Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I read on another post where someone had issues with noise on their exhaust a few months after install and they found that they had to retighten all of the clamps on the exhaust.. anyone know if that is common?

Quote from other post: Make sure you go through and check all the clamps in a couple of weeks. I started getting a strange thump in my car and could not find it for the life of me. I went through and checked all the clamps on all my recent work and most of the exhaust clamps needed tightening and the thump disappeared
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
the craigs list post says it is the corsa sport.. I was under the assumption that the sport was quieter than the extreme and actually quieter than the Borla S type...
Corsa Sport axleback. Paired with his X-pipe there it's as loud as the Xtreme. I tried it and loved it, but too loud for me. It's probably still a lot quieter inside than your current exhaust though, amazingly. Loud AF outside though :lol:. Even $600 for a sport axleback is a GREAT deal. I love how mine sounds with the resonated X and it is about the same volume as the S-type on the outside (but much quieter inside unless I'm accelerating hard).

New video:
[ame]

One from a few weeks ago:
[ame]

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Sport axleback. Paired with his X-pipe there it's as loud as the Xtreme. I tried it and loved it, but too loud for me. It's probably still a lot quieter inside than your current exhaust though, amazingly. Loud AF outside though :lol:. Even $600 for a sport axleback is a GREAT deal. I love how mine sounds with the resonated X and it is about the same volume as the S-type on the outside (but much quieter inside unless I'm accelerating hard).

New video:

One from a few weeks ago:
Thanks...sounds great... :headbang::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just and update for all of you who have posted info and advise on this thread... I had originally had 2 mods done at the same time, the Borla S type catback and a Barton short throw shifter... I was not liking the vibration that was coming from having the shifter transmission mounted, so I brought it back in and had it body mounted to see if that would make a difference with the exhaust. It took care of the NVH coming from the shifter, but did not resolve the resonance issue with the Borla S type catback. At that point we decided to install a brand new replacement system that Borla sent me to see if there was an issue with the original exhaust system. After installing the new exhaust there is definitely a difference, especially in town with the sound and resonance, much quieter. However I am still feeling noticeable amounts of drone and noise at hwy speeds, especially when in 6th gear.... 5 th gear is actually quieter... which you would think when you are in 6th it would be better.. due to the lower rpms... At this point I am going to try to line the trunk with dynamat extreme (ordered the wrong product initally..dynaliner) and see if that gets rid of the resonance that is occuring coming from the back end of the exhaust system. I have also contemplated installing the Borla resonator which essentially moves it down to the touring model.. but I really don't want to do that...the dynamat is due to arrive late this week and we'll see how things go after that. I am hoping that it will be the final piece of the puzzle. otherwise I will have to look for an alternative exhaust , possibly corsa.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No, you should not have that. It does have a pretty good amount of interior volume, never really quiet in the car. At cruise in 6th there's a hum from the back of the car but it shouldn't feel like resonance, just a constant tone.
I think that is what I am hearing now... it just seems to wear on me..I know that drone can be tiring...I don't know if the humming noise can be categorized as drone, or just white noise...whatever it is, I am hoping to eliminate or reduce it with the dynamat...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was initially going to do Corsa Sport Catbacks, but backed out and got the Borla. I wanted that low and deep growl of the V8. I got that, but also came with a loud cabin. The sound of the exhaust outside was louder than expected, but that was fine. I feel you on the cabin, but not having the experience of it sound right sucks. It is actually really nice inside the cabin, just loud lol.
do you still have the borla system or did you switch to AWE?

theman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LongBed Tundra & M3 Convertible
Have a 2" ID stainless 26" length and capped-end pipe, welded to each of the dual exhaust pipes. Have the holes cut and the pipes welded on to run right alongside each rear muffler, they will intersect straight in perpendicular in between those two bends before the mufflers.

Nice clean install with space there, plus any decent exhaust place should be able to manage the job for about $100-150 easily in well under an hour.
This will cut the edge off, remove any drone, and quiet it down a tad all at once...without the hassle of reselling yours, getting a new exhaust, or installing a whole other resonator, all costing quite a bit more out of pocket.
As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, this is a simple and cheap mod to do with the mustangs to fix your exhaust resonance issue... 2 straight 2" diameter 24-26" long pipes welded in like so will clean up that bothersome sound for you while still keeping a nice mustang growl. Most likely since your issue is at lower rpm load in 6th you will need the longer 26" sections.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think that is what I am hearing now... it just seems to wear on me..I know that drone can be tiring...I don't know if the humming noise can be categorized as drone, or just white noise...whatever it is, I am hoping to eliminate or reduce it with the dynamat...
That's just part of the S-type. You'll always have a hum at cruise. Dynamat may help.

Also [MENTION=17993]theman[/MENTION], you need longer pipes than that to get the problem drone areas. 28-29" to get a targeted zone where it usually occurs.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, this is a simple and cheap mod to do with the mustangs to fix your exhaust resonance issue... 2 straight 2" diameter 24-26" long pipes welded in like so will clean up that bothersome sound for you while still keeping a nice mustang growl. Most likely since your issue is at lower rpm load in 6th you will need the longer 26" sections.

Thanks again for your advice. I do appreciate it.... but I would prefer not to cut into or modify the borla exhaust in anyway. I want it to work as is...if I modify it and then want to sell it down the road I would not have the orignal setup. Plus there may be implications in regards to factory warranty from Ford which I still have a year left. From what Borla is telling me, the exhaust should be acceptable as it is.....the dynamat is my last ditch effort to make it work. The other options beyond that are to install the resonator from Borla (essentially settle for the Touring System) or go to a Corsa system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's just part of the S-type. You'll always have a hum at cruise. Dynamat may help.

Also @theman , you need longer pipes than that to get the problem drone areas. 28-29" to get a targeted zone where it usually occurs.
Do you think the Touring System (swapping out the X pipe for the H pipe from Borla) would eliminate the humming noise or just make it quieter at open throttle and acceleration?
Sponsored

Last edited: