2015 GT Premium PP
The coyote has shown better gains at an 11.8 -12.0 afr
Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The CJ doesn't have the low end that this does, and the power hasn't started falling at 7,300RPM yet. If it's still pulling by 7,800, then this is a better choice than the CJ in performance. The CJ looks cool, but it's not looking like it's going to make more power.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
The CJ doesn't have the low end that this does, and the power hasn't started falling at 7,300RPM yet. If it's still pulling by 7,800, then this is a better choice than the CJ in performance. The CJ looks cool, but it's not looking like it's going to make more power.
exactly!

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Love the power curvers on this. Doesn't lose like the boss manifold did.

Does anyone have a dyno sheet of a Cobra jet manifold on a 15/16 motor. Seen plenty of people doing this swap but haven't noticed or seen any dyno sheets.

Sponsored

w3bb3r04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Yeah on a stock motor the CJ intake may make less power but theres a reason the 5.2 cross plane motor with the CJ intake makes 540+ hp. Ford could have easily put a stock Gt350 intake on. Theres a reason they didn't Im sure. Im not saying the GT350 intake is not a good option for a lot of people but theres a reason Ford chose to use the old CJ intake vs the new GT350 intake on their performance crate engines.

I would definitely love to see this intake with longtubes, cams, and E85 for sure!

S550bluegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt perf pkg m6
Thanks again for putting your money and car on the line to test this out! You kick ass and are now responsible for my bank account getting slammed with an intake and throttle body order! :cheers:

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Very interesting stuff

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I will have to check my AFR next time I get on it. I may just be thinking about when I am driving around normal.

Boosted cars are different than NA though right? My WRX used to sit at 10-9-11.2 when under boost/WOT

14.7 is what most cars aim to be at idle/light throttle etc.

WOT that would be way too lean.

S550bluegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt perf pkg m6
Boosted cars run richer under high loads and throttle because it can do serious harm if it leans out at all. Not only that but boosted engines run cooler from a rich mixture as the fuel helps cool the intake charge, which also helps produce more power. Running closer to lean would make more but is usually too dangerous so it's best to be on the rich side. Look at high boost supras or anything and the exhaust is dark black and they usually have exhaust pop, sign of rich mixture. Lean would produce a golden color on your exhaust tips.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I wish someone would make a cast or aluminum version of this. I doubt itll hold more then 20psi for long. That was the problem with the boss or cj. :( i guess im back to going with the victor II

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I wish someone would make a cast or aluminum version of this. I doubt itll hold more then 20psi for long. That was the problem with the boss or cj. :( i guess im back to going with the victor II
This is the one I'm waiting for as well. If Edelbrock ever releases it!!! I might even be the dyno guinea pig for this one.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
The driveability for the most part is good, lund and i are still going over datalogs to get this spot on for his repository...other than some minute part throttle surge below 3k everywhere else is spot on
Thank you so much for all your efforts in doing this and keeping everybody up to date on your progress since you started this.

I REALLY appreciate your contribution to the community with this mod. When Lund gets the little idiosyncrasies smoothed out you're going to be reassured you made the right decision to go this route. Props!!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
This is the one I'm waiting for as well. If Edelbrock ever releases it!!! I might even be the dyno guinea pig for this one.
I hope you get it before me. I had to push back ordering my 2016. Hopefully in a couple more months i can. It sucks. I bought a bunch of parts during black friday, then had some stufff come up. Ugh.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
We don't get the option of a gt350 down in Australia, so to modify the engine to rev out to 8,000rpm would be amazing, I am definitely interested in this.
Sponsored