MisterGT

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
They have verbally agreed to extend the powertrain warranty to 5 years and 75k miles. Also includes warranty on components attached to engine (A/C, alternator, etc.).

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yours is a R...double ouch. I wouldn't be so worried about a replacement short-block as I would be about who is doing the work. As others have noted, sometimes when a major driveline component is replaced (engine, transmission, etc), the car is just not the same in terms of drivability or NVH. Unless you have a top-notch dealer, their shop focus is likely going to be keeping the man hours low. I'd certainly want to know the experience of the tech(s) doing the work.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
They have verbally agreed to extend the powertrain warranty to 5 years and 75k miles. Also includes warranty on components attached to engine (A/C, alternator, etc.).
My first post on the said it would preserve your VIN, it WON'T... My apologies for the incorrect statement to you and [MENTION=11658]FPCV8YO[/MENTION]...I've edited the comment.

Here is the Ford Parts link for the 5.2 Short Block

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2016&make=Ford&model=Mustang

As for anything verbal, I'd get EVERYTHING in writing.

Good luck again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would dump this car if a Ford tech is to replace the short block and rebuild everything. No way.

If you paid a lot of money for the car, escalate it to Ford

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
No way in hell do I believe they don't have a long block or complete engine. Bullshit. Not only that, in the future if you ever decide to sell it to a car enthusiast that wants a numbers matching car, yours will not meet that anymore.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
It is true...the longblocks are on back order. Which is concerning. However, you can make them put in a longblock, which is what Ford Performance recommends. You'll just have to wait and right now there is no time table on when they are building more long blocks.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
If it were me, and I would have to wait on the long block I would. If you went the short block are they going to Resurface the heads so they will be true for the new short block. It's you car but I know which way I would go on this! :cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Most people don't know about or don't expect (these days) the numbers on the block to match the car...I know I was surprised to hear this. While it might filter out a couple potential buyers in the future - I don't think it's a death sentence for a future sale or value. That said, if it were me, I'd request that whatever replacement engine they sent me, be printed with the correct VIN on it. I'd also explore how long you would need to wait for a long block. I've built a few 4V motors and while they aren't rocket science - there are a bunch of parts...and I'd prefer the heads never be removed from the block (original install).

Sponsored
OP
OP
MisterGT

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
Update time. Engine is replaced and car is back in my care. I've attached the handful of photos I took of the existing engine. I haven't had time to take pictures of the engine bay but I will try once I get her cleaned up.

IMG_0303.JPG

Here you can see the hole in my block where oil was leaking.

IMG_0304.JPG

Here you can see where the two lower bolts that secure the A/C compressor are sheered off.

IMG_0306.JPG

Just a picture of the whole thing, old and new.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Holy hell, this is still going on. I suspect I would be livid. 4 months!!!! I am so sorry you have been through this.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Thanks for posting this update. I did not go back to read the whole thread. Did they offer up a theory as to the reason for the failure?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
What a shoddy looking work area. Tires for engines...that's what I did as a kid. Splitters and misc parts laying on the ground on top of eachother? I'd be double checking the work done here.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
PS, what was your chassis #?...nevermind - title of thread, duh.
Sponsored