Fan Speed not Working

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
I noticed today that adjusting my fan speed has no affect. The fan constantly stays on high no matter what, unless off.

Anyone else notice this?

Guess it will be back to the service lane.......again.
:mad:
Sponsored

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Did you try taking it off "automatic"? Then try to adjust fan speed. Not sure if that is the problem, but if it is hot in the car, the fan speed will be high till it cools down if it is in "auto" mode.
My wife refuses to learn, or try to understand how "auto" mode works. So when she drives the car, she turns the temperature all the way down to cool the car, then when it gets too cold, she turns it off. So frustrating. I try to explain that in "auto", all she needs to do is set the temp where she likes it and forget it. Then she can just make adjustments by kicking it up or down a degree or so as needed. But she just doesn't get it.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you try taking it off "automatic"? Then try to adjust fan speed. Not sure if that is the problem, but if it is hot in the car, the fan speed will be high till it cools down if it is in "auto" mode.
My wife refuses to learn, or try to understand how "auto" mode works. So when she drives the car, she turns the temperature all the way down to cool the car, then when it gets too cold, she turns it off. So frustrating. I try to explain that in "auto", all she needs to do is set the temp where she likes it and forget it. Then she can just make adjustments by kicking it up or down a degree or so as needed. But she just doesn't get it.
Yes, check to make sure if "auto" is switched on. If auto it on, you can't change fan speed until you press it to turn it off.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I noticed today that adjusting my fan speed has no affect. The fan constantly stays on high no matter what, unless off.

Anyone else notice this?

Guess it will be back to the service lane.......again.
:mad:
you could have auto on, or max AC or max defrost

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Yes, check to make sure if "auto" is switched on. If auto it on, you can't change fan speed until you press it to turn it off.
Not true! I use auto all the time and I can still adjust the fan speed!

Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not true! I use auto all the time and I can still adjust the fan speed!
I should say if auto and max a/c is on, then I can, but if just auto is on then I can't. Maybe something else was on that I did not notice, but I do remember not being able to turn down the fan speed until I turned auto off.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If he has the dual climate on the premiums I think it has something to do with the auto/max ac. Like this in my parents Optima.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Auto light turns off in mine when I adjust fan speed.
Yep, this is the way it should behave. As if you adjust the fan speed, things are now manually being operated.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Oh, thank god! I was afraid MY wife was the only Climate Control idiot in the world! I get so FREAKING TIRED of max cold until she is too cold, then heat until she is too hot, and then AC again....

Sponsored

Phantom336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a similar issue last week, except the fan speed was stuck on low, no matter what the fan speed was set as. Turns out a buddy of mine accidentally knocked a connector loose under the passenger glove box. Took it to Ford thinking it was a bigger issue but that's all it was. The tech said that the fan will default to the last setting if this happens. Take a look.

Matt

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
So I took it in for warranty along with a few other issues. They had to install a resistor of some sorts under the dashboard. That seemed to resolve my issue however the outside air temp now always reads the same temp.

Regretting buying this car already with the issues. Had it for 45 days and its already been in 4 times and has to go back for a 5th.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
My fan doesn't work at all, no matter what speed I set it to.

Just started doing it this week. Just as the hot weather really starts coming here, I have no AC :(

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
And I'm not too interested in leaving the car with ford with the supercharger etc installed. They will probably crash my car or destroy the clutch.

Most likely I will just live without climate control until the problem is widespread enough that everyone knows exactly what it is.
Sponsored