Ford to build FPC VOODOO till 2020

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm going to say....not very many. People want it when they want it.

Again, I'll ask - who told you or where did you see it documented that these would only be produced for certain years? Ford didn't even officially document the 5000/500 per year number and they surely didn't tell anyone here what years it would be produced.

If you've heard this from dealers and believed it, I don't know what to tell you. Other sources would be a friend of a friend...this website...a magazine... In all cases, this isn't information provided by Ford.
I don't have any proof but I heard from a friend at Ford that the GT350 is only a 2 year run. We will see how truthful that is but I feel as if he may be right. 2018 may have a couple special models and 2019 will be the GT500.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Again, I'll ask - who told you or where did you see it documented that these would only be produced for certain years? Ford didn't even officially document the 5000/500 per year number and they surely didn't tell anyone here what years it would be produced.

If you've heard this from dealers and believed it, I don't know what to tell you. Other sources would be a friend of a friend...this website...a magazine... In all cases, this isn't information provided by Ford.
I heard this also but its a good chance I might of read it on this site. With a refresh coming I think its unlikely the car in the current form will be a 5 year run. Especially with the drop in sales of mustangs.

Im in different the extra models will get more tuner support though I have little desire to modify my car.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I said it before, and I'll say it again...the new CAFE standards are going to burst the bubble of today's glory days of hot rodding. Much like the insurance rate hikes and the oil embargos of the early-mid 70's killed the muscle car (and to a certain degree, the original CAFE regulation in 1975, although it was a bit late to the party - muscle cars were gone long before then), I'm afraid the EPA is going to eventually take our toys away from us yet again sometime soon. I hope I'm wrong, but the mandate for 54.5 MPG fleet averages is looming, and Ford along with every other automotive manufacturer is going to have to spend more money on R&D for fuel efficiency rather than raw performance in the coming years.

Maybe the Voodoo lives for a few more years, or maybe it was just for a two year run in the GT350. Maybe we get an 800 HP Ecoboost V8 in the 2018 GT500, or maybe Ford adapts the GT's V6 for the next halo car. Either way, the performance we are seeing today cannot last in the face of such ridiculous fuel economy requirements. It will take auto manufacturers another 40 years to get where we've been in the last few and still meet those requirements.

That's my opinion, and you're entitled to it. :)

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I said it before, and I'll say it again...the new CAFE standards are going to burst the bubble of today's glory days of hot rodding. Much like the insurance rate hikes and the oil embargos of the early-mid 70's killed the muscle car (and to a certain degree, the original CAFE regulation in 1975, although it was a bit late to the party - muscle cars were gone long before then), I'm afraid the EPA is going to eventually take our toys away from us yet again sometime soon. I hope I'm wrong, but the mandate for 54.5 MPG fleet averages is looming, and Ford along with every other automotive manufacturer is going to have to spend more money on R&D for fuel efficiency rather than raw performance in the coming years.

Maybe the Voodoo lives for a few more years, or maybe it was just for a two year run in the GT350. Maybe we get an 800 HP Ecoboost V8 in the 2018 GT500, or maybe Ford adapts the GT's V6 for the next halo car. Either way, the performance we are seeing today cannot last in the face of such ridiculous fuel economy requirements. It will take auto manufacturers another 40 years to get where we've been in the last few and still meet those requirements.

That's my opinion, and you're entitled to it. :)
I dunno, Tesla seems to be doing just fine with their performance numbers. I highly doubt it will take 40 years as it is already being done today in a number of ways. Especially if auto giants like Ford, GM, BMW etc start putting devolpment money into the fight.

I do agree current muscle cars like this are going to be a thing of the past very soon. There are not a lot of N/A V8s left today. But, I think autonomous cars are more of a threat to our hobby than CAFE standards are IMO.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
For anyone with a bad case of exclusivityitis, maybe this will help.

14692112_1114631498584628_7407597861780240435_o.jpg

Now try to convince me that Ford should quit while they are ahead.
I actually think u are making the point that ur not trying to make.

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
The 54.5 mpg standard won't affect cars like the gt350 with the 5.2. How many cars does ford make in a year? Divide 5500 into that number and you'll get a stupid low percentage. The gt350's could get 1mpg and not budge the overall fleet average. The thing the gt350/500/other special cars will have to worry about is the gas guzzler/luxury taxes.

Also, as more electric cars are made and on the road, the demand for gas will drop and the price will drop as well. The only way gas prices will go up in that scenario is due to taxes and regulations, which could very well happen.

