Sponsored

Ford Racing

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
I am a new Ford owner of the ECB 2015 Mustang and I have no idea how long does it take for Ford to do it, but I am like few other people about Tunes and warranty problems but does anyone have any ideas how long does it take for ford to issue their own performance tune? Thank you
Sponsored

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
What exactly are you looking for as far as the tune? Something casual to keep warranty worries away or the best bang for your buck to pull on mini vans at the stoplights :)

OP
OP

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
Well pulling away from mini wants is not always that good depends on the soccer mom inside;) but I want something better then stock I just ordered intake and exhaust and I know tune with that would be awesome but I don't want to mess up the warranty if I ever will be needing it

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I am a new Ford owner of the ECB 2015 Mustang and I have no idea how long does it take for Ford to do it, but I am like few other people about Tunes and warranty problems but does anyone have any ideas how long does it take for ford to issue their own performance tune? Thank you
sounds like you're asking when the FRPP tune will be coming out. Search is your friend, man
but to answer the Q, they said by the end of the year.

dvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
From what I've read, yes the FRRP tune has a warranty but with a catch. It basically replaces you factory warranty with a 3/36 so you are actually losing coverage on your powertrain warranty. It also has to be flashed by Ford and a record of this will be kept on your vehicle so no chance of flashing back to stock for warranty coverage. I don't know if this info is 100% accurate but this is what I've seen on the Focus ST forums. I'm not sure if I would want to go this route or take my chances on a Cobb tune and just reflash to stock whenever the car has to go into the shop.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
From what I've read, yes the FRRP tune has a warranty but with a catch. It basically replaces you factory warranty with a 3/36 so you are actually losing coverage on your powertrain warranty. It also has to be flashed by Ford and a record of this will be kept on your vehicle so no chance of flashing back to stock for warranty coverage. I don't know if this info is 100% accurate but this is what I've seen on the Focus ST forums. I'm not sure if I would want to go this route or take my chances on a Cobb tune and just reflash to stock whenever the car has to go into the shop.
Just reflashing to stock is not a good alternative fyi. The ECU reports how many times it's been flashed, the dealer will know there was an aftermarket tune if they don't have records of a software update or other explanation. You might be able to claim ignorance or something, but I guess that would come down to what kind of person you are.

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
Just reflashing to stock is not a good alternative fyi. The ECU reports how many times it's been flashed, the dealer will know there was an aftermarket tune if they don't have records of a software update or other explanation. You might be able to claim ignorance or something, but I guess that would come down to what kind of person you are.
Well, that is terrifying.

This car has so much potential left on the table. I would hate to be in a place where I completely void the warranty for a bit of performance or have to drive around stock for the life of the car.

-Drew

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Well, that is terrifying.

This car has so much potential left on the table. I would hate to be in a place where I completely void the warranty for a bit of performance or have to drive around stock for the life of the car.

-Drew
Just start saving some of your mod money for an engine upgrade while you do your bolt ons so if something does go bad you have money to fix it. Or stick with the Ford Racing tune, it probably won't be bad. Just not as good as some of the others that are/will be available.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
This is info straight from a Ford tech. The ECU doesn't keep count of how many times the ECU has been flashed. When the ECU is reset by an external source, aka tuner, then a P1000 code is stored within the ECU. That code will go away but it normally takes 5-10 key cycles with 3-5 miles on each cycle. That means you need to start the car, drive it 3-5 miles, then turn it off and repeat that 5-10 times. Once you've done that a number of times, the ECU will look normal when scanned. When a Mustang is blown up, in almost all cases, the regional engineer will come in to investigate. The P1000 is the first thing that they look for and then throw it out the window if it's there.

So, in short, flash back to stock for a few drive cycles before you blow one up, lol. :thumbsup:

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium ecoboost performance package
I was waiting for the ford tune, but said what the hell and bought a cobb AP. It should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
well i am waiting for intake and exhaust to come in ones thats in i think of cobbs

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
i'm either getting Livernois or Cobb, I really cant decide ):

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
This is info straight from a Ford tech. The ECU doesn't keep count of how many times the ECU has been flashed. When the ECU is reset by an external source, aka tuner, then a P1000 code is stored within the ECU. That code will go away but it normally takes 5-10 key cycles with 3-5 miles on each cycle. That means you need to start the car, drive it 3-5 miles, then turn it off and repeat that 5-10 times. Once you've done that a number of times, the ECU will look normal when scanned. When a Mustang is blown up, in almost all cases, the regional engineer will come in to investigate. The P1000 is the first thing that they look for and then throw it out the window if it's there.

So, in short, flash back to stock for a few drive cycles before you blow one up, lol. :thumbsup:
Interesting, so before bring the car in for warranty. Flash back to stock turn car on 5-10 times and move it a few blocks each time and this will completely erase the reflash record on the ECU.

Is there a way to verify when the P1000 is fully cleared? Prior to bringing the car in for warranty work?

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Interesting, so before bring the car in for warranty. Flash back to stock turn car on 5-10 times and move it a few blocks each time and this will completely erase the reflash record on the ECU.

Is there a way to verify when the P1000 is fully cleared? Prior to bringing the car in for warranty work?
Purchase a Bluetooth OBD2 device on ebay for cheap. It will send you codes to your phone, and you'll be able to see if the P1000 is there or not.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Purchase a Bluetooth OBD2 device on ebay for cheap. It will send you codes to your phone, and you'll be able to see if the P1000 is there or not.
Sweet!! Looks like I may skip ford racing tune and keep my full warranty if the p1000 is the only thing I need to worry about.
Sponsored