Exhaust Advice needed

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Have you tried sound dampening in the trunk? I was going to try that initially, but now that we have determined that it is not a volume issue at this point we are going to hold off until we get the sound, tone, resonance and vibration issues figured out... then I may add sound dampening to the base of the trunk underneath spare tire well to just decrease road noise and perhaps take the edge off it necessary....
I wish I had a picture, but I forgot to take one lol, but yes I do. I ended up putting Dynamat (had a box laying around from previous audio upgrades for other cars) in the spare tire well, the side (not all the way to fenders where wheels are), and all the way to the backrest to the rear seats.

It didn't do anything lol, but the sound from my subwoofer went from sounding like a hall concert to a very clean sound.
Sponsored

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I recently had AWE's touring system installed and the cabin noise especially at highway speeds in almost non existent even with LTH's on the car, first system I've ever had that didn't drone and its amazing. Couldn't be happier with my decision. Makes driving my car much more enjoyable while still having a really aggressive sound.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I recently had AWE's touring system installed and the cabin noise especially at highway speeds in almost non existent even with LTH's on the car, first system I've ever had that didn't drone and its amazing. Couldn't be happier with my decision. Makes driving my car much more enjoyable while still having a really aggressive sound.
Loudness of cabin from rowing through the gears from 1-4?

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
David,
Just so you know.. I am the one who started this thread, but it seems I have attracted a few other forum members with Borla issues.. so you may be getting responses from different folks...
Lorne
On an otherwise stock setup there should be absolutely zero drone with any of the Borla systems.

I will take care of any and all of you and resolve this to your satisfaction. Those of you that are having issues, please send me an email at [email protected].

The comments here are not consistent with how our systems sound so something's not right and I need to fix it for you guys.

Thanks

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Best video I've found that gives an idea of the amplitude of the sound of the S-type inside the car in various driving. It sounds great but is pretty present all the time...driving starts at about 5 minutes:

What about exhaust system drone? Is there any? Also I was surprised you didn't mention the rear wheel hop problem - which is pretty bad with S550. Thanks for the review.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What about exhaust system drone? Is there any? Also I was surprised you didn't mention the rear wheel hop problem - which is pretty bad with S550. Thanks for the review.
For the Borla? The car I've driven with the S-type has no drone. It's got ever-present, deep and aggressive tone, but no drone to speak of. Great sounding exhaust overall, but I could easily see it being a bit much for many. My Corsa setup does not drone at all either. Just to be clear, that's not me in the review! :lol:

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For the Borla? The car I've driven with the S-type has no drone. It's got ever-present, deep and aggressive tone, but no drone to speak of.
Thanks for this. Thousands of others have given us the same feedback and we have an unusual amount of data and market research that confirms this as well. So, if you're having drone issues with our systems, something is not as it should be and we need to fix it for you guys.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
David Borla - does this also apply to the FRPP Touring Cat-Back by Borla?

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For the Borla? The car I've driven with the S-type has no drone. It's got ever-present, deep and aggressive tone, but no drone to speak of. Great sounding exhaust overall, but I could easily see it being a bit much for many. My Corsa setup does not drone at all either. Just to be clear, that's not me in the review! :lol:
In regards to the Borla S type ....would you say no objectionable resonance or vibration (drum beat type) with the exhaust?

Sponsored

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
In regards to the Borla S type ....would you say no objectionable resonance or vibration (drum beat type) with the exhaust?
On an otherwise stock setup, there is absolutely no objectionable resonance or vibration with any of the Borla systems for the S550 Mustang.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, you should not have that. It does have a pretty good amount of interior volume, never really quiet in the car. At cruise in 6th there's a hum from the back of the car but it shouldn't feel like resonance, just a constant tone.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
On an otherwise stock setup, there is absolutely no objectionable resonance or vibration with any of the Borla systems for the S550 Mustang.
Thanks David and BmAcIL...I think I am on the right track now with knowing what I should be hearing.. hope to have this resolved soon...

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No, you should not have that. It does have a pretty good amount of interior volume, never really quiet in the car. At cruise in 6th there's a hum from the back of the car but it shouldn't feel like resonance, just a constant tone.
Same description here. :amen:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. It's a great-sounding exhaust. I prefer it to most others I've heard outside of the Corsa stuff. Even then, there's something about that nasty, deep rumble I miss sometimes every time I'm in [MENTION=17191]mindys[/MENTION] car. Overall I like having a stock-like quiet interior when I want, and the ability to make it roar only when I want, more than I miss that though :lol:
Sponsored