Sponsored

Florida

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Wanted to make sure my Alpha surgical team got in, our Hospital has open unprotected parking only, so I volunteered to get several key folks in, decided not to take high profile vehicle as we were getting a nasty band come thru, and figured best way to check out the weather setting. All went well, trees already down from a short crazy band that came in last night, the band this morning was substantial, saw more branches down and even standing water in some of our lower areas on the way back home. Some areas without power already, even though predicted to move more west I don't like being on the dirty side and how long this will drag on, also don't want to be cocky, Andrew was supposed to hit Ft Lauderdale and in the last minutes jogged hard south and ground zero was So Dade Co.
Trying to convince daughter to leave Tampa now and head to other family in Orlando who have a Hurricane prepped house. For everyone in Florida even though the latest report says winds down to 130 this is still a very serious storm and when it comes up thru the western Everglades the water is very warm, warmer than the Florida straights and might just juice her more. Relief for So Florida will be delayed as no one can get south until the storm clears the entire state and maybe even Georgia and may even be affected if Northern and western parts of state get hit harder. Our county has low lying areas which have been been completely built up extending west as far as they can abutting the Everglades, if the storm surges and dumps lots of rain in that region the low 5 ft levees will be an issue, that will add to the surge issues all along the West Coast of Florida. Pray for everyone's safety, and hopefully the former Governor Bush's prediction of Darwin Award winners will be limited.
Thank you for your most recent update based on your very vulnerable location.

Since you are very close to the Florida Keys are you aware of how they are making out up to this point?

Will be thinking of you, your family and everyone in Florida all weekend and wish everyone down your way safe haven over the next 48 hours!
Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Few reports currently from the Keys, they have only had some light bands similar to us, I do know that sections of US1 are already blocked by fallen trees in both directions in Homestead. The keys won't get the brunt for hours to come. We do know some folks decided to stay on their boats and some homeless refused to leave Key West and were going to camp out in a parking garage. Many of the Keys infrastructure hasn't been updated and the bridges may be vulnerable to substantial damage. The latest wind reports are favorable for everyone, down to 125 mph, that means Cuba tore her up more than predicted, this storm has definitely survived longer and stronger than any storm in history so its performance and stamina can't be discounted, it's going to be a very long weekend for Florida unless this storm chokes and quickly.

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
My thoughts and prayers are with all in the path of the storm , after dealing with sandy on east coast which was timid compared to this I'm hoping all come out well. And to the emergencey personal that will be there thank you .

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Eye is forecast to cruise right over my house.... I was planning to finally enclose my garage (stilt house with parking under) but I'm worried I'll need to do the whole house after this crap..... everyone rev you engines once for me :)

Sponsored

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Boarded up some of the major windows and planned to hunker down in Naples but bailed out this morning to Jupiter. The fear of sitting in a potentially flooding house without a roof for 12 hours with my family asking "why didn't we get a hotel?" finally won. I left the GT350 in the trailer in between my garages and attached to my truck as the best overall plan given the options. 16,000+ lbs. I hope it doesn't blow away. The wind could be 115 mph I think.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Eye is forecast to cruise right over my house.... I was planning to finally enclose my garage (stilt house with parking under) but I'm worried I'll need to do the whole house after this crap..... everyone rev you engines once for me :)
Boarded up some of the major windows and planned to hunker down in Naples but bailed out this morning to Jupiter. The fear of sitting in a potentially flooding house without a roof for 12 hours with my family asking "why didn't we get a hotel?" finally won. I left the GT350 in the trailer in between my garages and attached to my truck as the best overall plan given the options. 16,000+ lbs. I hope it doesn't blow away. The wind could be 115 mph I think.
Best of luck to you both.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We have a few bedrooms here. PM me if I can help.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You will be fine in Jupiter. If the forecast changes, let me know and you can crash here.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Best of luck to you both.
Thank you. Tomster: Wife's friend has us covered in style but appreciate the extremely generous offer! Good luck to everyone who has to deal with and clean up after this thing. Good news it appears to be slowing down right now.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Tomster: Wife's friend has us covered in style but appreciate the extremely generous offer! Good luck to everyone who has to deal with and clean up after this thing. Good news it appears to be slowing down right now.
:cheers:
I'm glad you are ok.

I'm hosting a fellow aviator and his wife here who I fear may loose their house. I do hope for the best for everyone.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
God speed FLA folks. Harvey kick our ass in Houston but we are beginning to turn it around. My sister's house had water in it for 11 days. Finally no water last night. My Shelby was safely parked at my concrete parking garage at work. Secure parking 4 floors up. My sister lost 4 cars including my brother in law's Mercedes AMG E63 S biturbo and my sisters G wagon.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thanks for the offer, Tomster. We are at my office - datacenter here is well built and no flood risk. Cars are safe - just worried about the house.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for the offer, Tomster. We are at my office - datacenter here is well built and no flood risk. Cars are safe - just worried about the house.
Jeff, any early update on how you and your home is making out?

I hope that everything is a little better than you many have expected?

Keep us all posted as we are thinking about you, your family and many others!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Watching weather.com and others like crazy right now... going slightly crazy about friends and property (and car) in Ft. Myers....
Sponsored