Floor Jack Clearance Issue

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
Is there a reason not to use the factory-specified jacking points?
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Jacking rails. Allows me to go full hover-mode in a couple minutes and have the car rock solid stable while it's in the air.

49919756328_2de62d4cfb_o.jpg
I have a set of Kenny Brown jacking rails that need to be installed. Ordered two months ago and arrived in a little over seven weeks. Hope the wait is worth it.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I use Jackpoint Jackstands and neither of my jacks are low enough to lift the front with their jack pad. So I'll use a lift pad for the rear to initially jack the car up, then use another jack to lift the front. It's a couple extra steps but I like these jackstands. Jacking rails to me are just added weight.

tempImage7Upwcp.png

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wow…page two and you guys are still struggling with rails, jacks, and stands?!?!

QuickJack. End of conversation. Then you can do like I did and kick yourself for fighting with all that other garbage for soooo many years.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
While I agree jacking rails are dead weight, they make life so much easier, I don't track my car its just a weekend fun driver and cruiser so a few extra pounds doesn't matter to me. I even put an actual spare tire in my trunk :) . I grab mine right in the middle and raise a whole side at a time and put a jack stand under each corner, then do the other side. Hover mode is a good description..

Sponsored

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
While I agree jacking rails are dead weight, they make life so much easier, I don't track my car its just a weekend fun driver and cruiser so a few extra pounds doesn't matter to me. I even put an actual spare tire in my trunk :) . I grab mine right in the middle and raise a whole side at a time and put a jack stand under each corner, then do the other side. Hover mode is a good description..
And that’s what I don’t understand about the need for jacking rails… I do the same thing with a $15 pinch weld jack adapter

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
And that’s what I don’t understand about the need for jacking rails… I do the same thing with a $15 pinch weld jack adapter
The jacking rails allow me to place my jack under the middle of the door. Raise the car high enough to put two jack stands on the rail. Lower it onto them and then repeat the process on the other side. Car goes from on thr ground to all 4 wheels off the ground faster than you can roll out and set up a quick jack setup.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
The jacking rails distribute the lifting force across the entire width of the car instead of concentrated in one point. I like that much better than Concentrating the lift in one spot. Plus, it adds a little bit of rigidity to the side of the car.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The jacking rails distribute the lifting force across the entire width of the car instead of concentrated in one point.
LOL, no. They distribute it maybe few inches around the pinch weld but that just about it. They do anything different than simple jacking pad would do in terms of distributing the force.

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't like jacking up the left half then the right half since doing the 2nd side almost "pulls" the car over and makes the 1st sides' jackstands start to tip. So I first drive over some boards, jack the front half of the car up by the subframe, pop 2 jackstands on the pinch weld points, repeat on the subframe near the diff on the rear

I don't have jacking rails but do have the zl1 addons jack pads on the pinch welds

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I don't like jacking up the left half then the right half since doing the 2nd side almost "pulls" the car over and makes the 1st sides' jackstands start to tip. So I first drive over some boards, jack the front half of the car up by the subframe, pop 2 jackstands on the pinch weld points, repeat on the subframe near the diff on the rear

I don't have jacking rails but do have the zl1 addons jack pads on the pinch welds
If you don't have a good surface this can absolutely be a risk. My floorjack rolls smoothly on my floor allowing the car to pivot on the jackstands while the jack moves as opposed to having the jack stationary and the car moving.

I also have no way of getting to any good jack point from the front of the car to lift it up from the front/center. I'd also hit all of my aero on the ground as soon as the car took on any angle due to the front splitter and rear diffuser.

52723850065_464d10f405_o.jpg

51124849467_c7537b0ded_o.jpg

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Thanks guys - I'm going to pass on the jacking rails, but the Daytona low profile jack looks doable. If someone without jacking rails can chime-in, it would be much appreciated.
I have the Daytona LP jack, it’s great! Very heavy duty and fits easily under the car. I have jacking rails and definitely recommend them, but you can use jack pads to protect the pinch weld if you’re worried about it and don’t want to mess with rails.

The nice thing about rails is you can lift anywhere along the rail, and can get both wheels on that side up in the air much easier and save yourself some time.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Wow…page two and you guys are still struggling with rails, jacks, and stands?!?!

QuickJack. End of conversation. Then you can do like I did and kick yourself for fighting with all that other garbage for soooo many years.
☝I should have gone with a QuickJack to start with. I’m still thinking about getting one someday

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Jacking rails are like the first mod I do to the Mustang. Second is hood struts
Dude. Had a friend tell me for over a year, get the hood struts. I just laughed, no that's stupid, I can spend my $$$ elsewhere.

Then I got the hood struts. And FML they are so nice. No longer burning my had between runs. Who woulda thunk it.

I 100% agree with the hood struts comment.
Sponsored