Good deal: Sport Cup 2s at Walmart

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, stay on it and speak with tier 2 support
Sponsored

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
I'm definitely going to give them a call once the tires come back in stock. I was told there is simply nothing that can be done if they are out of stock. Even when they come back in stock, I have to get them to approve a price adjustment, which is also going to be a challenge. The whole thing frustrates the hell out of me!
I am in the same boat. I have been given three different stories and was told the original price would be honored. I saved all of the screenshots and chat logs they have been sent though tier one and tier two of escalation and the best they are willing to do is 20% off. It seems like Thursday of last week they started giving the same response to anyone who wasn't taken care of. BS, since I also placed my order in the top half of everyone.

Last edited:

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I had to go beyond tier 2 to the supervisor level to get the price adjustment on the 305 mpss tires. He had me order them at the current price and then made an adjustment to change the price to even lower than the original sale price. I have email showing the new price and that shipment has taken place. They should be showing up this week.

My credit card currently shows a pending charge of over $700 for the two tires. I expect that will go away and the actual charge will show. If not I will be back on the phone.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I am in the same boat. I have been given three different stories and was told the original price would be honored. I saved all of the screenshots and chat logs they have been sent though tier one and tier two of escalation and the best they are willing to do isn't 20% off. It seems like Thursday of last week they started giving the same response to anyone who wasn't taken care of. BS, since I also placed my order in the top half of everyone.
I had the same poor treatment by tier 2 twice. Even after being told the adjustment was approved the result was they would do nothing to help. Providing proof that other customers were accommodated all I got was that it should not have happened, it is not policy and nothing can be done. I suppose I could continue to go at them but I’m not that concerned about it. I’d like to get the savings but I do t want to keep wasting time on it, I’ve killed over 90 minutes on this already.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I had to go beyond tier 2 to the supervisor level to get the price adjustment on the 305 mpss tires. He had me order them at the current price and then made an adjustment to change the price to even lower than the original sale price. I have email showing the new price and that shipment has taken place. They should be showing up this week.

My credit card currently shows a pending charge of over $700 for the two tires. I expect that will go away and the actual charge will show. If not I will be back on the phone.
it will take a couple days, but they will adjust it...i was afraid of the same thing

Sponsored

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
The last two mpss tires showed up today, the $700+ pending charge is gone from the credit card but they haven't posted the $258 cost of these two tires as yet.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The last two mpss tires showed up today, the $700+ pending charge is gone from the credit card but they haven't posted the $258 cost of these two tires as yet.
You should get an email within 24-48 hrs.

Adjustment details - Walmart.com
Item Adjustment Reason
Michelin 305/35R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires -$272.01 Finance -> Goodwill
Michelin 305/35R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires -$272.01 Finance -> Goodwill
Total Adjustment: -$544.02

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well, I had to re-order, and Wal Mart mostly came through for me with 305/30/19 Sport Cup 2s at $195/ea. I received the tires, 3 out of 4 were Sport Cups (interestingly, the more spendy and deeper tread 102Y Porsche load rating), and 1 was a PS2 mislabeled as a Sport Cup (also a 102Y). Of course now the tires are not just out of stock, they are "no longer available". Phone customer service says they are getting more in stock and will ship me the right tire when they get them.

I figure the worst case now is I return the 1 wrong tire, and buy a full-price 102Y PSC2 at ~$450 and I'm all-in on the set for $1050, which I can live with:) But $800 would be better...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just got off of chat with them. They said they escalated it.... They had previously promised to send me 2 of the 315s at a discounted price due to not being able to honor the original price on the 305 SC2s (said they were out of stock but showed in stock online). I waited and waited - then I received 2 of the original order of 8 305 SC2s...the order they said would be cancelled. On Christmas day, I received an email that the 315s that the escalations team and I agreed to were cancelled.

Went through the entire thing again and after a lot of repeating myself, they put another order in for the 315s at the original price. I asked what assurance I had that they would be delivered this time - she checked stock and said they were definitely in stock. sigh.... we will see!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
PS - she said the 315 order that they agreed to wasn't shipped because of stock....but I never received an out of stock or pending cancellation email - just a final cancellation email...and they have never shown out of stock from the time I ordered to now. So............. Sketchy.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I got mine. The 305s were factory fresh and the 315s were a year old.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
PS - she said the 315 order that they agreed to wasn't shipped because of stock....but I never received an out of stock or pending cancellation email - just a final cancellation email...and they have never shown out of stock from the time I ordered to now. So............. Sketchy.
Funny because I just got this email early this morning... (attached screenshot)
This was the same item number that was "on sale" at the start of this thread ~$300.

When I ordered the 305 Cup 2's I got a charge on my credit card. Then I get one of those pending cancellation emails a couple days later. Jumped online and IM'ed them right away to insist in keeping my order open. The person said he couldn't do that. 2 Days later I got a cancellation email. 2 days after that I got a "shipped" email. I was rather confused as my credit card no longer showed the charge. 3 days later I had 2 305 cup 2's on my porch! :shrug:
Capture.JPG

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Funny because I just got this email early this morning... (attached screenshot)
This was the same item number that was "on sale" at the start of this thread ~$300.

When I ordered the 305 Cup 2's I got a charge on my credit card. Then I get one of those pending cancellation emails a couple days later. Jumped online and IM'ed them right away to insist in keeping my order open. The person said he couldn't do that. 2 Days later I got a cancellation email. 2 days after that I got a "shipped" email. I was rather confused as my credit card no longer showed the charge. 3 days later I had 2 305 cup 2's on my porch! :shrug:
The first suggestion that she gave me was to honor the 15% discount on the tires at their current price, lol. I told her that it seemed shady that my first order was cancelled after sending a partial order (saying they were out of stock) - then the prices went up...then the resolution they provided me was to discount a different tire that was in stock (the 315s) but then that order got cancelled (they say now, due to stock) - then the prices on those tires also went up. She didn't say anything about that - just adjusted the price and got off of the chat. I will not be surprised if they don't arrive...It seems like they have the option to do whatever they want at that level but someone else is in charge of actually processing the order - it's possible that they are stopping the orders there because the price I ended up with is (I'm just guessing) likely below their actual cost. So they just never ship it and make you jump through the rest of these hoops.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
And now that I check my order - they changed the price again from what was agreed to and bumped it up over $20. It's still a good deal - but just shows how willy-nilly it is behind the scenes there.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
They offered me 20% off my order, is that worth it when it may be a year before I use them? Since I have not owned a car with $350 tires before is 20% off a good deal?
Sponsored