Floor Jack Clearance Issue

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
One thing I learned with lifting these cars is that the entire pinch weld is reinforced. The only reason there are specific jack points for each corner is because there are cutouts in the plastic mouldings to avoid crushing them (and probably car balance was factored in for people needing to change a flat). Funny enough, there are other little cutouts that perfectly fit a jackstand, or you can use the very front or back of the pinch. I've done this quite a few times and it's completely fine.

Jacking rails are nice (I did have them), it makes it a bit quicker and simpler to get the car on 4 stands to do work that requires a level car, like a diff service. But that's only because it saves you from having to jack in two places per side, instead it's just the one. One thing I didn't like about jacking rails is that they mount with a slope towards the center of the car. It doesn't really seem to matter in practice, but it seems like its easier to knock a stand over if your surface or jack control is poor.
Sponsored

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
Race ramps.jpg

I have this same setup I've used over the years on my Mustangs, lower customer vehicles I currently have... Yes, it is pricey but the time and safety part, priceless... Had them for years... Note: I just used this pic for reference only.... and to catch you attention... here is the link... https://www.calcarcover.com/product/72-low-profile-race-ramps-rr722/2305 hope this helps
Sponsored