How to set my car up for raceing

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
I have a '15 convertible, LTH, NO CATS, H-PIPE, STEEDA CLOSED BOX INTAKE, 87MM THROTTLE BODY, 3.15 GEAR, and tuned by Rob Shoemaker about 480hp do I run it with the traction control on or off and why or why not have 265/35r20 tires
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
What type of racing? Not very good size of tires for any type of racing for starters.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Drag, autocross, wheel to wheel? Is it caged? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes lots of differences and being a vert you'll have track challenges for safety you will have to deal with too. For road courses, HPDE you'll have to have a roll bar, most other events same.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
1/4 street
So no prep good ol Mexico runs? You definitely want better tires for starters. A little more meat. 20s not the best for drags & although there is a lot of people that do still drag in 20s, you want your rears to have a wider grip.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
1/4 street
Just a small piece of advice - when you do your "raceing" thing, aim for a crowd, that is the ticket to become youtube star. If there is a lamp post as well, it's a guaranteed win. If it's a strike, nobody cares what width of tire you have or who tuned your air filter.