait a year and see what the redesigned Genesis Coupe and WRX look like. I also may wait to see if Toyota will up the power on the FR-S. I like all of those cars pretty well in their present form, but I would like to see some improvements.

Sponsored

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
Yeah if I didn't like the 2015 mustang I would wait a year and see what the redesigned Genesis Coupe and WRX look like. I also may wait to see if Toyota will up the power on the FR-S. I like all of those cars pretty well in their present form, but I would like to see some improvements.
http://www.2014genesis.com/

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've gotta say that if the 2015 turns out to be fugly then when it comes time to trade my 2011 I would probably abandon the brand altogether. I'm really only interested in a RWD or possibly and AWD sports car so if I don't like the Mustang I'd be forced to look elsewhere like the new Camaro in 2016 or the new Challenger or Cuda whatever the hell they are gonna call it BUT I find it hard to imagine they will really screw up the looks, from what the insiders are saying it's going to be awesome and uniquely Mustang so we'll see.

OP
OP

stangray11

You serious? This is your 7th mustang and you would abandon the brand if you don't like it.... Id assume you must have owned a variety of Mustangs... Fox, SN95, New Edge etc.

You must be used to the big changes every generation... no?

I've been waiting for the 15 for a while now. I'm about ready for them to inject some new creativity in their designs. It's been a long time coming.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm going to snag a 2014 GT500 while I still can.

Sponsored

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You serious? This is your 7th mustang and you would abandon the brand if you don't like it.... Id assume you must have owned a variety of Mustangs... Fox, SN95, New Edge etc.

You must be used to the big changes every generation... no?

I've been waiting for the 15 for a while now. I'm about ready for them to inject some new creativity in their designs. It's been a long time coming.
Well IF I didn't like the way it looks then yes, no point in buying something if you don't like it, but I doubt that's gonna be the case.

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
I've heard that the new Mustang will be 15 inches shorter so if true the chances of me liking it are slim. I won't be in the market for a new car for at least five years (getting a Town Car next year), so I'll probably end up with a Taurus SHO as long as I like it.
The smaller size of the 15 is what made me decide on the 14.

BTW, I saw on Yahoo that the 14 GT500 is likely to be a future collectable.

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
I'll be keeping my Terminator regardless to be my "mod toy", but most likely I'll be picking up a 50th Anniv GT 'vert to have as a cruiser. If offered in the first year I'll see if the wife will allow me a GT350, but to be honest I think a well equipped GT will do just fine.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I have owned a 65,66,87,95,06,11 and now a 13 Boss,I think unless they really screw it up I will buy one in the future.

Weight loss and smaller dimensions don't bother me,the view of what makes it a mustang may be going (think probe V2.0 or Fusion coupe) scares me

I would really like coupe/fastback body styles to return

OP
OP

Prodigy

Yea I'm with you Boss.

They have to do something really bad to make me skip the whole 6th gen. Even when the SN95 first came out I hated it but then picked up a New Edge before finally switching to my current one ('08).

I dont think I would consider some Evos or even Fusion styling to be bad to that level either.

It would have to be real ugly plus no weight loss, no real power gain, $3-4K more, cramped interior, halogens, no sequential tail lights..... Maybe a few of those mistakes would do it for me.
Sponsored