Ford to build FPC VOODOO till 2020

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
I think the funniest part about this thread are the guys that don't want the GT350 to continue production. The truth is these guys know they're only going to keep this car until the next hot Porsche, or M3 come out so they want to be able to get their money back. The GT350 is the "IT" car right now.
I actually have this nice little day dream about being an old man and taking my minty 350 out of the garage for a nice Sunday drive.

The car is not an investment to me. I expect my wife will let her new boyfriends drive it when I'm 6' under. And then I expect she'll sell it with a tear in her eye knowing how special it was to me. But I do intend on dying with this car.

And I do like the exclusivity. When I'm that old guy pulling up to a cars and coffee, I'd love it if there were very few on the road. I look forward to denying the offers to sell it to the young whipper snapper that wants the minty car that no one else can get, because most everyone else lets theirs go to shit for one reason or another over the decades.

When I can't find gasoline because everyone cars are flying and being powered by garbage or poop, I'll still have this car.

Disclaimer: Now don't quote me on any of this in the future. I've been known to change my mind from time to time. But this is how I see things today, and this is the intention I had when I bought the car.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Being a limited 2 year production run helped sell the car to me. Even if it was a small part, it was still a part of the decision.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I expect my wife will let her new boyfriends drive it when I'm 6' under.
No. I asked her about that and she says he can't drive a stick. ;)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I actually have this nice little day dream about being an old man and taking my minty 350 out of the garage for a nice Sunday drive.

The car is not an investment to me. I expect my wife will let her new boyfriends drive it when I'm 6' under. And then I expect she'll sell it with a tear in her eye knowing how special it was to me. But I do intend on dying with this car.
To each their own, but I hope I NEVER, EVER buy a car with the intention of saving it for the next guy.

My vision is - if I die and still own the GT350, it's been used hard, gone through many sets of tires and brakes, has some body rot because it got exposed to water and salt, the interior is beat up, etc.

At that point I had my fun with it. I don't mind it being passed along. Even with a lot of miles on it, I'm sure someone will love to have it.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
As good as the current GT350 Mustangs are , there is still room for improvement. What if the 2018 GT350 is lighter, has the battery in the trunk, has a wider track and improved cooling system ? Who would not trade their current GT350 for an improved GT350 like that ??

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
To each their own, but I hope I NEVER, EVER buy a car with the intention of saving it for the next guy.

My vision is - if I die and still own the GT350, it's been used hard, gone through many sets of tires and brakes, has some body rot because it got exposed to water and salt, the interior is beat up, etc.

At that point I had my fun with it. I don't mind it being passed along. Even with a lot of miles on it, I'm sure someone will love to have it.
I'm assuming I did not somehow convey the intent of humor in my post.

I'm not "saving" it for anyone. I'm enjoying it just the way I like it.

And for me, it's a Sunday driver at most (on sunny days with no salt on the road). This doesn't mean I won't enjoy the heck out of it, which includes driving it like it's on fire. But part of that enjoyment is also going to keep it as pristine as possible.

I'm saving it for no one. But I'm sure as hell going to enjoy every single day of looking at a car that find to be a work of art. And that includes keeping it as brandy new as possible.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
As good as the current GT350 Mustangs are , there is still room for improvement. What if the 2018 GT350 is lighter, has the battery in the trunk, has a wider track and improved cooling system ? Who would not trade their current GT350 for an improved GT350 like that ??
Battery in the trunk is not an improvement, insignificant. Improved cooling system???? WHAT? lol

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Being a limited 2 year production run helped sell the car to me. Even if it was a small part, it was still a part of the decision.
Yeah but where did you read that it was a 2 year run?

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I like the thought of limited production years. I guess I didn't buy it because of that but I hope it stays that way.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If it is lighter, it will be marginal and most of the parts would transfer over, the car already has some of the largest tires of any production vehicle, and diff/tranny coolers are already standard equipment. If there is a refreshed 2018 GT350 it will be mostly cosmetic changes IMO

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I think the funniest part about this thread are the guys that don't want the GT350 to continue production. The truth is these guys know they're only going to keep this car until the next hot Porsche, or M3 come out so they want to be able to get their money back. The GT350 is the "IT" car right now.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is totally false! I have never owned any make of vehicle except ford, call me a fan boy all you want. But I would never sell my GT350 for something other than a ford. Even if they improved the GT350 with another halo car. I didn't buy it for an investment because that's plain stupid, I bought it because I love mustang, I love naturally aspirated engines, I love the looks, I love the sound, and I hoped for it to be a limited production 2 year run.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
This. The elitism is not quite as bad as the TS forums yet, but it's getting there.

It's a Mustang. Drive it and enjoy it.
Nice point, underneath it all its still a Mustang, made on the same assembly line as the lowly rent-a-car special bare bones V6. Let Jay Leno and others keep the few keepsake examples along with their Ford GTs, Stanley Steamers and such in museums, and DRIVE THAT BAD THANG!

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
This is just a general post on the subject and not to anyone in particular. I agree with people that almost no car should be bought as an investment including the GT350/R.

But, there were plenty of indications both from Ford and the dealer network that this was going to be a limited run car to just a couple of years. I've been told that the motor was specific to this car and that AG was even going to be specific color to only the GT350/R. I didn't really believe it at the time and now it looks like neither of those will be true. It doesn't bother me because I didn't buy this car based on those factors.

Another but, I think people do buy cars based on these factors and that is fine with me. I think it hurts both Ford's and the dealer network's credibility when they put out misleading or false info on a regular basis. This coupled with QC and bad CS issues will hurt them in the long run. How much remains to be seen.
I think the most frustrating part, actually, is that everyone being led to believe in a limited production run (especially for the gt350R) has helped fuel dealer ADMs. While ADMs are a different topic entirely, there is little doubt (at least in my mind) that price markups would have been harder to sell if everyone knew from the beginning that there would be a 5 year production run.

Especially for the 'R' model, with some exceptions, the name of the game has been very much, "pay to play," or don't get one. How many people that wanted the car enough to pay ADM would have been happier if they could have waited a couple more years, and saved $5-20k?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think the most frustrating part, actually, is that everyone being led to believe in a limited production run (especially for the gt350R) has helped fuel dealer ADMs. While ADMs are a different topic entirely, there is little doubt (at least in my mind) that price markups would have been harder to sell if everyone knew from the beginning that there would be a 5 year production run.

Especially for the 'R' model, with some exceptions, the name of the game has been very much, "pay to play," or don't get one. How many people that wanted the car enough to pay ADM would have been happier if they could have waited a couple more years, and saved $5-20k?
I'm going to say....not very many. People want it when they want it.

Again, I'll ask - who told you or where did you see it documented that these would only be produced for certain years? Ford didn't even officially document the 5000/500 per year number and they surely didn't tell anyone here what years it would be produced.

If you've heard this from dealers and believed it, I don't know what to tell you. Other sources would be a friend of a friend...this website...a magazine... In all cases, this isn't information provided by Ford.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If I had known about the coolers I would never have bought a 2016 tech. I never really thought the production numbers would be so limited that everyone would need to pay ADMs through the entire time of production or that it wouldn't be possible to get a used one in a year or two. But I wanted the car and I didn't want to wait. I am really glad I have the car and it was worth it for me at least. The last 11 months of ownership have mostly been really great.

Really I only need the coolers for the track, but it's somewhat the principle of the thing. I still feel Ford messed up on the 2016 base and tech cars especially the marketing and now they aren't doing much to help the owners. It definitely changed my feelings toward the brand.

I did consider buying a used GT500 and driving that for a few years and then getting a used GT350. The thing is, I didn't want a GT500.
Sponsored