Sponsored

FlowForm Renderings on the S550 Mustang

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
The wheels of course are amazing...but so is the price! HRE wheels are NOT cheap. Would love to have a set though.
Sponsored

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The wheels of course are amazing...but so is the price! HRE wheels are NOT cheap. Would love to have a set though.
These actually are relatively inexpensive...for a set of 20" they are $3100. The flow form process makes for a very light weight wheel and these things are strong. The 20x10.5 for the mustang are about 3 lbs lighter each than the smaller current track pack OEM 19x9 wheels. So you gain an inch in diameter and a full 1.5" in width all while dropping 3lbs each corner.

Plus they look and quality are amazing.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I need to know what these look like on a Ruby Red 'Stang...

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Wow, that looks pretty sexy! I am SO torn on color. I really like Ingot, Yello, Ruby and Guard.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Damn, I kind of want to see all of the colors now haha. I can do just about whatever on photoshop but I can't change colors for the life of me.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
Damn, I kind of want to see all of the colors now haha. I can do just about whatever on photoshop but I can't change colors for the life of me.
As with everything in Photoshop, there are a ton of different ways to do it, but here are some tips I like to use most of the time.
- Create a group for the color and mask it to show only the paint
- Add Hue/Saturation as first layer in group -- saturation = 0-10
- Add levels as second layer to adjust contrast (if needed) to get to a nice medium gray color
- Add layer above that for color -- set to "Overlay" mode

Then you can tweak the color and levels layers to find the right look for the color in question.
Sometimes I will add a second color layer (overlay or soft light mode) to boost saturation or create a subtle color shift between shadows and highlights seen is some paints -- especially silver (cooler shadows, warmer highlights).

This works best with medium colored cars -- especially silver -- since black cars loose the shadows, and white cars loose the highlights.

Some dark cars you can use the same as above, but skip the saturation and levels layers and set the color layer to "Color" mode instead. However, I usually don't like it as it removes all hue shifts which usually occur in the environmental reflections in the paint and add to the realism.

Sponsored

Pabo

Thanks Rampant. I've always wanted to know the best way to do this. I'm no PS guru like yourself but I still like to dabble.

and awesome renders Chris, well done!

nutte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertible
Wow, I just fell in love with those orange wheels. Thanks for sharing! I'm getting a yellow GT convertible and when I saw those wheels I got that "must have"-feeling. I bet a yellow car with orange wheels will look like a big toy, but that is exactly how I want it. I just love bright colors (not just on cars).

If someone have the skills and time I would be very interested and thankful to see some renderings of a 2015 yellow Mustang with the orange wheels.

I looked up the HRE FlowForm FF01 wheels and made some calls. It looks like they would be around $4,000 with tax. That is a bit too much for me, especially considering I usually don't keep cars for very long. I was however told that you can paint any wheel orange, so I might go with Ford's 20" offering and paint those orange.

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Wow, I just fell in love with those orange wheels. Thanks for sharing! I'm getting a yellow GT convertible and when I saw those wheels I got that "must have"-feeling. I bet a yellow car with orange wheels will look like a big toy, but that is exactly how I want it. I just love bright colors (not just on cars).

If someone have the skills and time I would be very interested and thankful to see some renderings of a 2015 yellow Mustang with the orange wheels.

I looked up the HRE FlowForm FF01 wheels and made some calls. It looks like they would be around $4,000 with tax. That is a bit too much for me, especially considering I usually don't keep cars for very long. I was however told that you can paint any wheel orange, so I might go with Ford's 20" offering and paint those orange.
You must have crazy tax because the retail for a set of 20" is $3100 and can be had for as low as $2790.

nutte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertible
You must have crazy tax because the retail for a set of 20" is $3100 and can be had for as low as $2790.

I called two different resellers and was told the 20" wheels are $3,100 + and additional $500 for the color, i.e. $3,600 + tax.

The $500 for the orange color, and most other colors, are also specified on HRE's website:
http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff01