Sponsored

Help planning speaker upgrade - 2021 GTCS

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
@Evolvd. What harness/'s did you use for the integration, PAC Audio, Rockford Fosgate, etc? Did you happen to use the PAC Amp Pro APH-FD01 speaker harness to tie into the stock speaker wiring or did you run new wires from each speaker to the amps? Thanks
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
@Evolvd. What harness/'s did you use for the integration, PAC Audio, Rockford Fosgate, etc? Did you happen to use the PAC Amp Pro APH-FD01 speaker harness to tie into the stock speaker wiring or did you run new wires from each speaker to the amps? Thanks
You are correct, I used the PAC Amp Pro and their harness. The harness is only 10 feet long so I had to add an extra 60” or so to route them to the trunk they way I wanted to. No biggie though, I used solder butt connectors and only picked up .1 ohm of resistance (as indicated by my ohm meter, could be less but it only reads in 1/10ths of an ohm)
I was originally going to use the Maestro AF-02 but it’s a short pigtail. The PAC harness comes as a set and one of them is a plug with wired resistors built in to fool the amp into thinking it’s still connected to everything preventing any canbus issues or faults.
The only speakers I ran new wiring to were the rear coaxials and front tweeters due to how the stock system is wired in parallel to the 3.5” midranges.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks. That is how I planned to do it also. What was the reason for new wire to the rear coaxials?

You are correct, I used the PAC Amp Pro and their harness. The harness is only 10 feet long so I had to add an extra 60” or so to route them to the trunk they way I wanted to. No biggie though, I used solder butt connectors and only picked up .1 ohm of resistance (as indicated by my ohm meter, could be less but it only reads in 1/10ths of an ohm)
I was originally going to use the Maestro AF-02 but it’s a short pigtail. The PAC harness comes as a set and one of them is a plug with wired resistors built in to fool the amp into thinking it’s still connected to everything preventing any canbus issues or faults.
The only speakers I ran new wiring to were the rear coaxials and front tweeters due to how the stock system is wired in parallel to the 3.5” midranges.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks. That is how I planned to do it also. What was the reason for new wire to the rear coaxials?
I’m going active with my DSP amps so I needed to wire the coaxials separately as 4 different speakers instead of one pair . I could have used the stock wiring but since they are in the area of where my amps would be I figured might as well do a direct wire instead of having an overall 30’ length of speaker wire from the trunk to the harness adapter in the kick panel and then back to the trunk again.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Got you. Thanks.

I’m going active with my DSP amps so I needed to wire the coaxials separately as 4 different speakers instead of one pair . I could have used the stock wiring but since they are in the area of where my amps would be I figured might as well do a direct wire instead of having an overall 30’ length of speaker wire from the trunk to the harness adapter in the kick panel and then back to the trunk again.

Sponsored

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
Hi All,
Been reading and trying to learn about the factory sound system but need some help. A lot of what I am reading is more high tech than I think I need or maybe just more than what I am used to. I've installed plenty of systems but this all older school - head units-RCAs-AMPS-Speaker stuff.

That being said, I've already added an amp and 12 sub in the trunk. Added the bass that was lacking from factory. happy with that portion but after a few months of use, I am hearing popping in cabin when volume is up 19+. under that level its really not to noticeable. BTW-its the 9 speaker set up, not the B&O. I started to look at replacement speakers but wanted to feedback as to what works and what doesn't. I figured a speaker replacement / upgrade would fix the noise I'm hearing. I'm not looking for a competition set up, just a middle of the road upgrade that would clean up the sound a bit more.

That being said, i was looking at the infinite reference series speakers, 6.5 for doors and rear deck, 3.5 for the mids and center and a set up tweeters. never used infinite speakers but i remember ppl raved about them back in the day, they still good?

I've used Apline type S speakers before and really liked the way they sounded. I've also used some higher end pioneer components that had good sound.

Is there anything that just works better for our cars?

TIA !
How did you add the amp to the car or where did you tap in for the signal ? I just picked a 2022 GT PP! with the 9 speaker system but I cant find anything that's plug and play to add my amp and subs. Did you also defeat the factory EQ?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How did you add the amp to the car or where did you tap in for the signal ? I just picked a 2022 GT PP! with the 9 speaker system but I cant find anything that's plug and play to add my amp and subs. Did you also defeat the factory EQ?
There’s a huge pinned post plus many others in this forum that will answer these questions for ya.

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
There’s a huge pinned post plus many others in this forum that will answer these questions for ya.
I have seen several of the posts , But I have not found one for a 2022 GT. I have been looking online for a Harness but I cant find one for my car. I am trying to find out if my 9 speaker system is compatible with a plug and play harness. I am not sure if its the same as the harness for say the 2020,2021 models.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Crutchfield said it would not work with my 9 speaker system. I had that in my 2019 with the B&O stereo .

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if your system has the Sony amp or not. Like I said many things haven't been updated to say 2022, so that could be the reason Crutchfield says it doesn't work. They say the PAC Amp Pro APH-FD01 wiring harness doesn't work for the 2019-2021 B&O systems but guess what PAC Amp says and many people uses...yep the harness that Crutchfield says doesn't work. You can call PAC Audio and see what they say. I am willing to bet if people are using it for 2017-2021, it would work for yours also. Crutchfield is a great company but let's face it, some things take awhile to update.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Easy way to check it. Look at your amp and see if it says Sony. If it does, then it should/might work. If it doesn't then Crutchfield is right.

Crutchfield said it would not work with my 9 speaker system. I had that in my 2019 with the B&O stereo .

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I will check in the morning . I appreciate the help.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Easy way to check it. Look at your amp and see if it says Sony. If it does, then it should/might work. If it doesn't then Crutchfield is right.
He has the 9 speaker, not the B&O set. Thr FD01 will it work for his setup. He needs the iDatink AR-AF03
I will check in the morning . I appreciate the help.
As I said earlier, there are specific threads that will answer all your questions such as this one: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...premium-audio-systems-no-loc-required.159271/
There’s no indication ford has changed anything in the 22MY and there’s no reason they would have.
Sponsored