EVAP system and warranty

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Does anyone know if the gas tank pressure switch is covered under the federal emissions warranty? My local dealer is giving me the run around.

Also I am having trouble finding a part number for it and have no idea where it is on the car.

Anyone know?

I'm getting code P0453.

Thanks
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's probably part of the fuel tank assembly itself, try seeing what's included with a new one. Not sure if it's included in the federal emissions warranty, but in theory I would think it would be.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The federal emission warranty is more limited than many people think. I found this Ford document for 2019 models which explains the emission warranty coverage, see pages 17-21:

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_04_2018.pdf

In a nutshell, only a few components are covered for 8/80: catalytic converters, electronic emissions control unit, and onboard emissions diagnostic devices, including the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM).

Most other components, like the fuel system and EVAP system, are only covered for 2 years or 24,000 miles. Ford’s 3-year, 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper coverage, surpasses this federal coverage, so basically those other parts are only covered during Fords 3/36 period.

Some states like CA have more expansive state emission warranties, but I don't know if Kentucky has anything like that (I'm guessing not).

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Now I understand why the dealer is giving me the runaround. On one hand it looks like the EVAP system is not covered but then it says under the performance warranty it is.

Pages 19 and 20

cobrachris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium guard saddle 20 inch rims
Does anyone know if the gas tank pressure switch is covered under the federal emissions warranty? My local dealer is giving me the run around.

Also I am having trouble finding a part number for it and have no idea where it is on the car.

Anyone know?

I'm getting code P0453.

Thanks

Sponsored

cobrachris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium guard saddle 20 inch rims
The gas tank vapor hose is leaking on my 15 GT.Ford won’t do anything,said car is older than 7 years.Dealer wants over $1,800 to fix,evap warranty from Ford is zilch.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Now I understand why the dealer is giving me the runaround. On one hand it looks like the EVAP system is not covered but then it says under the performance warranty it is.

Pages 19 and 20

You should show them pages 19 and 20 right from your warranty booklet. If the vehicle is still within 8/80 - and doesn't fall under the CA Emissions Clauses on pages 24-27 of the above attached pdf link, then I too would suspect all of the parts listed on 19-20 are covered as documented there in black and white, providing the Warranty start/in-service date hasn't expired (by years or miles, whichever comes first).

The CA emissions clause seems to suck where it's applicable to CA and States that follow CA Emissions laws, because the year/mileage provisions are REDUCED from the standard 8/80.... So I can see if a vehicle falls within that bracket of the Emissions Warranty per the Booklet, then yea, the owner is definitely SOL....

Also, as long as the car has not been modified at all then there should not be any argument as to what is or is not covered per the book. If there was any modification related to the components listed in the "coverage" section and a Ford Service Center can prove it was associated to the emissions coverage, they can then use that to deny the warranty aspect of the repair.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I called Ford customer service number gave them the info along with my VIN and I was told the EVAP SYSTEM in it's entirety is currently covered on my car. I also got a case number.

If the parts are bad I'm covered. Now I need to take it to a dealer.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I called Ford customer service number gave them the info along with my VIN and I was told the EVAP SYSTEM in it's entirety is currently covered on my car. I also got a case number.

Good to know. I have been occasionally throwing P0455. Usually after a pull.

I just clear it and was going to deal with it later. If it's covered then maybe I will do it now.

Was there a specific number you called?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That's great to hear and as suspected. So the Service Center and the Service Writer need to be retrained on Ford Warranty Provisions and understand the coverage.

Good deal!!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Was there a specific number you called?
1-800-392-3673

They gave the usual disclaimer if something else caused the problem, like a crash or modifications ect... it is not covered.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately a CSR can say , a said component is covered. But in reality, in our happy world of OASIS , if said part is not covered SOL . When an OASIS report is ran for warranty coverage base part number , mileage, and then state . So when you get the answer back from Ford God has spoken .

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to take it in for diagnostics, I have already done it myself. The vent works so does the purge valve, the pressure switch stays at a constant voltage. So either there is a leak, which would pull up it's own code or the pressure switch is bad.

I'll update if it gets warranted or not.

If if it was on top of the tank like it should be I'd replace it myself.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I called Ford parts and they said the pressure sensor is on national back order. I cancelled my dealer appt, no sense in taking it in if they cannot get the part.

They gave me the part number but I must have wrote it down incorrectly as it comes up as not valid.

Maybe someone here knows it.

FR3Z-9E329E Is what I wrote down.

Correct part number is FR3Z-9E325-E
Which includes pressure transducer 9C052

Now to figure out where it is on the car.
Sponsored

Last edited: