05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hey all, new member. Been reading the posts and thought I'd throw my 2cents in. Phoned my dealer today and he confirmed December 2015 delivery. Ordered 10/12/2014
From what I have heard, Ford Aus HO had to visit every dealership & validate all actual orders that wee placed prior to 31 march 2015. These are in the first delivery. If a customer for what ever reason, doesn't go through with the purchase once the car arrives eg they are too tall, Ford HO reallocate the car to the next in line based on that configuration. The local dealer can not reallocate. It may change for the next round?
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
From what I have heard, Ford Aus HO had to visit every dealership & validate all actual orders that wee placed prior to 31 march 2015. These are in the first delivery. If a customer for what ever reason, doesn't go through with the purchase once the car arrives eg they are too tall, Ford HO reallocate the car to the next in line based on that configuration. The local dealer can not reallocate. It may change for the next round?
Welcome to the forum mate!

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
Right....here's the update I have got:

1) Ford AU has an allocation of 200 odd cars per month from the RHD line once it goes into production
2) First lot of cars will start trickling in in December
3) Dealerships are looking a 2-5 cars a month (depending on size, deposits etc.)
4) Convertibles will not go into production till 2 months after the commencement of production of the fastbacks, thus a best case arrival dates of the convertibles at the dearlerships is going to be in Feb.

With over 2000 preorders, Ford might take 9-10 months to fullfill the orders in the first lot.
I am really pissed about how this is panning out...and the way Ford is managing/not managing this initiative.
I understand Ford AU is small compared to the other markets and I know the market in the US is super hot etc. etc. but u know what Ford's relevance in the Australian market is at stake and non of those markets will bail Ford AU out.

So I reckon the Ford AU executives need to grow a spine, start calling down profit/revenue numbers and put the fear of reality into head office.

The last time I checked the Mustang convertible was the most expensive stock car in Ford Australia's stable. At a time when Ford is struggling to chart a role for itself in Australia, they should be jumping on this opportunity to forge some new relationships and demonstrate true customer focus in Australia. So far that has been an epic fail !!!

Rant over

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Right....here's the update I have got:

1) Ford AU has an allocation of 200 odd cars per month from the RHD line once it goes into production
2) First lot of cars will start trickling in in December
3) Dealerships are looking a 2-5 cars a month (depending on size, deposits etc.)
4) Convertibles will not go into production till 2 months after the commencement of production of the fastbacks, thus a best case arrival dates of the convertibles at the dearlerships is going to be in Feb.

With over 2000 preorders, Ford might take 9-10 months to fullfill the orders in the first lot.
I am really pissed about how this is panning out...and the way Ford is managing/not managing this initiative.
I understand Ford AU is small compared to the other markets and I know the market in the US is super hot etc. etc. but u know what Ford's relevance in the Australian market is at stake and non of those markets will bail Ford AU out.

So I reckon the Ford AU executives need to grow a spine, start calling down profit/revenue numbers and put the fear of reality into head office.

The last time I checked the Mustang convertible was the most expensive stock car in Ford Australia's stable. At a time when Ford is struggling to chart a role for itself in Australia, they should be jumping on this opportunity to forge some new relationships and demonstrate true customer focus in Australia. So far that has been an epic fail !!!

Rant over
Point is that those conversations between ford au and ford na have been had and the response was "we don't care" which sucks for us. May as well order a 2017 now and get it in 3 yrs time :)

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Point is that those conversations between ford au and ford na have been had and the response was "we don't care" which sucks for us. May as well order a 2017 now and get it in 3 yrs time :)
Well there are different ways to skin the cat. Money reigns supreme, I reckon if Ford AU is not getting the love, they start getting that out in the open. Start calling down your forecasts, brand erosion and put out a possible lock out date. I know the last point is a bit dramatic, but the point is it is Ford's relevance which is at stake. They can use technology, bid data analytics etc. to start mapping social, email and internal communication to identify issues festering and take hard facts to HO. As I mentioned, they need to grow a spine !!

Here's my point of view, if we the customers can see Ford AU trying to step up and an engagement with them...and mind u we are just 2000 of us at this moment and Ford can turn this around, they'll start earning respect, and that for Ford will be a good start.

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Well there are different ways to skin the cat. Money reigns supreme, I reckon if Ford AU is not getting the love, they start getting that out in the open. Start calling down your forecasts, brand erosion and put out a possible lock out date. I know the last point is a bit dramatic, but the point is it is Ford's relevance which is at stake. They can use technology, bid data analytics etc. to start mapping social, email and internal communication to identify issues festering and take hard facts to HO. As I mentioned, they need to grow a spine !!

Here's my point of view, if we the customers can see Ford AU trying to step up and an engagement with them...and mind u we are just 2000 of us at this moment and Ford can turn this around, they'll start earning respect, and that for Ford will be a good start.
Would love this to occur. But it won't. I have given up hope and will take my May delivery. Fingers crossed it doesn't blow out again

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I know many people have posted saying words to the effect that "we are only have a few orders compared to UK and europe etc"

I would question that statment - from the posts I have seen on this forum - the UK has not received any more orders that what Austalia has. I belive that they had around about 2000 orders placed with their UK dealers by the end of March 2015 deadline.
The orders for Europe are not for RHD cars as most counties are LHD.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
I know there is a lot of frustration regards the delivery timetable blowing out,but the cars were never going to be here before December any way. An extra 6 months is not too bad.It is just that we have been waiting 12 months already to get to the start line.Still we are going to get the latest and greatest Mustang with a great engine and brake package at a very competitive price.I can wait a bit longer because the alternative 15 months ago was no car at all.We should all be gratefull to Ford for doing the RHD developement and making the car Global at reasonable cost.They would prefer to meet all demand but at present cant.Hopefully they can ramp up production.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
the cars were never going to be here before December any way.
Dude you sound like my dealer rofl... Literally.

If the cars were never going to here by 2015, why make a delivery promise and collect a 2000 dollar deposit?

Sorry, but that's just poor service and flat out dishonesty to get a sale. I'm sure a lot of people will tolerate this kind of stuff, but at the same time many will not.

It sure as hell messes up plans for MANY people that were relying on receiving the car as promised by the end of the year.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
If the cars were never going to here by 2015, why make a delivery promise and collect a 2000 dollar deposit
But who made the delivery promise? I didn't read anywhere where Ford Australia promised 'all cars will be delivered in December'.

If your dealer has promised you that then you should be pissed off at them moreso than Ford.

Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
For those who are interested comparing the number of UK orders to Australia - I found this media article that states that the UK only has 1200 orders.
So I would think Australia would be the largest RHD market - not the UK.

"Already there are 3,800 orders for the new Mustang in Europe, including 1,200 in the UK, which looks like being the major EU market. Ovenden said the 2015 UK allocation was already sold out - largely as a result of his insistence on "supply being one less than demand" - which means that anyone joining the queue now won't see delivery until April 2016."

http://www.just-auto.com/news/finally-fords-mustang-is-official-for-europe_id159347.aspx

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know there is a lot of frustration regards the delivery timetable blowing out,but the cars were never going to be here before December any way. An extra 6 months is not too bad.It is just that we have been waiting 12 months already to get to the start line.Still we are going to get the latest and greatest Mustang with a great engine and brake package at a very competitive price.I can wait a bit longer because the alternative 15 months ago was no car at all.We should all be gratefull to Ford for doing the RHD developement and making the car Global at reasonable cost.They would prefer to meet all demand but at present cant.Hopefully they can ramp up production.
Exactly my point...instead of taking control of their own destiny and manage the customer experience around the most "premium" badges in their stable, Ford has let their dealers screw it up.

If they knew they were going to launch this product, a product that would propel them into a different league and deliver on the new Ford promise, then they should have managed it properly.

Regarding the great global car BS...dont get me started...once again an opportunity lost by Ford. If it was the company I work for, heads would have rolled, cause a Global car implies a similar customer experience globally and they way they have done away with the tribar lights, handbrakes on the wrong side etc...is a disgrace. I would have been fine with these issues had this been a we are trying our best to convert an LHD experience to RHD, but this instead was supposed to be one of their first "Global roll-outs", having to make these compromises in a programme which by definition is looking to standardise the customer experience is just pure incompetence by someone in Ford.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
But who made the delivery promise? I didn't read anywhere where Ford Australia promised 'all cars will be delivered in December'.

If your dealer has promised you that then you should be pissed off at them moreso than Ford.

Pretty sure it was Ford Australia who said deliveries would commence in November 2015 and run through to February 2016.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
To be honest we're checkmate here in Oz and there's not much we can do about it. I wouldn't even blame Ford Oz.

They can sell 13,000 in a month in the USA, and yet they can't send a few thousand our way? It's sounds crazy, but it's also Ford US looking after their own behinds.

The Mustang has direct competitors in the USA, so they don't want to be in a position where someone walks into a showroom in the USA, and walks out because they can't get their Retro Muscle Car within a few weeks.

In Oz, the Mustang doesn't really have any natural competitors - not at that price, not with that heritage. Ford US probably don't care that much because it's been a USDM product for so long.

So it may be a 'global mustang', but USDM sales are in Ford's [selfish] best interest.

I still can't believe they can only cater for us at such a trickle rate though, it's ridiculous.
Sponsored