Giving it to my youngest daughter

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Get a tune on it, and have the tuner limit the top speed to 80 MPH, and limit the throttle position to 50%. No way I would give a teenager a car this powerful. She may be completely responsible, but all it takes is one time she lets her boyfriend drive it, or is tempted by friends to drive it fast. My dad gave me his Z28 Camaro back when I was 18- it took me exactly 3 days to launch it into a corn field and lodge it backwards into a culvert with 3 of my friends inside. Totaled the car. Thankfully no one was hurt, but IMHO this is not a car for a young person. Trade it in on a Volvo station wagon
Donā€™t even need a tune, MyKey can do some of that I believe.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A generous father, indeed. I didn't even get my Mom's '72 Pinto.
I got the station wagon (1988 Caprice Classic) until I graduated high school. Then I went and bought my own car before I started college. Went through 3 different cars in college via trade ins LOL.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Donā€™t even need a tune, MyKey can do some of that I believe.
Indeed, but I would want additional measures to prevent the rear tires from even breaking traction

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Well, I certainly wish you the best of luck. Hopefully she is an excellent driver with experience in high HP cars and hopefully you have really good insurance. Below is a pic of my 16 year old grandsons 160 hp 2015 Mazda 3.

It's your car....do what you want!! Beautiful car BTW!

Mazda.PNG

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Dam will you adopt me ? I'm probably older than you tho.

We gave my daughter our Subaru only because she had a baby and I wanted my granddaughter safe. It's the 5th car we've given to her. The pain and suffering never ends. .šŸ˜„

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Jeepers. These ones always make me shake my head.
I hope it works for all of you.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'd seriously change the title.. it's gonna end up on the dark side of google search haha.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Well, I certainly wish you the best of luck. Hopefully she is an excellent driver with experience in high HP cars and hopefully you have really good insurance. Below is a pic of my 16 year old grandsons 160 hp 2015 Mazda 3.

It's your car....do what you want!! Beautiful car BTW!

Mazda.PNG
lol ... my oldest daughter crashed 4 cars and my youngest daughter crashed 2 and they where all Civics, Sentra and cars like that. I'd never give them a car with 460 HP but hey good luck OP

Thankfully my kids are okay. A couple of those crashes were pretty bad. I gave my older daughter our Subaru because she's got my granddaughter in that car. The suffering never ends being a parent :(

Sponsored

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Dam will you adopt me ? I'm probably older than you tho.

We gave my daughter our Subaru only because she had a baby and I wanted my granddaughter safe. It's the 5th car we've given to her. The pain and suffering never ends. .šŸ˜„
Maybe you can get her an MRAP from a government auction.

Bruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2021 GT500
Iā€™m a parent and grandparent, and I know the feeling of wanting to give your kids good things, but I donā€™t recommend this. Had my parents done this, I probably wouldnā€™t be here today, and I was considered to be ā€œresponsibleā€. I would start her out with something safe and reliable that wouldnā€™t cause any heartache after the inevitable door dings, fender benders and learning experiences. Beautiful car BTW.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I know many people recommend against giving almost any decent car to our kids. I don't agree. Everyone tends to provide what-if or what they have experienced in a negative way. I bought my 18 year old son a new Subaru WRX as a promise for his last quarter of high school for maintaining a 4.0 average and getting accepted to his number one college on his list. All my friends and coworkers told me I was wrong and for so many reasons. He is now 23, the WRX has never been raced, it is in great shape, all maintenance has been performed and he still owns it. He got a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 65 on a 4 lane freeway while driving to work......at age 23..knock on wood; "Some" young people actually do know how to be responsible. I can't say the same for some of us "old" geezers :)
Sponsored