evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
The letter was so unprofessional. I'm so glad that I didn't give my money to them.

Boomba still has an opportunity to correct all this. The cost of a new shifter is nothing compared to suing you and the business they are losing. If they take you to court it would be a very costly mistake.
That letter was very unprofessional and flat out unaware of the associated cost of litigating something. The only people that win in litigation are the attorneys. Boomba, your cost of the shifter is probably around $120 to $140. Just sending him another shifter would have costed you so much less than all of the loss business from this thread. Also, many people here are most likely members on other forums. Example, I have been a member on NASIOC and EvolutionM for the past 12 years. Someone could easily post a link to this thread to any forum.
Sponsored

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
More than just that. The customer decided to make an exception to a policy that works when followed, but USPS agreed to this exception and further complicated the matter.
Your vendor screwed up. The vendor you hired to perform a service, not your customer.

Boomba needs to send another part with a different shipping company, and continue their battle with USPS. Or simply refund all of his money, and continue to fight USPS. USPS is the real issue here, but whoever hired them on their behalf has to take that responsibility with it. Unfortunately. Because I know in the end Boomba didn't do anything wrong, except choosing the wrong shipping company and not having the proper T&C's in place. Business lesson learned.

Suggestion - if you don't want to pay for insurance of the goods let the clients know, we ship at your own risk or something like that or offer them the option to purchase insurance.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

Respectable forum vendors like AmericanMuscle, Lethal, BeefCake, CJPony, Steeda etc. would of handled this the right way the first time.
Thank you for sharing this with us OP.
I'm just here because I like popcorn. In all seriousness we're a pretty close knit bunch of companies and have put a lot of time in on the forums. Myself along with the aforementioned are always here and around to help. Nothing but love for everyone here.

Alex

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't care about the he said she said, bit if those quotes were true and really sent from the boomba president, they should be blacklisted on this forum and other forums should be notified as well.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I really thought boomba was a better company than this. Thats ashame. I remember when they started out selling stuff for srt4 neons if i recall correctly.

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
[MENTION=13099]phunk[/MENTION] .... wow

glad there is an ignore list. i would say a lot more but there are forum rules about what you can say about someone so I won't go in depth and leave it at that.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Woah damn shame.... I just joined the Mustang Club here in North Carolina that meets in the Conn's parking lot. About 30~ is or so members choose Boomba as this months group buy. We were getting group buy pricing for about 12 shifters according to the organizer. I don't drive a EB but it was nice to see those guys getting a break since last month we got lots of stuff for the NA guys from Adams.

I texted the group this thread on the group and 9 of 12 backed out. They all work like me all day long and their Stangs are Daily Drivers. To hear this is how Boomba deals with an issue like this they didn't want to risk it as stuff would get left at their house and get stolen or something. The general consensus was that were choosing not to go with them until their business practices change. Damn shame really. I had great respect for them...

fucked up thing is that threads like these get archived.. if many of you are like my.... i type [COMPANY NAME] sucks in google before ordering to make sure and this would have turned me CLEAN away.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
I am the founder of Houston S550s, over 250 members now with active monthly meets, and I can say that due to this thread / boombas response I will show any local member wanting any of boombas product this thread.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
OP has Boomba stated that they're still working on appeals for this with USPS. Or that they were done all together with the matter?

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I will say Boomba lost a lot more than the 300 going forward.

They should have refunded the customer immediately.

The customer IS always right.

RiseUpBears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just fight it with your credit card. I mean I don't get why you guys get in the back and forth with unscrupulous sellers that have 0 integrity. Leave it to the CC thats why they offer the protection.
Just read the entire thread. I don't get why people like you interject themselves into the conversation, and make themselves look ignorant with 0 intelligence. Leave it to those that have done their homework in order to protect themselves from looking foolish.

The short of it: He didn't use a CC. Paypal was the method of payment, and they would not help him, so he closed his account.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Just read the entire thread. I don't get why people like you interject themselves into the conversation, and make themselves look ignorant with 0 intelligence. Leave it to those that have done their homework in order to protect themselves from looking foolish.

The short of it: He didn't use a CC. Paypal was the method of payment, and they would not help him, so he closed his account.
You can still dispute the charge with your bank. I have done it before in regards to paypal being completely worthless. BofA got my money back within 3 days.

RiseUpBears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Oh. Excuse me Mr. Intellectual!
I wouldn't go so far as to refer to childish mockery as "intellectual". That being said, I will still accept your compliment.

I have a daily jackassery (<-- totally not a word) quota to meet, and decided to try and hit it in one fell swoop. I think I nailed it.

RiseUpBears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
By the way. If he used a Paypal account most likely he had an attached CC in Paypal which Paypal uses to proceed with the sale. If Paypal didn't help him and indeed he used a CC THROUGH Paypal he can take the issue through the CC. There you go Mr. Smarty pants.
He did not have a CC linked (apparently purchasing things on credit is not for him), but did have a bank account linked, and possibly a debit card. (No need to speculate, as this was all covered previously in this thread.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.