Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Yes the 997.2 engine is now bore scoring as well. Porsche still won’t repair PDK and make you get a new one. Then again my first 350 needed a new engine at 6k miles due to oil consumption. So it can be a crap shoot for any manufacturer.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Yes the 997.2 engine is now bore scoring as well. Porsche still won’t repair PDK and make you get a new one. Then again my first 350 needed a new engine at 6k miles due to oil consumption. So it can be a crap shoot for any manufacturer.
I believe the only way to avoid both issues is to buy a 2018 or newer 991.2, which has a different engine and upgraded PDK. Unfortunately, you can't find one under $100k.

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I believe the only way to avoid both issues is to buy a 2018 or newer 991.2, which has a different engine and upgraded PDK. Unfortunately, you can't find one under $100k.
My buddy has a 2019 Turbo S and it’s probably THE car I’d give up all of my current six cylinder cars/truck for. If there’s one car to do everything you could want on the daily while having world class performance without fail, that is it. It plays the part of your lazy ex wife on the way to the grocery store just as well as your girlfriend jamming off to the department stores.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My buddy has a 2019 Turbo S and it’s probably THE car I’d give up all of my current six cylinder cars/truck for. If there’s one car to do everything you could want on the daily while having world class performance without fail, that is it. It plays the part of your lazy ex wife on the way to the grocery store just as well as your girlfriend jamming off to the department stores.
I would have bought a 991.1 Turbo, as it has a different engine than the one that suffers bore scoring, as well as additional PDK cooling, which is the main cause of limit switch failure. But they cost more than a 991.2 C2S, even though they are 6 years older, so still exceeds my budget by a lot.

My other choice would have been a 2014 or newer Audi R8 Spyder. I found one that fit my budget, but I was too late... somebody else got it first. So, I bought a BMW. It actually performs better than my 997.2, has a lot more tech features, is a lot less fussy and has a warranty.

Last edited:

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Iam a super Ford Fan for sure. Love the Raptor's / Still looking for my right EG GT500 / and the Darkhorse, my ordered was canceled. So since Ford takes forever and play games, i decided to step out of my comfort zone and purchase another vehicle for marketing. Now, maybe you didnt drive the right Porsche, but now owning a Porsche its a nice f&$@ing whip. Just lowered it, put some wheels on it, and have Intakes and exhaust on order. i would have to say this car has taken over the GT500 urge for me.

992 GTS

Velgen Porsche GTS.jpeg

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Iam a super Ford Fan for sure. Love the Raptor's / Still looking for my right EG GT500 / and the Darkhorse, my ordered was canceled. So since Ford takes forever and play games, i decided to step out of my comfort zone and purchase another vehicle for marketing. Now, maybe you didnt drive the right Porsche, but now owning a Porsche its a nice f&$@ing whip. Just lowered it, put some wheels on it, and have Intakes and exhaust on order. i would have to say this car has taken over the GT500 urge for me.

992 GTS

Velgen Porsche GTS.jpeg
That is a sweet Porsche! I am huge Mustang fan but I must admit I would enjoy to add a nice Porsche to my collection.

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
Boxster/Cayman w/that 4l Flat 6 and a manual are the Porsches I want, everything else besides a Carrera GT or Yellowbird aren't worth it (Although a Manual Cayenne would have shock value)

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I’ll be impressed when a modern Mustang or any new car can last as long as my old car. Otherwise use and enjoy them as they all come.
Is that a wrap on your GT4? PTS? I know they offered it in a pretty bold green, but I don't think it was quite that bright, plus that has a bit of a satin look... either way, beautiful. Wish they had some kinda green available from the factory when I ordered mine.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
and you are not in Wankerville with your S 550 either!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Boxster/Cayman w/that 4l Flat 6 and a manual are the Porsches I want, everything else besides a Carrera GT or Yellowbird aren't worth it (Although a Manual Cayenne would have shock value)
I have the blessing of driving a 718 GTS 4.0 on track it's super fun and very capable car I can say it drives better than the Mustang however the owner drove the Mustang for 2 sessions and he enjoyed it more also the lap time difference was less than 1 second in favour of the Cayman. But still the owner decided to sell it and bought a BMW M4 xDrive. So the Cayman is not for everyone. I can say that this was the only car I have driven that actually drives like a go-kart even lifting inside rear tire on some corners. It's insane fun if you do a lot of go-karts and in the case of the owner a lot of frustration if you don't.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
why cant you just be happy for the guy when he's not driving around in a honda element and happy as can be in a honda civic Si coupe? if he's excited about the sound it makes, and that he's tuning it up to make it faster or look more appealing, then just be happy for that bro.
Just because you brought up the Element... A car that no one in their right mind finds attractive :p

There was an Element at the stip one night. First run they line him up against a Hellcat and you could just feel the groans coming out of the spectators. "Ohhhhh... This oughta be good" was the general consensus with a sprinkle of laughter for good measure.

Third yellow that Hellcat has a 0.02 reaction time and the Element takes off slowly and bogs the launch.. At the this point the Hellcat is a bit past the 60' and then the Element finally hooks up and then squats and barks all 4 tires.. With very little noise compared to the Hellcat it begins to run down and pass the Dodge a bit before the 8th mile. It then proceeds to run a 10.1 @ 140!!! The Hellcat manages to squeak out a 10.5 @ 129. I don't think I've heard a test n tune crowd cheer so loud in my life. The best part was the announcer being like "wait.. What kind of car was that in the Bud Light Lane?!?!?! Where are my Tech Cards!?!?!"

The Element had a turbo charged K20 in it and was AWD. It was a spectacularly ugly car, but damn... Hell of a sleeper.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is that a wrap on your GT4? PTS? I know they offered it in a pretty bold green, but I don't think it was quite that bright, plus that has a bit of a satin look... either way, beautiful. Wish they had some kinda green available from the factory when I ordered mine.

No wrap. Stock finish. it's called Python Green.
Sponsored