Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Your use of selfie stick needs more practice. But can you imagine trying to keep all 74 rivets clean?
I was trying to capture up my skirt for you … :giggle:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The Porsche looks nice and has the cachet, but as soon as I started the engine I was like wtf, the exhaust had ZERO rumble.

it felt a bit more nimble, but the s550 with IRS is no slouch at handling either.

didn’t feel like it was any faster than my mustang.

I always thought Porsche 911 would be my dream car some day, but now I’ve changed my mind.

honestly at this point I’d rather have a c8 at half the price. I drove a c8 last year and it definitely felt how I expected it to. The Porsche was a disappointment.
I went to a Porsche dealer back in the day before I bought my first (2017) Mustang. We started a Cayman that cost 60% more than the Stang and I was immediately over it. Just sounded horrible. I think Porsches can be better than GTs and Shelbys but you're looking at quite the expensive Porsche at that point.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They seem like soulless, precision instruments, designed to do a job, and they do that job extremely well.
The same could be said of us engineers with German lineage. :wink:

A couple of years ago I was toying with buying a Cayman GTS 4.0, since it was within the realm of affordability. Still want that Turbo S though. I built one online yesterday, which basically killed that dream: just under a quarter mil. Well beyond my pay grade. But if I sold all my existing toys....

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I went to a Porsche dealer back in the day before I bought my first (2017) Mustang. We started a Cayman that cost 60% more than the Stang and I was immediately over it. Just sounded horrible. I think Porsches can be better than GTs and Shelbys but you're looking at quite the expensive Porsche at that point.
Must have been a 4 cylinders turbo
The wail of my flat 6 a few inches from my ears at high rpm’s is second to none

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Buying any cars, including Porsche, for the cachet that it bring, basically for it’s status symbols, say more about the owner own insecurity than the quality or performance of the car
You should only buy a Porsche if you appreciate and value amazing precision in handling, steering feel, and very high quality engineering
If you’re more of a drag racer, other cars will suit you better for cheaper

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Must have been a 4 cylinders turbo
Maybe. I'll check out the flat 6.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Well... it is second to a scream of a V10 or V12 few inches from the ears :giggle: . I still remember driving in a convertible Gallardo. The sounds that V10 was making could be categorized as socially inappropriate. Couldn't care less about the performance numbers or the quality of interior build in that moment, that car is still my all time favorite.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
The Porsche looks nice and has the cachet, but as soon as I started the engine I was like wtf, the exhaust had ZERO rumble.

it felt a bit more nimble, but the s550 with IRS is no slouch at handling either.

didn’t feel like it was any faster than my mustang.

I always thought Porsche 911 would be my dream car some day, but now I’ve changed my mind.

honestly at this point I’d rather have a c8 at half the price. I drove a c8 last year and it definitely felt how I expected it to. The Porsche was a disappointment.
this is just... silly. right now as i wait for ford to fix the chassis issue in my car or buy it back i find myself looking at 911's... again. if they can't fix the car i'll be moving on to another platform. why? because you're wrong. the s550 is great, for a mustang, but ford needs to sort out the rear by finding a better balance between their NVH and stability.

on that note, the performance pack mustangs are a RETARDED level of loud. road noise out the yin yang AND the car is heavy as heck. don't get me wrong, i love my car, but a higher end car just shouldn't be this way. I still really hope ford fixes my car because its sexy and fast as hell and the handling has improved substantially with a few tweaks but if i have to get a car and start over I'm going to go up a level or two at this point in my life.

911's are completely different animals. refined, buttery smooth, and just better which shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
this is just... silly. right now as i wait for ford to fix the chassis issue in my car or buy it back i find myself looking at 911's... again. if they can't fix the car i'll be moving on to another platform. why? because you're wrong. the s550 is great, for a mustang, but ford needs to sort out the rear by finding a better balance between their NVH and stability.

on that note, the performance pack mustangs are a RETARDED level of loud. road noise out the yin yang AND the car is heavy as heck. don't get me wrong, i love my car, but a higher end car just shouldn't be this way. I still really hope ford fixes my car because its sexy and fast as hell and the handling has improved substantially with a few tweaks but if i have to get a car and start over I'm going to go up a level or two at this point in my life.

911's are completely different animals. refined, buttery smooth, and just better which shouldn't be a shock to anyone.
Sound like you got a lemon. My PP1 with supersports is damn quiet on the road with the exhaust in quiet mode. And I have an aftermarket shifter bracket that adds a little noise even covered in dynamat.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Sound like you got a lemon. My PP1 with supersports is damn quiet on the road with the exhaust in quiet mode. And I have an aftermarket shifter bracket that adds a little noise even covered in dynamat.
maybe so. could be the pzero's, too.

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Maybe. I'll check out the flat 6.
On mine it was pretty tame until I did the over axle pipe replacement and stopped the valves in the rear box from closing under 4 k rpm’s. It’s pretty rowdy now. Nowhere near as crazy as the 17 GT I had with the Roush exhaust, but more than enough to get the juices flowing when you wind it out to redline.

I will agree with another poster that a good v10 or v12 has extra nice sounds, but those are typically in much more expensive cars.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
maybe so. could be the pzero's, too.
Yeah ditch the PZeros asap. My April ‘22 pzeros are hard as a rock. Actually just yesterday I put them back on the car to see if I could burn some tread off them and spare my Michelins until it warmed up more but they were horrible, noisy, vibrated, and had no grip. I immediately went home and swapped the Michelins back on.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I attended a 2-day racing school with Porsche 10 years ago and it was a blast. Drove many of them around the track (boxer, 911, Panamera) and on the strip/cross (Macan, Cayman GT3).

The Cayman GT3, what a blast it was! Had active exhaust too, lane launching, no lift shift, rev matching, etc.

The instructor fast lap in the 911 was an eye opener for me, only equalled to the Mach1 TrackAttack instructor lap that I got 10 years later.

I place the Mach1 right in the middle between a 911 and a Cayman GT3. If money was no issue, I would hesitate between the Mach1 and the 911, but would not think twice about picking up the Cayman GT3.

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium

But, these aren't higher end cars. They are bang for the buck cars.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
The same could be said of us engineers with German lineage. :wink:

A couple of years ago I was toying with buying a Cayman GTS 4.0, since it was within the realm of affordability. Still want that Turbo S though. I built one online yesterday, which basically killed that dream: just under a quarter mil. Well beyond my pay grade. But if I sold all my existing toys....
Years ago I helped a guy who raced 944's in the firestone firehawk series. He told me he would never drive a Porsche daily..Body side molding on the 944 was something like $500 and this was in the mid 80's.
He did a brake job on a 911 Turbo and showed me the parts list. Was crazy expensive.

He had to have the owner come test drive it, said his insurance wasn't high enough if he were to wreck it..But said the car was wicked fast and scared him and he had raced over 200 mph at Daytona.
Sponsored