700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got to go to the track last night and I would say the results were decent. Below is a video of my two best passes. My best pass was actually the very first pass straight off the interstate after driving for about an hour and 15 minutes. That was right when the track opened and after that the track just got messy. The staging lanes were full of water and I tried to get around them but every single pass I spun in first gear, some worse than others.

My first pass with -5% out of first gear, the rest full power I ran an 11.03@130 with a 1.70 60' from idle. I spun some in first gear but it wasn't terrible. Second pass I went full power in first gear, flash stalled the car to about 1,200-1,500 rpms, I couldn't really see cause I was watching the tree and I ran an 11.09@129 with a 1.72 60'. I spun very hard through all of first gear on that run. The next pass I kept the power in but went from an idle. Spun very bad. Think I ran a 12.2 @128. Next pass I put the -5% back in first gear and same results, spun very badly.

Last three runs I ran just like the first one with an 11.1 and two 11.3's. The 11.3's were hot lapped as was the 11.1 after my second 12 second pass. All other runs I waited about 15-30 minutes. I couldn't wait too long though because test n tune was only 2 hours and I got there with about an hour and a half left. It was also about 90 degrees out with 60% humidity. I am going to try again in late October when the temps start to go down. :thumbsup:

[ame]
Sponsored

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Well done! Knocking on 10's door.

What's your tire setup?

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Well done! Knocking on 10's door.

What's your tire setup?
Mickey Thompson ET S/S 305/35/19. Basically full street trim and the drag radials, which I run on the car always. I wanted to run the car as it sits. I may buy a drag set up, not sure yet.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Great MPH ...With that MPH you should be in the low 10s once you get it to hook ..

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Saw the video on Instagram. Nice shakedown passes, can't wait to see you hit 10s

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
You didn't lower the tire pressure? You'll get into the 10s next time. Just an FYI if you don't already know, they say MT ET S/S hook great at 18psi

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Great MPH ...With that MPH you should be in the low 10s once you get it to hook ..
Thanks man that's what I am hoping.

Saw the video on Instagram. Nice shakedown passes, can't wait to see you hit 10s
Same here man, I really thought after that first pass I was going to get it. I should've left the power at the same level on my second run and tried the flash stall. That was before it got really packed and the track got shitty.

You didn't lower the tire pressure? You'll get into the 10s next time. Just an FYI if you don't already know, they say MT ET S/S hook great at 18psi
Yup I had them at 18 psi. I checked the pressure after every run. It took them about 3 passes to level out. The biggest problem was how sloppy the track got and the fact that I was trying my best to get around that water box but there was water everywhere in the staging lane so I had no choice but to drive through the water. Worst part was there was literally small puddles outside the water box and the dude kept on spraying water.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Nice run!!!!.Thats a good et for that weather,our time slips are almost identical.My friend@Rockstang just got his whipple done and cant wait to get to the track with him.Like u also want some nice cool weather!!!!.

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Thanks man that's what I am hoping.

Same here man, I really thought after that first pass I was going to get it. I should've left the power at the same level on my second run and tried the flash stall. That was before it got really packed and the track got shitty.

Yup I had them at 18 psi. I checked the pressure after every run. It took them about 3 passes to level out. The biggest problem was how sloppy the track got and the fact that I was trying my best to get around that water box but there was water everywhere in the staging lane so I had no choice but to drive through the water. Worst part was there was literally small puddles outside the water box and the dude kept on spraying water.
Ah, I see. Sucks about the water box. The 1/8th mile track I go to makes it impossible to go around too, so I feel your pain lol.

Nice runs none the less!

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Congrats, great mph for the hot weather my last car was running 11.0 @ 126 on a hot day and then when it cooled off with good DA it would run 10.40 @ 130 so you will soon b flying :)

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Nice run!!!!.Thats a good et for that weather,our time slips are almost identical.My friend@Rockstang just got his whipple done and cant wait to get to the track with him.Like u also want some nice cool weather!!!!.
Awesome man! I can't wait for late October here lol

Ah, I see. Sucks about the water box. The 1/8th mile track I go to makes it impossible to go around too, so I feel your pain lol.

Nice runs none the less!
Yea it was frustrating. I was literally just rolling through to get kicked off the track at that point, which I did lol

Congrats, great mph for the hot weather my last car was running 11.0 @ 126 on a hot day and then when it cooled off with good DA it would run 10.40 @ 130 so you will soon b flying :)
That's what I am hoping for. I think I am going to hit up State Capitol where the prep is a bit better and hopefully they won't spray the staging lanes like it's the flood again. :shrug:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Good first time out OP but I don't think he is going to run "low 10's" with 128-130 mph.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
^yup, I agree. Good pass, you're a 1.6x from a 10.8-10.9 in those conditions, and a little better in lower DA. I've made a few trips to Gulfport when I lived in south Alabama, always felt like Africa, hot and humid.