Sponsored

good to see so many preorders

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
On the bright side of all this waiting is that the resale value should be excellent. Usually a ford drops half it's value as you drive your new car out of the dealership. Thats because they over produce and have discounts on them constantly....no-one buys one at full retail.
The mustang will be so hard to get that an early delivered car may fetch a few grand above retail for six months or so until they become more available.
So lets get it put it on carsales straight away. Make a profit then buy a batch 2 with sync 3? Haha sounds good
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The mustang will be so hard to get that an early delivered car may fetch a few grand above retail for six months or so until they become more available.
Could probably sell at a significant profit the day following delivery. Have already discussed such a possibility with a fellow forum member.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Could probably sell at a significant profit the day following delivery. Have already discussed such a possibility with a fellow forum member.
IIRC Toyota 86 GTS's were being sold privately after delivery for 45 to 47 K (driveaway was 40K) when the first ones landed, so it's highly likely this kind of thing could happen with the Stang.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just sent the email off this afternoon to the dealer advising sorry the June 2016 date given to me isn't good I have to cancel - please refund deposit. Sad sad day was going to be a good Christmas present if arriving around Dec/Jan but with my lease up it just doesn't make sense to have a 6 month gap.

I'll wait to let you all know if anyone cares what the dealer says but they've already had my deposit for 7 months time to get it back into my pocket and start shopping again.

Top of the lists so far are
New 2015 Ford Ranger
SSV Commodore
WRX Sti Premium

They are the ones the Mrs has confirmed I am allowed to buy :)

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Test drove both the STI and the SSV. Didn't like either one,just didn't have that crazy rush of power. I might just buy a new Kwaka H2, supercharged sportsbike beast, something to entertain myself while I wait.

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Just sent the email off this afternoon to the dealer advising sorry the June 2016 date given to me isn't good I have to cancel - please refund deposit. Sad sad day was going to be a good Christmas present if arriving around Dec/Jan but with my lease up it just doesn't make sense to have a 6 month gap.

I'll wait to let you all know if anyone cares what the dealer says but they've already had my deposit for 7 months time to get it back into my pocket and start shopping again.

Top of the lists so far are
New 2015 Ford Ranger
SSV Commodore
WRX Sti Premium

They are the ones the Mrs has confirmed I am allowed to buy :)
If you are looking at the ss id wait a few months to see of the 6.2 is going in at the end of the year as rumored

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea I sold my two bikes about 8 months ago and have been itching for a new one. Those H2's look pretty insane.

Yes sorry the SSV I am hoping get the 6.2 by Christmas. As mentioned my lease runs out at Xmas so looking for the replacement. If it gets the 6.2 thats going to be an interesting option. Probably take it to the 305-310kw range.

Guess time will tell - as long as ordering one doesn't mean it arrives in June 2016 will be happy

Sponsored
OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Yeah should be good with the 6.2, i just dont like the looknof the vf, loved the ve.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I'm already fed up, this winter is killing me, having no car. No idea really, if I'll wait that long. Depends what other new cars get launched over the next 12 mths.
Cancel the shit dude. I'm going in this weekend.

Already have an amazing replacement lined up. Not as fast, but better looking imo.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Cancel the shit dude. I'm going in this weekend.

Already have an amazing replacement lined up. Not as fast, but better looking imo.
Whats the replacement?

Deano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hey all, new member. Been reading the posts and thought I'd throw my 2cents in. Phoned my dealer today and he confirmed December 2015 delivery. Ordered 10/12/2014

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"