Floor Jack Clearance Issue

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I'd like to get some advice from those with 350 R's on how you are raising the back of the vehicle to remove tires, etc. How do you position your floor jack, what point(s) are you lifting from, and what type of floor jack do you have? Any help would be appreciated.

Background:

This weekend, I tried to raise my 350-R using my floor jack and was unable to do so because of clearance issues. I was finding that when I placed the floor jack in front of the rear tires (either side) and attempted to raise the vehicle with the lifting point being a light blue colored bolt on the rear subframe, my jack was hitting a plastic shield hanging down in-front of the rear tires. I don't want to raise the car using the rocker panel pinch welds...would rather anchor the jack on a fixed suspension piece. I also tried from the rear of the vehicle and could not place the jack far enough to contact the suspension. It was almost like I needed a spacer on my floor jack pad to increase the height of the jack contacting point to go around the plastic splash shield by the rear tires. Hopefully you are able to follow my rant...
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
LR170Shelby350R

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Thanks guys - I'm going to pass on the jacking rails, but the Daytona low profile jack looks doable. If someone without jacking rails can chime-in, it would be much appreciated.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks guys - I'm going to pass on the jacking rails, but the Daytona low profile jack looks doable. If someone without jacking rails can chime-in, it would be much appreciated.
If you don't have jacking rails your only option is to use the jack points on the pinch welds shown in the fsctoey manual. There's nothing else to put the jack under that's safe for lifting.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
20 year old HF low pro aluminum jack and jacking rails

Sponsored

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Jacking rails make life so easy. I've had them on several cars over the last 10 years and never regretted it (and I am constantly tinkering/lifting my cars).

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
I just slide a magnetic pinch weld jack adapter onto the pinch weld just aft the side mirrors, jack up the side, slide two jack stands under the jack points on the pinch weld. And drop it down.

Then repeat on the other side.

Jacking rails are 100% unnecessary. Just added weight

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Floor jack with a rubber pad and pinch welds. (Jacking rails are dead weight)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Drive the cars tires onto some 2x6 boards. The 1 & 7/8ths might be enough rise to allow your current jack under the car. Cut a slope angle in the boards to help you drive up on the boards.
On some cars I have worked on I have had to stack ( I would use screws to fasten them together) two by boards on top of each other to get a jack under.
Note- If you move the boards out of the way once the car is on jack stands be sure to put the boards back under the tires before you try to lower the car. Embarrassing to find you cannot get the jack out from under the car.
Sponsored