Sponsored

Have you bought stuff and now not in a hurry to fit?

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After receiving my GT about a month ago, I have not felt like fitting,
Side scoops, spoiler, US lower Grille, US rear deck as I am just liking it as it is.:headbonk:
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Thats exactly why I never went on a parts spree before getting mine. I wanted to see it, drive it and then decide what I really needed / wanted. Its easy to get lost in the forum world with everyones mods and convincing yourself you'll need it too. After having mine since June, Im only now deciding I want to go down the exhaust route...... Nothing crazy loud, just a touring system for my tastes

Fieldsey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=14891]IngoStang[/MENTION] My thoughts are exactly the same as you. Picked mine up at the start of June and wanted to go n buy heaps of parts but then waited. I love my Muzy how it is but would like to now do a Cat back Borla exhaust just to make it a little louder.

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Same thoughts here, wait until I have driven for a few months then decide what mods would suit a daily drive. Looking at CAI and exhaust options.
Only changes so far are blue interior lights and blue logo mats in cup holders and tray in front of gear shift. Trying to keep the blue theme throughout.
Part way through the Gnome Spare purchase as well.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I was advised to wait 3 months before making any decisions on whether to go for mods. Glad I did as at one time I was tempted to buy a number of things that I am now happy I didn't.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yep.

I have a US decklid panel which I'll probably now not be fitting, a ClicOn mobile phone bracket/holder and a set of clip on mud flaps that I can't quite bring myself to fit. All unopened in packaging.

Keep an eye on the Classified section if interested.

:thumbsup:

Will also be listing my NSW standard sized front/rear Lakin brackets (with Kingpin covers) that were on my car for a total of four months.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I bought quite a lot of parts prior to my car landing, I only sold a few of them but I have kept and installed the majority

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Another thing to consider is the exhaust became louder for me around 1000km in (mainly on start-up and idle/low revs) - so worth waiting to see if that becomes "loud enough" for you.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Drewbo,
How much you want for the US decklid? Email me at [email protected] if you're interested in selling it.

Cheers
Richard

mwhite1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
HOS Competition Orange V8 Manual Mustang GT
(QLD) Part 20" Lexani rims and Nitto Invo tyres

Bought the tyres and mags to put on the car, colour coded them too, put tredwear lettering and changed my mind about them - want to do a Shelby upgrade now. Will sell the mags if anyone is interested.

Sponsored

white880

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby super snake 2017
Bought the tyres and mags to put on the car, colour coded them too, put tredwear lettering and changed my mind about them - want to do a Shelby upgrade now. Will sell the mags if anyone is interested.
mate i am a mwhite as well and i am doing a shelby supersnake upgrade. was just at the factory and the noise from the exhaust of a supersnake is like nothing i have ever heard before. it was crazy and made the basic gt sound like a tesla

OP
OP
BT's GT

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Another thing to consider is the exhaust became louder for me around 1000km in (mainly on start-up and idle/low revs) - so worth waiting to see if that becomes "loud enough" for you.
Yeah I am really happy with the stock sound, just looking at an X-pipe to open up exhaust. Long trips with load exhaust would just piss me off. Have 2000klms on the clock, but haven't really noticed a difference.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hahah as soon as I got mine I started modding, I can't help myself. As this wasn't my first car I was going to mod I already knew what I liked and what worked so just went for it - definitely no regrets!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Long trips with load exhaust would just piss me off
Get one that doesn't drone and there's no problem at all...mine is pretty much the loudest and it's barely louder than stock on the highway

mwhite1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
HOS Competition Orange V8 Manual Mustang GT
mate i am a mwhite as well and i am doing a shelby supersnake upgrade. was just at the factory and the noise from the exhaust of a supersnake is like nothing i have ever heard before. it was crazy and made the basic gt sound like a tesla

Yes I wanted to do that too... Want to have a look before jumping in much like you did... Mine is CO, what colour is yours?

Cheers
Mark
Sponsored