Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
They are both now unfortunately
Higher price doesn't equal higher end. Cheap leather, lots of cheap plastic, older tech and poor fit and finish means it isn't higher end. For a fully loaded GT without PP you're looking at $53k ish(sticker), that doesn't get much these days, hence the bang for the buck. The price isn't going up because quality or value is going up, it's completely because of the devaluation of the dollar.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
They are both now unfortunately
You can still buy a new Mustang GT (non-PP) for mid $40kā€™s, so no itā€™s not a high end car. Even $50k for the GTPP is not considered high end by any stretch.

On a separate note, I just noticed that Ford is now charging for colors other than Shadow Black, Oxford White, Iconic Silver and Carbonized Gray. WTF is that about?? I know in the past thereā€™s been a few colors that came with surcharges, but 75% of the colors now have a surcharge. Come on Ford.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Higher price doesn't equal higher end. Cheap leather, lots of cheap plastic, older tech and poor fit and finish means it isn't higher end. For a fully loaded GT without PP you're looking at $53k ish(sticker), that doesn't get much these days, hence the bang for the buck. The price isn't going up because quality or value is going up, it's completely because of the devaluation of the dollar.
Even at $50k, thatā€™s not considered high end by any stretch. Maybe 20 years ago.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. My comment is that just a few years ago 50k got you a lot more than a mustang. No dispute that itā€™s not on a fit and finish level of a Porsche.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Exactly. My comment is that just a few years ago 50k got you a lot more than a mustang. No dispute that itā€™s not on a fit and finish level of a Porsche.
Probably more than just a few years back but I get what youā€™re saying. I just caution looking just at price, these days in particular, as itā€™s just not what weā€™re used to seeing and it came on quicker than normal. Heck, you can buy a loaded up Kia for just as much as a base GT (or more) and the fit/finish isnā€™t any better on those IMO. So I think now more than ever you have to look at the total package. Yeah, lots of plastics and panel gaps and whatnot, BUT a 450+ hp (depending on S550 or S650), big American V8 that sounds glorious and is no slouch stock or with minor mods. Given all that, I personally still feel itā€™s a good bang for buck purchase. Iā€™m sure others donā€™t and thatā€™s fine.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Probably more than just a few years back but I get what youā€™re saying. I just caution looking just at price, these days in particular, as itā€™s just not what weā€™re used to seeing and it came on quicker than normal. Heck, you can buy a loaded up Kia for just as much as a base GT (or more) and the fit/finish isnā€™t any better on those IMO. So I think now more than ever you have to look at the total package. Yeah, lots of plastics and panel gaps and whatnot, BUT a 450+ hp (depending on S550 or S650), big American V8 that sounds glorious and is no slouch stock or with minor mods. Given all that, I personally still feel itā€™s a good bang for buck purchase. Iā€™m sure others donā€™t and thatā€™s fine.
Yes, thatā€™s why I got my car over the bmw I was cross shopping or waiting for the new dodge charger that is set to start at 60k. I looked at a Kia stinger awd that was 50k and said f that, I can get a V8 Mustang and keep my current charger awd for less than that.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
you can buy a loaded up Kia for just as much as a base GT (or more) and the fit/finish isnā€™t any better on those IMO.
Emmm, it's a bit embarassing, but build, fit and finish on kia/hyundai is much better than fords šŸ˜¬
I have both, so I can compare side by side over a period of time. I spend time under both of these cars, and look at it not just from interior materials perspective.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Emmm, it's a bit embarassing, but build, fit and finish on kia/hyundai is much better than fords šŸ˜¬
I have both, so I can compare side by side over a period of time. I spend time under both of these cars, and look at it not just from interior materials perspective.
Sadly, I have to agree with you ā€¦

Iā€™m in a similar position to you when it comes to comparisons - We have two ā€˜modernā€™ (letā€™s not drag the older stuff into this) daily driver Kiaā€™s in the household, and more in the extended family.

