Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure that the breaker is intact? My breaker will go first. I have a Mach 1 but I understand they’re quite similar in parts sans the 5.2
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't see it mentioned a lot but - When I'm backing out of my garage and I'm already in reverse - I get this message. They simply will not change modes while in reverse. The second Im in neutral or another gear, I'm GTG.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Test battery. Known failure point. Depending on where you live, if the car is driven, or if it stays on a maintainer, the battery could be shot. Go to Autozone, have it tested.

From there, what other issues is the car having? Factory exhaust or aftermarket?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I just ran into this problem as well last night, sure enough the wires started rubbing on the pinch weld. Why Ford could not have moved the valve a 1/2" closer to the muffler, or made the connector on the valve motor 90 degrees from it's current position is beyond me.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe @WD Pro has mentioned shortening the exhaust a bit to give move it forward and provided more clearance between the body and AE harness. This would also be an option for you to correct things moving forward.
If it helps, I shortened my active exhaust with H pipe by about 16mm total when I fitted the H after my standard system had started to rub.

I made the ‘perfect’ cut, then shortened the cut and the front of the H pipe by about 8mm each.

Right side loom off the standard system had just started to rub :

1676792885336.jpeg

Before (standard system / standard fitment on the right) v after (modified with H) :

1676793219405.png

Loom clearance after the mod :

1676793356396.jpeg

WD :like:
WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffsmith

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
So to close the loop on this one needed a new exhaust valve actuator. Unfortunately B2B expired and not covered under powertrain/emission. What’s worse car got rear ended in a parking lot while waiting for the part. Needed to replace bumper,etc. Of course no note so don’t know who did it. Fast forward just got her back yesterday. Just need to wait a month to put on the bumper stripe.

To quote Vince Vega: Don’t fuck with another man’s vehicle. You don’t do it. It’s just against the rules.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Just had this happen to me a few days ago. It was like the car went into limp mode. It didn't like going over 30MPH and any time I left off the gas it was like a hard engine brake. I just started the car today and I can hear a loud ass noise from the exhaust and when I checked under I could see that the actual exhaust pipes were leaking a little.

So frustrating that my car has been plague with issues from the start. Dreading having to take it to the dealership and have a repeat again. My CTR has been such a godsend.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I had that issue once on my 20 GT350, and decided to remove the fuse with the actuator in track mode. So, I have permanent open valves when starting and driving the car. And yes, that message pops up every time I start the car.

Vagabund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS, 1966 289
You can disable the AE in FORScan too. The reverse of retrofitting the AE. Would save like 2 lbs of weight and the price of the bracket 😂
Hi, can you help me out on what lines in FORScan need to be changed to disable the Active Exhaust?
Thank you in advance
Sponsored