Sponsored

how much is your insurance ?

hglaber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
Damn dude, did you shop around? .
Probably, but he shopped around in MI, which has the highest rates in the nation last I checked.

Even if you take the exact same person, with the exact same car, and put them in statistically identical neighborhoods, you can't compare auto insurance rates across state lines. For example, one reason MI is so expensive is our policies are required by law to include unlimited personal injury protection (including 3 years' lost wages). In FL, you are only required by law to carry 10,000 in personal injury coverage. So for those trying to compare rates based on coverage XXX/YYY/ZZZ, to compare to Michigan you'd have to request quotes for unlimited/unlimited/ZZZ. Hold the phone away from your ear in tort states so the raucous laughter doesn't induce severe hearing loss.

On the other hand, tell someone in VT what you pay, and HE will ask YOU if you bothered to shop around, since his is so much cheaper.
Sponsored

Swagthony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
450 a month for full coverage but I'm 18 so i guess its not that bad. How are you guys getting such cheap insurance??? I use state farm

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
I'll be at $107/month. 26 with no dings on my driving record.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
450 a month for full coverage but I'm 18 so i guess its not that bad. How are you guys getting such cheap insurance??? I use state farm
How on earth can you afford $450/mo insurance and probably that much of a payment alone, every month?!

Helps to be in with the family plan/multiple driver discounts. Also not being under 25 helps, and having a good driving record will help too

Sponsored

pokkus

Threads
Reaction score
How are you guys getting such cheap insurance???
I have Progressive and I participated their SnapShot program. After 5 months I got full discount (30%). SnapShot dropped my 6 months policy price from $680 to $500.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
uhhhh..... 450 A MONTH!?

I don't care how old you are... that's fucking crazy.

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Progressive is telling me about $180 a month

1-not at fault accident
1-speeding ticket 3yrs ago (traffic school)
My neighborhoods not the best in Los Angeles near long beach

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Damn dude, did you shop around? I love the people on here that say State Farm and Allstate are cheap... Those 2 companies were more than double what I pay through Geico.

I was just paying $140/month for 2 cars with full coverage and a $250 deductible.
Move to Wayne County bro... watch your insurance triple.

Plus, Michigan is No Fault.. You have to maintain FULL COVERAGE on any new loan, or lien.

julzfrmpgh

Member of Mustang Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
I shopped around with a lot of companies and the best I got was $145/month Full Coverage w/$250 deductible with GEICO, but that is for my current Challenger 2010 S/E. 1 Speeding Ticket two years ago (1 year left till it falls off my record). I'm getting a lot of quotes for the GT that’ll be delivered sometime in December, and the best I am seeing is roughly 180/month w/$500 Deductible. I will continue to shop around, and a few things will be cleaned up on my credit soon, so that should help to lower it. Don't know if most people on here knows this, but insurance is based on a lot of things, but one of the things that weighs the most, beside age, is credit. It sucks, but if you have good credit, you'll probably be paying a lot less than those who have mediocre to bad credit. Clean your credit up and your insurance will go down!:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
uhhhh..... 450 A MONTH!?

I don't care how old you are... that's fucking crazy.
Reality of being a young male.

I had basically minimum coverage when I was 18 - paid about $350/mo for insurance with State Farm and that was on my mother's policy so I got some discounts there.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0

I had basically minimum coverage when I was 18 - paid about $350/mo for insurance with State Farm and that was on my mother's policy so I got some discounts there.
I paid $345 a month for my v6 at first. then i graduated college and it went down 200 dollars

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

I never paid anywhere near that. (I was 18 six years ago)

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I never paid anywhere near that. (I was 18 six years ago)
Lucky you. This was 8 years ago for me. It was more than my car payment for my 06 Impala LTZ.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
What you will be paying for your auto insurance on the 2015 Mustang will all depend on where you live and where the Car is garaged. The Coverage you choose, your particular Insurance Company, Driving Record, Age etc. Whether you have a Fastback/Coupe or a Convertible makes a difference. A Base V6 Convertible is a lot less costly to insure then a GT V8 no matter what all the other factors are too.
Sponsored