Sponsored

Ford performance brand poll

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Since there are so many comments in this thread about the replacement name for 'SVT', I figured it was time for a new poll.

The favorite suggestions so far seem to be:
SVT, SVO, FPV, FPO, Cobra, Shelby something, and 999.

Do you have another?
Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
If it gets changed another possibility is Global Performance Vehicle

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd like Cobra.........Ford used similar in the past with things like the Torino Cobra :)

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I don't understand the need for a name change? SVT is perfect and sounds badass, not to mention describes the performance team perfectly, Special Vehicle Team. Keep it SVT ford, please.

GTsquid

I think because it really has no brand recognition outside of the US and everything is about One Ford and being a global company now. That's why the Shelby name is still used i think, if for no other reason than it is so widely known.

Sponsored

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
I think because it really has no brand recognition outside of the US and everything is about One Ford and being a global company now. That's why the Shelby name is still used i think, if for no other reason than it is so widely known.
Yeah but wouldn't it be simpler and more cost effective to globalize the SVT moniker which is already recognized in the US than to re-recognize a new name everywhere?

GTsquid

Yeah but wouldn't it be simpler and more cost effective to globalize the SVT moniker which is already recognized in the US than to re-recognize a new name everywhere?
That's why it was my guess that they include FORD in the name somewhere. SVT is not brand specific and hasn't gained much traction elsewhere. We all know they love adding "Ford" to everything. They couldn't even resist putting it on the Mustang and who doesn't know that it's a Ford?

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
SVT FTW

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Apart from the fact the new Shelby GT350 won't be available (officially) outside North America :(

Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
Seems that at least on this forum, ford would do well to just leave it at SVT and try to just market what is already familiar with a great number of enthusiast.

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
... Or go completely over the top and name the new division "WHUPASS" - just like that, in all caps. That would make sure they always understand the standard their products have to live up to. :D

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
... Or go completely over the top and name the new division "WHUPASS" - just like that, in all caps. That would make sure they always understand the standard their products have to live up to. :D
LOL , Love it!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I like SVT but I think using nothing at all is better than stringing together a bunch of names and calling it a "Ford Mustang SVT Shelby GT350". No thank you.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
As God intended way back in 1980......SVO special vehicle operations :hail:

SVO blocks
SVO cylinder heads
SVO crankshafts and

SVO Mustang

SVO is who opened the door to aftermarket upgrading, something GM guys enjoyed for years

:ford:
Sponsored