Sponsored

Ever seen anyone taking pics of your Mustang?

Exikutioner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Appearance GT
Driving down the highway on my way home. Saw a jacked up F-350 pull up along side, and noticed the passenger window roll down. They edge out just ahead of me in the fast lane, and the passenger leans out the window and starts snapping pictures of the front, and side. After he got his set, he looks up from the phone, and gives me a big thumbs up. Talk about a compliment. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

nzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Fastback GT MT PP
Yep, all the time, people taking pictures/videos, complete strangers stopping to talk to me about it all the time. Everywhere I drive it males and females of all ages from little kids to the elderly stop and look. My car was delivered a year ago now at the end of January 2016, and I can now say I think I know what its like to be a rock star. To be fair, Mustangs are a lot rarer here (New Zealand) than in the States, I was in the first 250 people to pre-order one, and mine was actually the first one delivered by the Hastings Ford Dealership.

Mustang50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
My 2016 Mustang is still not a common sight in most parts of UK. I've had everyone from teenagers to older men and women showing an interest and taking photos, especially in car parks. Most people ask first (we are British, after all.....) and I've had some great discussions with interested and admiring onlookers.
It is surprising how many older people have a Mustang passion dating from the 60s and 70s. It is also very interesting how many people know a good deal about the technical features of current models although not everyone is familiar with the 2.3 ecoboost and they are staggered to hear how much power it shoves out whilst remaining pretty economical.
People are very positive and like the car. I haven't had a single negative comment (and certainly none of the references to 'big Yanks' or 'gas guzzlers' that I occasionally had with my first Mustang in UK back in the early 70s).

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
My 2016 Mustang is still not a common sight in most parts of UK. I've had everyone from teenagers to older men and women showing an interest and taking photos, especially in car parks. Most people ask first (we are British, after all.....) and I've had some great discussions with interested and admiring onlookers.
It is surprising how many older people have a Mustang passion dating from the 60s and 70s. It is also very interesting how many people know a good deal about the technical features of current models although not everyone is familiar with the 2.3 ecoboost and they are staggered to hear how much power it shoves out whilst remaining pretty economical.
People are very positive and like the car. I haven't had a single negative comment (and certainly none of the references to 'big Yanks' or 'gas guzzlers' that I occasionally had with my first Mustang in UK back in the early 70s).
Yeah, I'd imagine these cars would get more attention in the UK.

Off topic a bit, is there still a tax penalty based on the engine displacement? Shell stationed me in London for a year in the late 90s and some of the locals said that's why most people drove low displacement engines. Mind you, I didn't drive while I was there.

Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Too many Maseratis , Ferraris , Porsches , Astons , etc.. for people to care about my car here.

I do get some complements on it here and there.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Yes. Mostly younger kids. Was at IHOP with my son and seen some standing beside it taking pictures. When I was in OBX this October I passed through a little homecoming parade and people were taking pictures of it. I don't mind but I am a low key person which my car says the complete opposite.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
couple of guys in car behind me and one of them pulls out his smartphone and takes pics of my Mustang.

Mustang50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Yeah, I'd imagine these cars would get more attention in the UK.

Off topic a bit, is there still a tax penalty based on the engine displacement? Shell stationed me in London for a year in the late 90s and some of the locals said that's why most people drove low displacement engines. Mind you, I didn't drive while I was there.
An interesting question - no doubt the UK system would come as a shock to many Americans.......
Since 2001, UK Car Tax (Vehicle Excise Duty) has been based on CO2 emissions, not on engine size. Clever engine management and smaller engines has meant that many cars currently pay no VED. The Mustang VED level jumps from Ecoboost to GT:

2016 Ford Mustang
Ecoboost 2.3 manual 179g CO2/km £230 per annum (£355 in 1st year)
V8 5.0 manual 299g/km £515 per annum (£1120 in 1st year)

This means that my Ecobost costs the same to tax every year as my wife's Saab 9-3 Cabrio which has half the power but similar emissions. You can see why the Ecoboost is the popular choice for many of us in UK.
The system is going to change in 2017 to bring more of the low emission cars into pay bands.
You can check this online - just Google UK VED rates.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Nobody makes a 400 HP car that has OE rust and dented panels.:(
Having all that on the new body would probably draw even more attention. I mean haven't you seen the one S550 that is vinyl wrapped in the rust.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Happens almost every time I'm in NYC...mostly Europeans.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Two things that I've constantly gotten since I modded this car: 1. Someone saying, "I don't really like Mustangs, but yours looks awesome", or something like that. 2. The "drive by" video/photo shoot whilst cruising on the highway.
Sponsored