Help planning speaker upgrade - 2021 GTCS

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Thank you for the additional info on the DSP item. I dove in some more last night regarding the factory set up and have the forscan tool in my cart. I'll work on figuring that out tonight.

Question
1. If i unplug the center and tweets and replace the Door 3.5s and 6.5s, read deck 6.5s in the same ohm, would that keep everything playing nice for the factory wiring? I read a thread where the OP used some kicker speakers that were in stock range and apparently he was happy with results.
Hi. Which forscan tool did you buy? Do you have the forscan software to use with your data link box?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
So I kept going back and forth on this. Today I called them and they gave me a heck of a deal. I asked what they could do for a military discount on the open box and the salesperson said they could offer me an even better deal on a new off-the-shelf Vx1000/1i for $899. I said sold and for giggles what would you do on the last Vx800/8i and he said if you want it, it's yours for $1399. I couldn't say no. Thanks for pushing me back in their direction. :)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This is what happens when a simple speaker upgrade gets out of hand.

Audio Build.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I have to give thanks to Cathul, Evolvd, Stangtime, and all the others that have shared their knowledge for helping to finally assemble the items. I still have to buy a second distro block for the amp location and a spool of 100 ft of wire.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Prymetime1

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Thats some nice equipment, looking forward to your build and seeing how it all goes together.

I'll second the thanks to forum/members for such robust information.

Lots of inspiration from this crowd!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have to give thanks to Cathul, Evolvd, Stangtime, and all the others that have shared their knowledge for helping to finally assemble the items. I still have to buy a second distro block for the amp location and a spool of 100 ft of wire.
I recommend Knukonceptz for those items. I have a pair of their distro blocks for my build and their wire is pretty nice. If you’re running individual wires for each channel you may want to consider a non-jacketed one as they make a huge bundle when tan together. Also, it’s hard to tell from your picture but are you running an OEM integration harness?

I blame you mostly :)
That’s ok I blame Cathul and Stangtime since they gave me a bunch of knowledge as well 🤣

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I am using:

PAC AmpPro AP4-FD21

PAC AmpPro TOS1

PAC AmpPro APH-FD01 Speaker wiring harness

Metra Ethereal MHX T6 Optical cable

The speaker wire is as you noted to finish the run form the APH-FD01 as it is only 10 feet long and to run wire from the tweeters to the amp.

I ordered the wire and distro block from Install gear. I've heard of Knukonceptz but didn't think of them when ordering.

PAC Audio returned my call where I inquired as to the gauge wires they use in the FD01. He stated all their stuff uses 20 gauge for speakers, 18 gauge for data and 16 or 18 gauge for power. He had to call the design team to get the answer.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I am using:

PAC AmpPro AP4-FD21

PAC AmpPro TOS1

PAC AmpPro APH-FD01 Speaker wiring harness

Metra Ethereal MHX T6 Optical cable

The speaker wire is as you noted to finish the run form the APH-FD01 as it is only 10 feet long and to run wire from the tweeters to the amp.

I ordered the wire and distro block from Install gear. I've heard of Knukonceptz but didn't think of them when ordering.

PAC Audio returned my call where I inquired as to the gauge wires they use in the FD01. He stated all their stuff uses 20 gauge for speakers, 18 gauge for data and 16 or 18 gauge for power. He had to call the design team to get the answer.
Good deal, was just curious why you ordered 100 feet of wire but I’m guess you bought a spool?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
lol I know, way too much wire. I am sure I will find something to do with the rest, one of these years. The funny thing is I've ordered the wire twice and it keeps getting lost by USPS when it goes through the Charlotte terminal.

Good deal, was just curious why you ordered 100 feet of wire but I’m guess you bought a spool?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
lol I know, way too much wire. I am sure I will find something to do with the rest, one of these years. The funny thing is I've ordered the wire twice and it keeps getting lost by USPS when it goes through the Charlotte terminal.
I ended up using some leftover JL audio 18 gauge I’ve held onto for years in my build. The twisted pair wired I got from Knukonceptz had a super thick jacket and I needed something thinner to run up into the A-pillars and I came across the leftover wires…I knew I wasn’t hoarder for no reason lol

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Amp Rack is in and now time to get to the wiring.

Amp Rack Complete 1.jpg

Amp Rack Complete 2.jpg

goldenpants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Premium 201a Performance Pack (Ruby Red)
posting here to get some input, please excuse if you are seeing this again if you saw this in another thread:
Just curious, would it be beneficial if I upgraded my 9 speaker system by replacing the 2 front door 6.5 woofers with some kicker KS and changing the 3.5 midranges to kicker KS’s as well? I heard that in the 9 speaker setup the 6.5’s in the door just play bass and the midrange + A pillar tweeter do the rest. So theoretically the kickers should sound alot better than stock even with stock amp? Also one of my 6.5s broke so when I moved the sound balance to the front right it confirmed that the speaker just plays bass because it sounded fine but without the bass of course.

(I chose the kicker KS for the door woofer because it seemed to be one of the better bass-y 6.5 speakers and I get a pretty good discount on it)

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Actually the midbass drivers are the better drivers in the stock system. If you really want to replace them I would ditch the stock amp and go full Nelson on DSP and amp.
Sponsored

Last edited: