Sponsored

GTD application halted

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
And what deal is that?
The obvious reality is that without the suitable cred they’re looking for, your chances are likely zero. To argue otherwise is just well, arguing for the sake of it.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I received a letter from Ford to visit www.themustanggtd.com to continue the GTD purchase application process. Unfortunately, since my social media presence is limited to this forum, and had none of my own “Influencer” social media website url pages to enter on their site, my application was halted. Sad that my lack of interest to be a social media influencer is a show-stopper for FoMoCo to consider me for a $325,000 Mustang.

image.jpg
Cracks me up. A mustang regardless does not demand a Lamborghini or ferari price Tag and think selling to influencer will boost their demand. Sad

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Cracks me up. A mustang regardless does not demand a Lamborghini or ferari price Tag and think selling to influencer will boost their demand. Sad
Yeah ok. 🙄

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The obvious reality is that without the suitable cred they’re looking for, your chances are likely zero. To argue otherwise is just well, arguing for the sake of it.
Why so negative as I am not here to argue but merely asked a simple question based on your previous comment?

Is this not a Mustang forum whereby fellow members cannot make comments and cannot have open discussions without calling it arguing?

Maybe you are privy to much more information than the rest of us such as how many GTD's will be built, who the selection committee consists of and exactly what their primary criteria will consist of once all of the GTD applications are in?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's made by Multimatic. It's not a simple ford Mustang. It goes to multimatic and gets chopped up, and reassembled by hand by people who build race cars. The only thing the GTD shares with a Mustang is It's name and a torn down chassis that has been reworked to make all the changes happen.

Ford chose to keep the Mustang name, and I get it. Think of the history behind the Ford Mustang, everything up to now. It's a name that represents something, and Ford is all about history and Brand.

Yea, it's going to be one hell of a Mustang. To put it in perspective, I've been told Ben Treynor is getting one. Ben can afford anything he wants. His car collection is amazing and he doesn't just collect them, he's one hell of a driver. I met him 9 years ago at the first GT350 track attack. An amazing driver and a good guy. I believe he drives Leguna Seca in the 1:24's in one of his Ferraris. Amazing and a perfect fit for the GTD. Go ahead google it (ha).

It's people like him that will have this car, and he deserves it. It's inevitable (and unfortunate) that the California kid will get one as well as stankmode, but that's for exposure. Simply put, it's not an average car for the average masses. I am a believer that its not a cars and coffee trophy and Ford has every right to decide who gets each copy and in what order.

So maybe that puts some light on the GTD. Anyone who wants one should apply. However understand it's not a car for everyone. It's not a daily, it's (IMHO) not a cars and coffee spectacle, but a purpose built car that will put "Mustang" in a whole new category of car on a track.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, but what a clueless statement. The only thing “mustang” about the GTD is the name. Go look at the likes of Merc. , Porsche, Lamborgini, Ferarri, etc. and actually compare the car to theres. Start with the drivetrain. That alone is on another level then most and it just keeps going from there. Even from an objective point of view the GTD once its actually released and starts being put head to head against the likes of the Europeans brands its very safe to say theres going to be some head scratching going on.

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Why bother wasting your time and personal bandwidth?

It may be shown as optional, but come on, we all know what the deal is.
I know multiple people who had no video submission and little to no Instagram /social following that were allocated Ford GTs. What they did do was attend Ford Sponsored events, forum rallies and track their Ford vehicles. Suggesting that a video submission drastically changes your chances of getting allocated a car are just wrong IMO.

I would bet that Ford would prefer to allocate someone who is tracking their Ford or attending a rally many miles away vs someone who can create a clever or unusual 60 second video (setting the "influencer" argument aside).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Purchased my first Ford Pony car ('67 Mercury Cougar) some ~56 years ago but quickly moved over to Mustang but also contemplated a C2 Corvette way back then.

If you recall the 1953 Corvette launched with a 150 HP Blue Flame 6-cylinder engine some 71 years ago and just look where Corvette has evolved to which centers around a 2025 Corvette that encompasses at FPC mid-engine that develops 670 HP and has a redline of 8,500 RPM.

I look at the upcoming 2025 Mustang GTD in much the same manner regarding the evolvement of the 2025 Corvette with Mustang launching in April 1964 with a 260 cubic engine V8 and now with the 2025 GTD coming with a 5.2 L supercharged V8 that is expected to exceed 800 HP.

When looking at the collaboration between the Ford and Multimatic engineers for this new Mustang GTD, the technology built into this new Mustang GTD is astounding.

Coming with key components such as inboard suspension, transaxle, active aero, carbon ceramic brakes, magnesium wheels, extensive use of carbon fiber pieces, titanium exhaust and at least 800 HP, I hope that you would agree that this is no ordinary Mustang therefore commands appropriate pricing?

In spite of all the incredible technology built into the 2025 Ford Mustang GTD and assuming that I may get some seat time in Ford's upcoming Halo car, I will always refer to this new GTD as Mustang but obviously it will be a little quicker, faster and a lot more expensive than my 1965 K-Code 2+2 from back in the day.

What an incredible evolvement for America's favorite Pony Car!

scan0003 (2).jpg

scan (2).jpg

scan0008 (2).jpg

scan0001 (2).jpg

scan0011 (2).jpg

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know multiple people who had no video submission and little to no Instagram /social following that were allocated Ford GTs. What they did do was attend Ford Sponsored events, forum rallies and track their Ford vehicles. Suggesting that a video submission drastically changes your chances of getting allocated a car are just wrong IMO.

I would bet that Ford would prefer to allocate someone who is tracking their Ford or attending a rally many miles away vs someone who can create a clever or unusual 60 second video (setting the "influencer" argument aside).
And Charles, given you have first hand knowledge of non-influencers being allocated GTs, if Ford follows suit perhaps my assumption is completely wrong. Time will tell I suppose. In reality every single statement made on an Internet forum that isn’t known to be a fact should probably be preceded by the words “in my opinion”.

Contrary to PP0001’s “suggestion“ that I have inside information about the selection process, I clearly have none. But to me, it wouldn’t seem logical for the application process to clock you out if you didn’t have a pertinent video to submit unless said video were an awfully important consideration. But I’ve been rightfully accused of thinking in a linear fashion before.

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
WTF. So that means douchebags like StangChode, Stradman and Speed Phenom have a better shot than someone that really cares to have the car. And what I mean by that is “influencers” will show the car on their channels to get likes and views, make money off of it, then once the views stagnate (it always does) they’ll ditch the car for the next best thing. And the level to which some of these influencers will go for views/clicks/whatever drives me absolutely nuts. There’s probably some that are fine but most I won’t give the time of day to, even if they get a GTD. What an absolute waste IMO. Way to eff that one up Ford.

Hopefully some “influencer” like Leno gets one. He’ll do a big episode on his show but will also drive it the way it was meant to be driven and because he truly appreciates the car. Those other dopes only care what it will do for their channels.

Sorry you got cut off the application process for something as stupid as that. Off my soapbox now.
Stangchode 😆 🤣

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ford is on the title as a lien holder is my best guess.
It is my understanding that Ford Performance held the titles for each 2nd Gen Ford GT and would not release the title for these vehicles until the 2-year none sale agreement date had been met.

Once the two year none sale agreement had been met then the title was released to each of the appropriate owners assuming that a financial institution was not involved as many Ford GT owners paid cash for their cars.

Back in 2017 I understand that the 2-year none sale agreement for a 2017 Ford GT was violated therefore suggest that is why the above scenario was put in place with FP now holding all titles.

For those allocated 2015 Shelby GT350/R vehicles, Mark Fields instituted a 3-year none sale agreement and am not aware of any early selling violations with no titles being held by FP at that time.

Going forward I would suggest that Ford may also hold the titles for all 2025 Mustang GTD vehicles assuming that those vehicles will also come with a 2-year none sale agreement?

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’d be real curious to see how that works with respect to the mso at time of registration. The mso generates the title here. If financing is involved that title then goes to whomever that institution is. Other issue I can see is proof of ownership for insurance purchases. If that was the case and Ford actually did hold the title as a lein holder who’s the payeee in the event of a total loss. There’s no way I‘d agree to that if I was a purchaser. I’d gladly sign an agreement for a holding period though. If Ford was doing this as part if the GT allocation some one out there has to have a copy of the contract Ford has purchasers sign.

It is my understanding that Ford Performance held the titles for each 2nd Gen Ford GT and would not release the title for these vehicles until the 2-year none sale agreement date had been met.

Once the two year none sale agreement had been met then the title was released to each of the appropriate owners assuming that a financial institution was not involved as many Ford GT owners paid cash for their cars.

Back in 2017 I understand that the 2-year none sale agreement for a 2017 Ford GT was violated therefore suggest that is why the above scenario was put in place with FP now holding all titles.

For those allocated 2015 Shelby GT350/R vehicles, Mark Fields instituted a 3-year none sale agreement and am not aware of any early selling violations with no titles being held by FP at that time.

Going forward I would suggest that Ford may also hold the titles for all 2025 Mustang GTD vehicles assuming that those vehicles will also come with a 2-year none sale agreement?

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Not true. FGT owners were given the titles and the have a non-financial lien on the titles. This was done in the wake of the John Cena sale (was an understanding that they wouldn't be sold) and he broke that agreement, hence the non-financial liens.
Sponsored