Sponsored

Ford racing tune/intake package

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Randomly saw an RS2 with out of state tags parked next to me when I came out of a store earlier today and got to speaking with the gentleman. Turns out it was a demo car he was driving while in town and he works with the folks developing Ford Racing's products for the 2015.

I can't confirm the validity of any of this, but based on what he said:

The FR package will be tune+intake and gains will be roughly 40HP and will bring torque up to about 340 at the crank.

He also said they should be announced/start sales in 44 days, which would put it about mid June.

If nothing else, if it's true then folks who want to keep some sort of warranty should have something in June.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eco15

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Yeah, was not terribly impressed. I didn't ask what his job title was but he was familiar with the stock levels for all three models, more than anyone at the dealership was when I purchased my EB in October. I've never seen him around the dealership here in town.

Could be that he was on the sales side vs the engineering/build side and was mistaken - I did ask him if that was to the wheels or the crank though.

He also said there is a real possibility of a forced induction 3.5 in 2018. Couldn't really get any more out of him about that though.

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
What's an RS2?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Roush stage 2

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That's weak. Now I'm not mad at myself for getting impatient and ordering the LMS tune lol. I haven't gotten it yet but based on the dyno charts and feedback it's gonna be awesome

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
No offense to the OP, but I'm going to call BS on this. Here's why. The focus ST tune from frpp adds 90 ft/lbs of torque and basically no horsepower. I would expect similar results for the mustang. This is the exact opposite and not in line with what other tuners are getting.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I believe it. For one if the numbers were truly astronomical and we were all like kids before Christmas because we couldn't wait then it would most definitely be total bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Eco15

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Just what the guy told me. I don't disagree that it's weak, my car is tuned and like anyone else tuned right now, above what he said they would be doing. If nothing else, hope his numbers were wrong but the release date was right.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Just what the guy told me. I don't disagree that it's weak, my car is tuned and like anyone else tuned right now, above what he said they would be doing. If nothing else, hope his numbers were wrong but the release date was right.

Amen

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I will wait to see when the tune from Ford is actually out to decide if i will get it or not. If it is weak like the OP mentions then i will skip it.

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
No offense to the OP, but I'm going to call BS on this. Here's why. The focus ST tune from frpp adds 90 ft/lbs of torque and basically no horsepower. I would expect similar results for the mustang. This is the exact opposite and not in line with what other tuners are getting.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe he was thinking 340 hp or something but I can't imagine them only boosting torque by 20 when they boosted the ST by 90. Guess we'll wait and see.

Do Ford Racing parts void your warranty? I had thought they didn't, and then I thought they DID void the warranty but came with one of their own... guess I just don't understand how that works so if anyone could clarify that'd be great... thanks ahead of time.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
The Ford press release seems to make it clear that the tune will be under the Ford car warranty. It should be easy enough to find the press release.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
Just to add some fuel to this fire, I noticed something from the FRPP brochure. Looks like they've got an EB on the dyno with the engine cover removed on the same page they have the tune/intake combo. it's a little hard to tell though. Still, doesn't look like the 5.0.

then blowing up the dyno graph, looks like 340hp/385tq, also hard to see. maybe a little more in line with what people are expecting, and not really enough to piss off any of the other tuners.

please don't take this for any more than it's worth, which isn't much. just interesting. and straight up conjecture. It doesn't show tuned vs unturned gains anyways, so it's up for interpretation right off the bat.
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg