Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang for?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I hope to keep mine indefinitely, but the longevity of all the electronics has me a little concerned.

However, it's a fair weather toy that never sits outside, so that should help....
Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I've been trading cars every 2 years lately, just traded a 2015 SUV on a 2017, but I'm probably going to keep this car longer than that. I don't like the 2018 front end at all so it's not an option. Probably will wait and see what the S650 looks like and has for power, but have also been thinking I might unload it in a couple of years and get a dedicated track day car. Too many variables right now and when in that situation it's best to do nothing.

OP
OP

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Update: Thought I was going to keep this car for roughly 10 years. Unfortunately, this car has been in the shop three times (for three separate issues) since I bought it two months ago. Top confidence-breaking "reliability" with poor service from the dealership, and I may say eff it and step into a Civic coupe touring.

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This makes me kinda sad..
I bought my GT new in '15 and mildly modded it - it has been a great car with no issues at all.. I just bought a new "toy" and should probably sell my GT (who needs two car payments?!).. I just sat down and make a "For Sale" ad and almost started crying.. It's not the the money in up-grades that bothers me but now it's just such a great driver.. This is a real problem for me....just depressed..

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I bought my GT new in '15 and mildly modded it - it has been a great car with no issues at all.. I just bought a new "toy" and should probably sell my GT (who needs two car payments?!).. I just sat down and make a "For Sale" ad and almost started crying.. It's not the the money in up-grades that bothers me but now it's just such a great driver.. This is a real problem for me....just depressed..
You're suppose to do whatever makes you happy and selling it is not. So keep it or find a way to have more money for 2 cars

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I'm with a few others in the thread. Going for a used corvette C7 when the prices are more in my range

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
I'm hoping to keep it at least 3-4 years. I get bored with cars pretty fast. My previous car was a G37 that I kept for 3 years and that was the longest I've kept a car.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sell both and put money in market and buy a lambo in 10 years?
Toy and payments in same sentence sounds rough.
Just balance back to same amount to IRA as goes to toys. You will feel much happier tracking a chump car or lemons car and saving by DD a used 40k mile Accord. Toys aint toys if they are stressing you out.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Right now the plan is until the 2021 Mustang is out, depending on if I like what they offer. Although I had my first child 6 months ago, so by that time there may be another and a Mustang will be a pain the ass to deal with. At least 6 years from when I bought it though (Got it August 2015).

MattZx10r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
honestly....... forever. with how the future is panning out with all the electric and self driving technology, in 50 years i want it to be the loud v8 beast in the garage that me and my grandkids can take to "classic" car shows on the weekends.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Plan on keeping mine forever :headbang::thumbsup:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
2020-2021 and then the '16 will go to my dad ;)

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
At least 10 years for my 2018 GT (ordering when my dealer allows it). After that, I will buy the electric car equivalent that will surely be available by then.
Sponsored