Sponsored

Ford ESP (Extended Warranty) GT350 Not Covered?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
GT350 is eligible. I've sold them, and activated them through Ford. The article (as previously said) is referring to the Shelby GT350 that was a 5.0 and upgraded by Shelby America.

Our vins, when out in to Ford a year ago, yielded messages saying no coverage available. Since then, they have added service contracts and maintenance contracts.

The ESP contract that you have was released Oct 15, and they release a new one Every October.
That sounds reasonable. I'll check w my dealer and post what I find out. Thanks [MENTION=21698]swedensky[/MENTION] :thumbsup:
Sponsored

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'd like to follow this as well - I bought a warranty through Flood Ford and it supposedly went in with no issues. Don't want to find out 3 years from now I have been had.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Flood will not sell in FL. ;(

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I haven't brought this up with my dealer, or my regional Ford Service rep who I'm in contact with due to my engine issue. I'm curious to what you all think of this, before I contact Ford.
You are still at minimum covered by your factory bumper-to-bumper warranty.

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Update

Today, while discussing my engine replacement with my "case worker" (for lack of a better term) with Ford Service, I asked the rep about the topic of this thread. She told me that my car is covered for any components listed in the Ford ESP brochure (that my selling dealer gave me) and any Shelby components on my window sticker. I haven't checked my window sticker yet. She did advise me to take my concern to the finance department at my selling dealership to get more information.

She said that if I was having the exact same engine failure during my extended warranty period, it would be covered by the Ford ESP that I purchased.

I'd still like something more concrete than just saying "well someone at Ford Service said...", so I will discuss this in person with the dealership my car is currently at for service. They aren't the dealership I purchased the car from, but they are a much bigger multi-location dealer. I'd trust them more than I would the small town dealer I bought from.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
mine didnt qualify for ford ext warranty too

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
mine didnt qualify for ford ext warranty too
Hey Hiz,

When was the last time you checked?

I discussed with my dealer back in Dec 15 and it did not qualify. I spoke with him yesterday and he confirmed VINS have been opened up for ESPs. I have not heard back yet but will update when I do.

Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Is it just me or does no one really read? This topic has multiple threads, and I think I have replied in each of them.

The cars were not in the ESP system for the beginning period of sales. They have since been added and ESP service contracts and ESP Maintenance contracts are available for our GT350's.

Mods, can we post this as a banner somewhere?

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Is it just me or does no one really read? This topic has multiple threads, and I think I have replied in each of them.

The cars were not in the ESP system for the beginning period of sales. They have since been added and ESP service contracts and ESP Maintenance contracts are available for our GT350's.

I get you, but buying my 2017 two weeks ago, my dealer pulled up that PDF and refused to sell me a warranty. So this confusion could be better put to rest by Ford.

Last edited:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

I'm glad you have been posting to confirm this, but just curious, the program the includes wearing items such as brakes and clutches, not 100% sure what it is called, but is that available for the GT350's as well?

Curious if the same programs are available in Canada as the US, any way you can confirm? I was told in August when I bought my R that there was no additional warranty or anything available.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Thanks for your persistence swedensky:thumbsup:
Some of us are not convinced until we see it for ourselves.... much :gossip: and inaccurate info kicking around these parts.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Maintenance packages (brake PADS, and linings -no rotors, oil, scheduled maintenance, shocks/struts as required etc) ARE available.

I am not well versed for Canadian models, I'm sorry.

If any one wants a plan, im more than welcome to sign you up. Paid in full or 0% financing through Ford. Mods did not allow me to post a thread offering that as I am not a vendor but I am open to helping if anyone seeks it.

Mr_Nugg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2010 GT500, 1973 Challenger Rallye
I just checked this week with my Ford dealer for my 2016 GT350. I was told Ford no longer offered extended warranty on any Ford Performance vehicles here in Canada.

I was truly disappointed, as the extended warranty I purchased for my 2010 GT500 has more than paid for itself.

Last edited: