Sponsored

Exhaust Advice needed

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
No problem. It's a great-sounding exhaust. I prefer it to most others I've heard outside of the Corsa stuff. Even then, there's something about that nasty, deep rumble I miss sometimes every time I'm in [MENTION=17191]mindys[/MENTION] car. Overall I like having a stock-like quiet interior when I want, and the ability to make it roar only when I want, more than I miss that though :lol:
Same thoughts. Mine didn't drone when cruising, but the exhaust sound was always present and wore on me over time. If I didn't have to drive so much, I would probably still have it on my car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Same thoughts. Mine didn't drone when cruising, but the exhaust sound was always present and wore on me over time. If I didn't have to drive so much, I would probably still have it on my car.
that will be the test for me once I get it working like its supposed to...will it stand the test of time.. I would think the goal of all exhaust manufacturers is to make an exhaust that sounds great, but does not become tiring for us older folks :)

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
No problem. It's a great-sounding exhaust. I prefer it to most others I've heard outside of the Corsa stuff. Even then, there's something about that nasty, deep rumble I miss sometimes every time I'm in [MENTION=17191]mindys[/MENTION] car. Overall I like having a stock-like quiet interior when I want, and the ability to make it roar only when I want, more than I miss that though :lol:
To whom it may concern, I've had this exhaust for almost two years on my car now. I have never had an issue of keeping the car quiet when I wanted with throttle modulation. Is there drone? No. Absolutely none. Just a rumble from the rear of the car. I could go to Corsa for absolutely no interior sound, but I prefer the lower rumble, popping and gurgle the Borla makes off compression. Great exhaust... so if you are having drone, there has to be an issue somewhere.

Ninja edit: I forgot to mention that I am 24, so that may mean I have a higher tolerance for allowable sound inside the cabin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
To whom it may concern, I've had this exhaust for almost two years on my car now. I have never had an issue of keeping the car quiet when I wanted with throttle modulation. Is there drone? No. Absolutely none. Just a ruble from the rear of the car. I could go to Corsa for absolutely no interior sound, but I prefer the lower rumble, popping and gurgle the Borla makes off compression. Great exhaust... so if you are having drone, there has to be an issue somewhere.

Ninja edit: I forgot to mention that I am 24, so that may mean I have a higher tolerance for allowable sound inside the cabin.
thanks for your feedback..it gives me hope... I really do enjoy the asthetic sounds of this exhaust over the corsa.. Its the resonance,vibration and drum beat that is permeating the car (almost surround sound) that is not tolerable..even at mild throttle going 40-45....I should have a resolution soon here and will keep you guys posted on the results...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for your feedback..it gives me hope... I really do enjoy the asthetic sounds of this exhaust over the corsa.. Its the resonance,vibration and drum beat that is permeating the car (almost surround sound) that is not tolerable..even at mild throttle going 40-45....I should have a resolution soon here and will keep you guys posted on the results...
Check all your hanger rods and make sure none of the isolators are bound up. Also make sure the tips are positioned properly.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I beg to differ Mindys.....us older or "more seasoned I prefer" drivers suffer some form of hearing loss!!! That would give us a huge tolerance for cabin noise!! lol. :cheers::cheers: :lol:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Check all your hanger rods and make sure none of the isolators are bound up. Also make sure the tips are positioned properly.
Thanks for the input.. I have had several people mention that.. hard to believe that the hangers would cause so much noise and vibration...but its worth checking into.. I am waiting for replacement parts and then my performance shop is going to re-install, check all connections, hangers, etc.. I am pretty confident in my install shop as they also do custome fabricating of exhausts, etc.. unless something shifted or loosened up at some point but I have only had the exhaust on the car for a couple weeks.. no tracking or auto cross at all... just in town and highway commuting....

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I beg to differ Mindys.....us older or "more seasoned I prefer" drivers suffer some form of hearing loss!!! That would give us a huge tolerance for cabin noise!! lol. :cheers::cheers: :lol:
I hear you! (no pun intended).... I have slight hearing loss in my left ear... should be more tolerable....

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Hehe and many car guys do not grow up as they grow old and still enjoy the loud sounds :D hope I am one of those people :cheers:

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I hear you! (no pun intended).... I have slight hearing loss in my left ear... should be more tolerable....
Also, if you are ever in the Chicago area, let me know. We can drive each others' cars and compare volumes. That would end your search for answers. If they sound the same, it just means the exhaust is not for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Also, if you are ever in the Chicago area, let me know. We can drive each others' cars and compare volumes. That would end your search for answers. If they sound the same, it just means the exhaust is not for you.
Thanks! I may take you up on that offer! Can't wait to get mine re-installed first and see where I am at... :cheers::thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input.. I have had several people mention that.. hard to believe that the hangers would cause so much noise and vibration...but its worth checking into.. I am waiting for replacement parts and then my performance shop is going to re-install, check all connections, hangers, etc.. I am pretty confident in my install shop as they also do custome fabricating of exhausts, etc.. unless something shifted or loosened up at some point but I have only had the exhaust on the car for a couple weeks.. no tracking or auto cross at all... just in town and highway commuting....
If the isolators are bound up, they won't damp any of the vibrations from the exhaust and will transfer it directly into the body of the car. Definitely check all connections and try to support the exhaust some while tightening. You don't want to torque it down all bound up.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! I may take you up on that offer! Can't wait to get mine re-installed first and see where I am at... :cheers::thumbsup:
I wish we lived closer. I'd trade you my ARH catback for your S Type. The ARH exhaust is fantastic as far as quality and sound quality are concerned but it just isn't loud enough for me. I think it's exactly what you're looking for. Good luck getting yours sorted out!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we lived closer. I'd trade you my ARH catback for your S Type. The ARH exhaust is fantastic as far as quality and sound quality are concerned but it just isn't loud enough for me. I think it's exactly what you're looking for. Good luck getting yours sorted out!
thanks! appreciate it!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If the isolators are bound up, they won't damp any of the vibrations from the exhaust and will transfer it directly into the body of the car. Definitely check all connections and try to support the exhaust some while tightening. You don't want to torque it down all bound up.
will do! thanks...
Sponsored