2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
This thread:
FnF-Heist.jpg

Based on the nature of the question and the contents of the trailer I think OP is younger than the first movie.

Seriously though:
1) Don't hurt anyone, better yet, keep it on the track
2) Your tires don't matter because your gear is too tall

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
This thread:
FnF-Heist.jpg

Based on the nature of the question and the contents of the trailer I think OP is younger than the first movie.

Seriously though:
1) Don't hurt anyone, better yet, keep it on the track
2) Your tires don't matter because your gear is too tall
Ugh, I forget how old these movies are. Reminds me how ancient I'm getting

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
There's a lot of kidding and some serious comments but to the OP. This forum of Mustang folks are pretty serious when it comes to dangerous things in Mustangs like street racing. I'm going to say there are many who had done something like it once or twice. Beat out some ricer at a light or such. Yet when it comes to seriously dangerous street racing it's not condoned or encouraged here. I get it that going to a track is expensive but the cost in lives lost, families broken from deaths, life altering injuries, cars wrecked, jail time it just isn't something that folks joke about here. I'd hope you consider a legal way to enjoy your Mustang and you'll find all the support and help you could ever want here.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
OP,
A 265 tire - traction control protocol for ya 👇

On the track of course 🙈!

Unlike this Fwd Russian Lada, ya may need to remap the throttle % w/Forescan, to use this technique, should you accept the challenge 😆 .

Edit: rumor has the driver replaced the stk trans w/ MT82D4,
but most here will soon realize that was clearly obvious.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
There's a lot of kidding and some serious comments but to the OP. This forum of Mustang folks are pretty serious when it comes to dangerous things in Mustangs like street racing. I'm going to say there are many who had done something like it once or twice. Beat out some ricer at a light or such. Yet when it comes to seriously dangerous street racing it's not condoned or encouraged here. I get it that going to a track is expensive but the cost in lives lost, families broken from deaths, life altering injuries, cars wrecked, jail time it just isn't something that folks joke about here. I'd hope you consider a legal way to enjoy your Mustang and you'll find all the support and help you could ever want here.

When I was in High School we raced regularly, daily, and organized weekly. This was back when in NY your registration WAS your title (pink slip). That said, unless it was the impromptu at a traffic light, we always picked places with NO houses, no cross roads, etc. We had a 4 mile stretch of highway that was dead straight, no exits, not even an overpass. That's how I learned my Buick Electra 225 could drain 1/4 tank in 4 miles ;-) That sucker had almost 500 foot pounds of torque, and a backseat that was very popular with the ladies, but it got horrible MPG. I sold it and bought a Cutlass 442. had that car for 5 years till I started driving Euro Trash..............

I still LOVE to drive fast, but hate to see people race in populated or highly trafficked areas or roads bugs the living daylights out of me.

But circling back to the OP (if you are still reading) Your biggest issue for any serious showing is the tall Final Drive and 20" tires. You are not going to do well at anything.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
When I was in High School we raced regularly, daily, and organized weekly. This was back when in NY your registration WAS your title (pink slip). That said, unless it was the impromptu at a traffic light, we always picked places with NO houses, no cross roads, etc. We had a 4 mile stretch of highway that was dead straight, no exits, not even an overpass. That's how I learned my Buick Electra 225 could drain 1/4 tank in 4 miles ;-) That sucker had almost 500 foot pounds of torque, and a backseat that was very popular with the ladies, but it got horrible MPG. I sold it and bought a Cutlass 442. had that car for 5 years till I started driving Euro Trash..............

I still LOVE to drive fast, but hate to see people race in populated or highly trafficked areas or roads bugs the living daylights out of me.

But circling back to the OP (if you are still reading) Your biggest issue for any serious showing is the tall Final Drive and 20" tires. You are not going to do well at anything.
Buick Electra 255!!!!! My Dad had one when we were kids, later I um "inherited" it. Was a bit rusty, vinyl roof peeling but whoa Daddy! Hit the gas with that 4 barrel carb and that 445 Wildcat engine and it hauled ass even with 6 people in it. LOL His has all the options it was a '66 with positrac rear, AC, biggest engine, trunk could fit 5 bodies (NJ edition) an alla dat! I sold it to one of my sons friends for a $1 in the 90's for his car club.

fwiw on the racing, I get it that way out seems safer but I'm still a fan of doing it on a sanctioned track with all their EMS and fire safety in place.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
You will definitely want to add a bunch of sponsor decals to the car for all that added horsepower while racing.

Also comes in handy when at the grocery store.

1705337506921.png
I love those stickers, but I thought you had to be into Japanese cars and tuners to "get it". :D

I'm seeing spoofs of
NOS
Alpine
Brembo
GReddy
Momo
HKS
Pirelli

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
It depends on your skill at launching. If you can do it better without, run without. If you can't then run with.

Try both and see which is faster.
And one good way to try both is Test and Tune Night at a drag strip, where you get a time slip for each run.

...and why or why not have 265/35r20 tires
Because of rotating mass and inertia. If all you're going to do is drag racing, you should go for the smallest wheel diameter that fits over your brakes.
The tires you propose also have a short sidewall that might be bad for your launch.

If you decide you want to try cornering (e.g. autocross or HPDE) then Ford seems to have decided 19" wheels get you the right amount of sidewall. The GT350, GT-PP2 and Mach 1 all came with 19s.

Last edited:

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I love those stickers, but I thought you had to be into Japanese cars and tuners to "get it". :D

I'm seeing spoofs of
NOS
Alpine
Brembo
GReddy
Momo
HKS
Pirelli

You are correct my good man, only Japanese tuners are eligible for the real sponsorship version.

That is why 'Merica gets this grocery list sponsorship. 🤣

Gut tested, spouse approved (so they don't have to go get something you forgot to buy for dinner).

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Buick Electra 255!!!!! My Dad had one when we were kids, later I um "inherited" it. Was a bit rusty, vinyl roof peeling but whoa Daddy! Hit the gas with that 4 barrel carb and that 445 Wildcat engine and it hauled ass even with 6 people in it. LOL His has all the options it was a '66 with positrac rear, AC, biggest engine, trunk could fit 5 bodies (NJ edition) an alla dat! I sold it to one of my sons friends for a $1 in the 90's for his car club.

fwiw on the racing, I get it that way out seems safer but I'm still a fan of doing it on a sanctioned track with all their EMS and fire safety in place.
Yeah, the Electra was amazing. Could pile 6 in the back and 3-4 in the front, and the car had so much power, it made no difference in how it pulled. Could always easily spin and smoke the rear tires. It was a great summer/beach car for loading a ton of people and gear. It was a Coupe and in that light gold color.

I couldn't afford to race it often and it HAD to be in a straight line only, lol, but when I did it was fun, especially with the top of the air cleaner turned upside down to make more noise.

Not the car, but pretty much what it looked like.

1967-buick-electra-225.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Step 1 probably should be to sell the convertible and buy a hardtop.

I would also suggest an older solid rear axle Mustang for straight line stuff.
Sponsored