Yes, some of the plastics and the way that they implement options are ā€˜cheapā€™ but the fit and finish of those items surpasses the stang, and letā€™s not talk about panel fitment ā€¦

WD :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interesting. I had a Hyundai Sonata for a while when I had a long commute for work and just wanted something cheap to put a lot of miles on. Maybe theyā€™ve improved (I owned mine from 2014-2020, bought new 2013 MY that was a leftover) but mine was a total piece of $hit. It was part of the massive engine recall that I didnā€™t get notice of until it was too late (my engine seized up without warning in the middle of the interstate during rush hour, they did replace it under warranty but it took 4 months to get the engine), the seats were comfy but the rest of the interior was fairly cheap (my expectations werenā€™t high given the price so thatā€™s fine), the trans solenoid went out three times, the doors and hood started developing rust when I traded it in (about 6 years old and I maintain all of my cars well) and the power mirrors stopped working out of nowhere. Among other little issues here and there. I swore off Kia/Hyundai after that experience so I havenā€™t so much as even sat in one since January 2020 (my sister just bought a Kia minivan, I refuse to ride in it LOL).

Hopefully youā€™re having a better experience with yours. Some of the newer designs are eye catching, but Iā€™ll never buy one again.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Even at $50k, thatā€™s not considered high end by any stretch. Maybe 20 years ago.
the car isn't high end but ford tried to go up market and can't manufacture a quality car to match the price point. its a shitty attempt to go up market which is why this is probably my last mustang for a long time.

at a glance it looks that way and even on closer inspection it passes but day to day it fails pretty hard. i love the car, dont get me wrong, for what i paid it was great but i was way under msrp for mine because i treat car buying like a bloodsport... but for the 50K they said this car is worth? plus taxes? plus ttl? HAHAHA. F that.

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Maybe theyā€™ve improved
The new ones are amazing

Hopefully youā€™re having a better experience with yours.
I have an N car and I am completely blown away with it's capabilities on track, as well as amount of fun per dollar it gives on the street. Sure, there are some cheap plastics here and there, but the quality of the build is great, the tech implementation is the best I've seen so far across the similar price range (ford has no idea how to do software), and the attention to detail where it matters in an enthusiast sport sedan - you'd see that this car was created by people who understand and care.

The dealership experience is still sh!t, but please tel me that ford ones are amazing šŸ˜„. As much as I love the stang, my Hyundai is just built better.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I can't believe this PILE OF JUNK has been selling since 1964!

Quick everyone go buy a Kia/Hyundai Junk for a superior experience.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
The new ones are amazing

I have an N car and I am completely blown away with it's capabilities on track, as well as amount of fun per dollar it gives on the street. Sure, there are some cheap plastics here and there, but the quality of the build is great, the tech implementation is the best I've seen so far across the similar price range (ford has no idea how to do software), and the attention to detail where it matters in an enthusiast sport sedan - you'd see that this car was created by people who understand and care.

The dealership experience is still sh!t, but please tel me that ford ones are amazing šŸ˜„. As much as I love the stang, my Hyundai is just built better.
Hyundai N is a Pile of Junk mate. Just the sound alone should make you send it off a cliff.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The new ones are amazing

Good to hear that theyā€™ve improved and that youā€™re happy with yours. They are sleek looking cars, I just donā€™t think I could ever talk myself into another one. Iā€™m too scarred from my last experience I guess LOL.

Oddly enough, the dealer group that owns my local Ford dealer also owns the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis dealerships across the street. I used to service my Sonata at the Hyundai dealership and the dealer experience wasā€¦lacking. The Ford dealership on the other hand is top notch and I recommend them to anyone that asks (sometimes even if they donā€™t ask šŸ¤­). Funny how you have the same ownership and two vastly different experiences (and thereā€™s still plenty of complaints about the Hyundai dealer to this day).
Sponsored