GTD application halted

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
I think a few of the cars will go to "influencers" but most of the cars are going to FGT and other FP vehicle owners who go to Ford sponsored events, forum rallies and other events that support the Ford brand.

Feels like folks get hung up on the handful of notable "influencers" who got a FGT, but seem to ignore the other 1,000+ cars that are allocated out.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think a few of the cars will go to "influencers" but most of the cars are going to FGT and other FP vehicle owners who go to Ford sponsored events, forum rallies and other events that support the Ford brand.

Feels like folks get hung up on the handful of notable "influencers" who got a FGT, but seem to ignore the other 1,000+ cars that are allocated out.
Good point but I think the number of influencers that get cars will be higher than in the past. Look no further than all of the Ford/FP events the last 12-18 months. The number of “influencers” they have run up on stage, put in front of a microphone, etc. has increased by a pretty large percentage.

Probably a fairly small percentage overall in the grand scheme but those are cars that could otherwise go to loyal Ford/FP owners. I get it from Ford’s perspective but I don’t have to like it

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Probably a fairly small percentage overall in the grand scheme but those are cars that could otherwise go to loyal Ford/FP owners. I get it from Ford’s perspective but I don’t have to like it
Not saying I'm a fan either, but using the FGT as an example, what do you think "influencers" got? 20 cars? 30? Either way its like 2% of the overall production run.

Go to the Ford sponsored events and meet people, be active on the forums and be a voice for the brand and that will help your allocation.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'm only 45. That feels old to me however, I know some here will see me as a youngster. I hope and save for the day when I'll have enough money to be able to consider a purchase of this amount for novelty. When that day comes I stand firmly on the principle I refuse to beg someone to take my money. Whether the money is hard earned, won, or a gift to me. I'll never beg you for the privilege of taking my money. I hope the QC is on the level of a Rolls Royce for the cost of this "FORD!"
I believe anyone who is a well documented member off this forum with the means to afford it should be awarded the opportunity to purchase one these vehicles. ESPECIALLY if you have a history of buying Mustangs and GTs and not flipping them!

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not saying I'm a fan either, but using the FGT as an example, what do you think "influencers" got? 20 cars? 30? Either way its like 2% of the overall production run.

Go to the Ford sponsored events and meet people, be active on the forums and be a voice for the brand and that will help your allocation.
I would be somewhat surprised if these "Influencers" got as many as 20 Ford GT's and especially when the average price for a 2nd Gen Ford GT is ~$600,000, how many of those individuals could even afford them let alone signing a 2-year no sale disclosure?

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
So Ford wants the buyer to not only fork over $300k +, but to do the free advertising for them on you own time and dime. They don't get 'IT'. Those people who do influence this level of car are at races and car shows and other such events. We don't have time for the so-called social media. If anyone is familiar with the mess that was the Ford GT application process, there was one particular applicant (lets call him GT Joseph) who applied. He not had a Ford GT (circa 2004) and not only had a TV show about the cars, but also publishes more than one book on the cars. Everyone who isn't an influencer knew who he was. He got turned down. You can not only guess his reaction, but his withdrawl from the promotion and the cars. Good move, Fraud.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm only 45. That feels old to me however, I know some here will see me as a youngster. I hope and save for the day when I'll have enough money to be able to consider a purchase of this amount for novelty. When that day comes I stand firmly on the principle I refuse to beg someone to take my money. Whether the money is hard earned, won, or a gift to me. I'll never beg you for the privilege of taking my money. I hope the QC is on the level of a Rolls Royce for the cost of this "FORD!"
I believe anyone who is a well documented member off this forum with the means to afford it should be awarded the opportunity to purchase one these vehicles. ESPECIALLY if you have a history of buying Mustangs and GTs and not flipping them!
The GTD will embarrass most anything out there. Compared to the GT500 CFTP, which does a good job of that for the most part, will not be able to hang with the GTD.

A novelty? No, it's the next evolution and this kind of performance is not cheap. It is a tool, an instrument to take Ford to the next level at the track. Look at the GT500 CFTP. It's a monster at a track like Daytona. Now, drop a boat load of weight off the car and give it a 50/50 weight distribution?