On a side note, I've talked to 2 CA dealers in the last 2 days. One started the asking price on the 17gt350 with electronics package that came off the truck yesterday at 5k above msrp. The other talked like I could order one from them for 5k over. Both of these are without any negotiating taking place yet. End of the month, I'm betting 2k over in CA shouldn't be too difficult and in the middle of the country, ADM's should be about gone. I plan to keep looking through February/March and am starting to feel good about getting a 17 at msrp.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I dunno, Tesla seems to be doing just fine with their performance numbers.
Using lots of electricity is no better than using lots of gas, if you really think using energy is wrong. Especially here in MN where most of the electricity comes from burning (whisper) COAL!!! :eyebulge:

Frankly I think it's silly to regulate the use of energy and I'm really sick of the government taking our freedom away.

I would rather drive any POS gas burner than a Tesla. I can't tell you how much I despise electric cars.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Using lots of electricity is no better than using lots of gas, if you really think using energy is wrong. Especially here in MN where most of the electricity comes from burning (whisper) COAL!!! :eyebulge:

Frankly I think it's silly to regulate the use of energy and I'm really sick of the government taking our freedom away.

I would rather drive any POS gas burner than a Tesla. I can't tell you how much I despise electric cars.
I wasn't and nor am I going to get political. I was only responding to the post that states we won't be able to replace the performance we have in the GT350 now with other means. It's already in the works and being done.

robbins226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt PP

Agreed, Same situation with the 07' Gt500. No company in their right mind in today's economy is going to invest the time and money of R&D for one to two years of ROI. They will milk this thing until the cows come home.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The single point that makes me think they will continue the GT350 is...

If they knew for sure that they wouldn't be continuing it - why wouldn't they state that? It would only build more excitement (and ADM).

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
In my mind, if there were a new halo Mustang, we'd have seen videos of it running around the ring, the same way we saw vids of the '13 GT500 prototype.

I honestly believe the GT350 will continue, and the marketing poster John Ziraldo posted pretty much confirms that it will continue.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R

Not to sound rude (because I am not trying to be, honestly!), but Ford hasn't said ANYTHING, about any of it ever, even though they should have! My impression has largely been from reading these forums for the past year or more (months prior to my joining), especially the "looking for," and "adm," threads. There is little hard information about ANYTHING from Ford regarding this car, but most of the innuendo form interviews, not to mention general consensus on the boards, points to a two-year run (yes there were dissenting opinions).

Yes, Ford hasn't gone on record saying anything about numbers or production run. However, said lack of information (IMO) certainly has influenced at least some people's buying behavior.

Certainly from my perspective, I felt that, when I arranged a contract and down-payment for a 2017 R model (which I expect to arrive late in the model year - the dealer's 2016 R didn't arrive until the end of May), the options were: 1. Pay ADM, 2. search and search and MAYBE get lucky, or 3. Don't get a gt350R (new). At least personally, if I thought I could wait a few months longer to get the same (or similar) car from a dealer (possibly closer to home), with less markup, I certainly would have been willing to wait. I won't regret the car I (will eventually) have, but certainly more readily available, factual information about the length of the model run would have been very appreciated...

More information from the outset, or even more information now, would be welcome. Should those of us interested in the gt350/R have just not ordered and assumed we could wait out ADMs over the next 5 years? For that matter, why is the allocation distribution and production schedule such a secret? Why were potential buyers allowed to get into situations where money was put on down-payment for vehicles that were never actually allocated? Sorry, but the gt350 is a great car, and I love mustangs, but Ford's distribution methods/dealer system for the gt350s is terrible, and whether deliberate or not (I suspect it is not), FEELS like it is set up to drive markups.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
FORD needs to work on there ordering and network model. It shocking how many people know about the ADMs on this car and assumed you couldnt get one with out it so they didnt even look at one.

Its interesting the ADMs on a car that is not ACTUALLY rare(at least based on the number of cars on lots)

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Oh hell, why not? We all agree that altho things have been said by people that work for Ford, there is no official document anyone can point to that says a two year run. It is possible Ford left it open ended on purpose, running limited production at 5000/500 per year because they weren't sure what the market for a $60,000 Mustang was. However, I'm still not sure we know that answer because there seem to be a lot unsold, even 16s. That leaves it open for Ford to say that as many accolades as it gets, there isn't that great a market out there. And all it would take to put the final nail in the coffin is a little downturn in the economy to really dry it up. So if you want one I wouldn't necessarily wait and bet on a 2018+ because you might risk disappointment if you want to buy new.
Sponsored