Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang for?

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on keeping my '18 for a long time or until it has to many problems. But my '13 V6 Premium has only had one problem for me. It has never left me stranded knock on wood.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just curious to see how long each forum member plans on keeping their cars for.
Indefinitely. Even if I was to buy an S550 tomorrow.

I used to live - literally - a stone's throw from Mariners Museum Park.

Norm

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I have a 15' GT/PP and I am happy with it, I never thought about how long I'd keep it...but if I had the funds I would go into a GT 350 ASAP...:D

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'll have had mine for 2 years this October. It still feels pretty new to me, I don't commute, and tend to only drive this car when it's nice outside, so I get to generally have good driving experiences with it (vs. trudging through traffic 5 days a week ...)

Since I enjoy modding, I can do that at an interval that also makes the car feel totally fresh every several months. That's one reason I don't just dump all the money into mods up front, I _enjoy_ spacing them out, researching, waiting for good deals.

I don't have a real target for how long I keep cars. Generally after about 4-5 years, I've probably done everything I wanted to do in the aftermarket, so between that and owning the same thing for that duration, the car starts getting a little stale. I tend to buy 1-2 years into a new model, so given the typical model cycle, that usually puts me right at a new model at the point where I'm a little bored.

Not sure about the next car, I may go a totally different direction. I had a bunch of two seaters that didn't get used when the three of were out, so the Mustang was a great way to keep a fun car that could double up as a "short range family car" (we have a 4Runner too for a real family hauler). Our little G is still small enough where the back seats are reasonably comfortable, but I'm not sure if another 3 years of growth spurts will keep it that way :D

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
No plans on getting rid of it currently...owned for about 9mo now and still makes me smile and giggle and I have only started to mod it. Looking forward to many more years of fun.

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
This is a forever car for me. I'm sure down the line I will get something else to daily with 4 doors and more practicality.

I think the S550's design will age very well and still look great 10-20-30 years down the line.
Agree

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I've had a few issues with my EB was thinking about trading it in for a GT premium next year but I feel like Ford priced me out of a 2018 GT and back into a EB.. I can't see spending 36k on a car slower than a Focus RS. So I'm not sure what do now..

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
IF its a problem free car I'll drive it until the GD wheels fall off

if its questionable, ill trade it for something else when I have the equity

Car is nicely enough optioned to be comfortable for a while, long as it holds up. That, and I just dont see 435hp getting old for a very long time haha

Last edited:

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
I'll probably keep it and give it to my baby boy when he is old enough to drive. The only thing is that they may have all electric cars by then, lol

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I plan on getting out of mine when they put some good rebates and financing out for a new Tacoma. Too bad that will never happen.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
A looooooong time. New car that I last purchaused I still have as my daily driver (2002 Acura RSX Type S). Such a great car thats versatile and great on gas, I have zero reason to get rid of it. The Mustang will probably be around for quite some time as I special ordered it, so it has more sentimental value now.

Ruby15GT

Ruby15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
15 years as a DD, then race car after that or give it to the kid, who is 3 currently. In 15 years I will likely get a Shelby of some sort, maybe a GT350 or GT500 of the current era. I will see what is being made at that time as well. I wouldn't write off a classic like a '65 fastback either.
Sponsored