Get out of my way. What I could do with that car based upon my experience and the performance of that car.

I just hope Ford puts these cars in the hands of people who can realize that potential. I believe that is the kind of exposure they want. Certainly not to be put in a collection with all of the other cars to collect dust (like I have seen in some of the application videos).

It will be what it will be and there is nothing anyone here can do about it unless you present an application that is agreeable to ford. They don't want these cars to be stored away for the sake of a profit.

Good luck to all in their applications.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The GTD will embarrass most anything out there. Compared to the GT500 CFTP, which does a good job of that for the most part, will not be able to hang with the GTD.

A novelty? No, it's the next evolution and this kind of performance is not cheap. It is a tool, an instument to take Ford to the next level at the track. Look at the GT500 CFTP. It's a monster at a track like Daytona. Now, drop a boat load of weight off the car and give it a 50/50 weight distribution?

Get out of my way. What I could do with that car based upon my experience and the performance of that car.

I just hope Ford puts these cars in the hands of people who can realize that potential. I believe that is the kind of exposure they want. Certainly not to be put in a collection with all of the other cars to collect dust (like I have seen in some of the application videos).

It will be what it will be and there is nothing anyone here can do about it unless you present an application that is agreeable to ford. They don't want these cars to be stored away for the sake of a profit.

I can only imagine the GTD on Daytona. Would be so cool to see

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can only imagine the GTD on Daytona. Would be so cool to see
The Grand Touring Daytona....

It's my home track that I instruct at as well as run with the pros and racers.

Maybe, just maybe.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Grand Touring Daytona....

It's my home track that I instruct at as well as run with the pros and racers.

Maybe, just maybe.
Wishing you and everyone here that applies for one the best. And I agree with your above sentiment, Ford should really want these cars to get in the hands of folks that are going to take them out on track and show others what they can really do. Preserving it for the next 30-50 years is cool and all, especially for my kids’ kids to maybe see, but the vast majority of them should be driven as they were designed. Ford can put a few in a museum for future viewing.

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
This... Larry Holt at Multimatic noted how there was more aero than the GT3 RS and its got significantly more HP. Worth a watch if you havent seen it already.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Wishing you and everyone here that applies for one the best. And I agree with your above sentiment, Ford should really want these cars to get in the hands of folks that are going to take them out on track and show others what they can really do. Preserving it for the next 30-50 years is cool and all, especially for my kids’ kids to maybe see, but the vast majority of them should be driven as they were designed. Ford can put a few in a museum for future viewing.
How do you justify building a car like this for a collection or cars and coffee? The car is purpose built for one thing...... supremacy and embarrassment. What was that quote from Ken miles? "More of that please......."

The folks at Multimatic are some of the best in the biz. Where the GT500 CFTP was short, the GTD will be all that and more.

Order it, check all the boxes, and wait. If given the opportunity, I'd have mine delivered to the Speedway (and I think I can make that happen).

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

A novelty? No, it's the next evolution and this kind of performance is not cheap. It is a tool, an instrument to take Ford to the next level at the track. Look at the GT500 CFTP. It's a monster at a track like Daytona. Now, drop a boat load of weight off the car and give it a 50/50 weight distribution?

I obviously misunderstood this cars purpose. If it's a street/track car, it peaks my curiosity a tad more. Still novelty just as a McLaren to me. I work for a living and even if I cleared seven figures annually, this and other six figure cars are not practical for a daily commute. I live in metro Atlanta and no one with common sense would daily a car that's a quarter mill around here. I'd love to see one of these in action. Unless you live a lifestyle that allows frequent track trips (like yours, I'm so envious and inspired) I can't see this car being practical unless for bragging rights. I don't care if it was one of Ralph Lauren's precious classic Ferraris or Bugattis. If it's a car I'll daily it and drive it like I stole it! That's what they were built for, otherwise the engine and battery should be sold separately!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
The number of “influencers” they have run up on stage, put in front of a microphone, etc.
Yeah, when they dragged crapmode dude on stage for s650 intro, that was the end in my mind.
I hope the QC is on the level of a Rolls Royce for the cost of this "FORD!"
Thanks godfor panel gaps, this car won't be built by Ford.
Sponsored