Reactions: ssb

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Two stars ayy. If that's not a reason to cancel orders I don't know what is after all safety should be paramount.

Reactions: ssb

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT

Mustang76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black GT
Wouldn't matter if it had 10 star rating as i will probably be going that fast that the car and me could fit in a standard size grave (will be easier than them trying to hose me out of it)

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Two stars ayy. If that's not a reason to cancel orders I don't know what is after all safety should be paramount.

We should all hand our cars back and cancel orders.

In fact all cars on the road that don't have safety assist should be crushed.:p

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
I'm just going to paste my now standard response on social media for everyone tagging me in articles about this. It is actually quite frustrating.

The car is not "unsafe"... It received a 2 star overall rating under the new rating system. It received 4 stars for its actual crash performance, however the way the scoring works is that the overall score is based on the lowest single category score. It received 2 stars for crash avoidance technology because it essentially doesn't have any (blind spot alert, lane keep assist, automatic city braking, etc). Just like 95%+ of other vehicles on the road.

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think we are just going to have to come to terms with the fact the Mustang has gone into full blow tall-poppy mode.

When it was first announced and even after its initial release, the response from the media was overwhelmingly positive. It averaged around 8/10 in reviews and the general consensus was it was very well priced.

Fast forward 1 year and I would argue its the most talked about and most popular car on the roads today. The response I get when im out and about is out of this world, and ive driven everything including a Lambo Gallardo Superleggera.

Like everything/everyone that becomes popular, its time to cut it down. I noticed this started a month or so ago when the rag, otherwise known as the Fairfax The Age had an article about the most disappointing cars of 2016. More than half of the 5-6 commentators listed the Mustang as most disappointing car of 2016. G T F O!

EuroNCAP and their cousins are using the Mustang as click-bait to promote their deceptive crash testing regime and the media are eating it up because it fits in with the narrative that the Mustang must be brought down a peg or two.

We just have to accept that its now cool to bash the Mustang publicly. The feedback I get out on the roads would suggest its the most interesting car to be released in a long time.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Have a look at when that was published. If they redid the test under the current format they applied to the mustang it would have a different result.
Indeed - the 86 is on par with the mustang in terms of safety features, even the new 2017 model of the 86. It would likely have a similar result to the mustang. Perhaps that will be saved up for another media release by ANCAP when the current one dies down.

The weighting in the score given to crash avoidance systems is a bit silly in the sport car category - these drivers are the ones most likely to be paying attention.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
We should all hand our cars back and cancel orders.

In fact all cars on the road that don't have safety assist should be crushed.:p
A lot more dangerous vehicles on the road, hell even a 450k kenworth still comes standard with drum brakes, airbags are an optional extra (and stupid expensive at that)

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
.....The car is not "unsafe"... It received a 2 star overall rating under the new rating system. It received 4 stars for its actual crash performance, however the way the scoring works is that the overall score is based on the lowest single category score. It received 2 stars for crash avoidance technology because it essentially doesn't have any (blind spot alert, lane keep assist, automatic city braking, etc). Just like 95%+ of other vehicles on the road.
Too right Josh_TypeX. The actual crash test data is very good, apart from the rear passenger area, which is not very likely to see passengers or child restraints 95% of the time.

ANCAP used a high profile car to bring attention to the organisation that is losing relevance due to there being no locally built cars to test soon. Once Australia fully adopts Euro NCAP then ANCAP will be redundant.

It seems ANCAP must have just changed the goalposts in the last few months because both the Mazda MX-5 and Toyota 86 seem to be missing most of the safety assist technology, yet both get 5 stars. Indeed the MX-5 driver’s head hit the A-pillar, then the steering wheel through the airbag:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.ancap.c...0cc689411f7df289df27c/original.pdf?1464759357

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.ancap.c...8b3d962b2ec232083bc3f/original.pdf?1416970487

Oh well, it is interesting that the Australian sport of 'Ford Bashing' is not restricted to just the automotive media.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It received 2 stars for crash avoidance technology because it essentially doesn't have any (blind spot alert, lane keep assist, automatic city braking, etc)
No competent driver should need any of these features.

The Mustang has essentially been marked down because it doesn't cater for the mediocre.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
The crazy thing is that if the safety assist technologies were OPTIONAL, yes OPTIONAL, the whole model gets the score for all the OPTIONAL features.

WTF ? this system is flawed, what a crock !!!

By all means score the safety technologies, but score the vehicle with those when they are STANDARD !!!

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
It seems ANCAP must have just changed the goalposts in the last few months because both the Mazda MX-5 and Toyota 86 seem to be missing most of the safety assist technology, yet both get 5 stars. Indeed the MX-5 driver’s head hit the A-pillar, then the steering wheel through the airbag:
ANCAP has changed the goal posts... every year. If it was tested when it was first released, it would have been a 4 star.

That's the whole stupidity of all this publicity.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
ANCAP has changed the goal posts... every year. If it was tested when it was first released, it would have been a 4 star.

That's the whole stupidity of all this publicity.
ANCAP is irrelevant, ditch ANCAP and use EURO or NHTSA.

Euro is the same as ANCAP so use that (as in this test).
Sponsored